Alan Shearer

Weznufc

:lol: hilarious how every brazilian player is the best thing since sliced bread. Dani Alves has been past his sell by date for a good few years now. It's a mental thing as he's won pretty much everything at club level, and the desire is probably gone. He's been one of Brazil's worst players himself, ironically, alongside Fred!

I suppose Shearer is also "talking out of his ass" with an agenda against Brazil eh? The host nation, and most illustrious world cup winner, needing the help of a referee to beat Croatia, and unable to beat a previously out-of-sorts Mexican team. Shearer has simply pointed to what he has seen. Fred might still pick up a couple of goals, but his performances in the first two games have been below poor, and that's a fact.

Alves' comment is as stupid as Scolari's insisting that "it was a penalty".

:lol: hilarious how every brazilian player is the best thing since sliced bread. It's good you took that from my post, illiteracy is a world problem.

Dani Alves has been past his sell by date for a good few years now. It's a mental thing as he's won pretty much everything at club level, and the desire is probably gone. He's been one of Brazil's worst players himself, ironically, alongside Fred! Like I said I agreed with this part, Dani has been horrible, but let's skip that part of my post. :clap:

I suppose Shearer is also "talking out of his ass" with an agenda against Brazil eh? The host nation, and most illustrious world cup winner, needing the help of a referee to beat Croatia, and unable to beat a previously out-of-sorts Mexican team. Shearer has simply pointed to what he has seen. Fred might still pick up a couple of goals, but his performances in the first two games have been below poor, and that's a fact. No one has disagreed with this, which makes your whole post idiotic at best. Shearer though has said Fred isn't a good player, that's based on two games in the last week instead of a career full of goals and an international record in games to goal ratio as good as his own. I agree with what Dani said, saying Fred isn't good enough is idiotic, saying Fred hasn't been good enough is something I agree with. Fred has had a career full of injuries, which didn't help him in the last two seasons at Lyon and made him go back. He's an excellent finisher.

Alves' comment is as stupid as Scolari's insisting that "it was a penalty".

Wait Flip, Fred is a leader on the pitch? Confess to not having watched every Brazil game the past few years, but those I have seen (including last two at WC obviously) he doesn't strike me as a leader of men at all.

Yes he is, if you watch the last Confederation Cups he's the boss of pressing (something we've been lacking this World Cup, don't know where the intensity pressing that easily beat the Euro's finalists has gone). Together with Thiago Silva and David Luiz he's considered the captains of the team, he's a vocal presence on the pitch together with David Luiz while Thiago is the one that provides the calmness and the mouth only when needed.

Dani Alves has been past his sell by date for a good few years now.

Disagree, he's been shit this season. But a good few years is pushing it, he was brilliant against Spain in the Confed Cup last year and basically locked down Iniesta.

Even if he has, a Dani Alves past his sell by date is still better than 95% of fullbacks around.

Dani Alves has been past his sell by date for a good few years now.

Disagree, he's been s*** this season. But a good few years is pushing it, he was brilliant against Spain in the Confed Cup last year and basically locked down Iniesta.

Even if he has, a Dani Alves past his sell by date is still better than 95% of fullbacks around.

He's been so bad this season, I've been hoping he wouldn't get picked for the WC. He's starting now which is actually pulling us back, I agree with him on that, but to say that one of the best right backs of all times who's won everything on club level and played with the worlds best for many many years has no say in this is ridiculous.

I'm not even arguing whether Fred is good player or not. I initially thought that he was a good enough finisher that should he get enough supply and ammunition, he would finish more times than not. Having said that, he's only so far produced an embarrassing dive, and nowt else of note, and that's what pundits are picking up on. He is very badly out of form. This isn't a 38 game league season where you can say "wait for him to pick it up". He needs to be producing now. If this competition wasn't being held in Brazil, I think they would have found it a lot more difficult to qualify from their group than they will now. Having a clearly bent ref has exempted the likes of Fred from criticism it seems.

I'm not even arguing whether Fred is good player or not. I initially thought that he was a good enough finisher that should he get enough supply and ammunition, he would finish more times than not. Having said that, he's only so far produced an embarrassing dive, and nowt else of note, and that's what pundits are picking up on. He is very badly out of form. This isn't a 38 game league season where you can say "wait for him to pick it up". He needs to be producing now. If this competition wasn't being held in Brazil, I think they would have found it a lot more difficult to qualify from their group than they will now. Having a clearly bent ref has exempted the likes of Fred from criticism it seems.

You see, this I agree 100% with. Although he's definitely not been exempted from criticism, he's been getting loads of them in Brazil. It's just that if I'm not wrong, Alves criticized Shearer for saying he's not good enough of a player. Fred should definitely and is getting criticism for his start to the tournament, but I find it extremely hard to criticize a players career for two games. I mean, it's like pundits from other countries criticizing Rooneys career based on two games at this World Cup. Therefore I agree with Dani on that Shearer's comments were absurd.

Fred isn't a bad player, he is in horrendous form though and if Brazil want to do anything he's going to have to pick it up.

No doubt, he has to perform for us to stand a chance at the World Cup and without him we have no reference up top which has been visible. The last string of hope I'm holding on to is that he loves the big games. He won't score against smaller teams but will score on the big occasion.

I don't disagree at all, but there's still time. He's proven in the past he can do it at this level and the part of the tournament which matters hasn't started yet.

I don't disagree at all, but there's still time. He's proven in the past he can do it at this level and the part of the tournament which matters hasn't started yet.

Provided they qualify for the part that matters of course  :p

he is 100% right, alves should relax - he looks like an idiot now, if he thinks fred has been great.

Brasils attack has been shocking. Fred and jo as best options on top will probably cost them the title.

Neymar can't do it alone.

Random question, at this point would anyone take Shearer back as manager? I think I would, even though he's inexperienced, at least he would have the clubs interest at heart and fire the team up for the derby.

For me it's almost anyone > Pardew such is the hate I have for him.

Yeah I think that a given tbh, but in ordinary circumstances, would you give him a punt at the job?

For me it's almost anyone > Pardew such is the hate I have for him.

Yeah I think that a given tbh, but in ordinary circumstances, would you give him a punt at the job?

Hard to quantify normal circumstances tbh but probably not. It didn't work when he needed to do almost the bear minimum so it's hard to imagine it'd work over a long term period.

Random question, at this point would anyone take Shearer back as manager? I think I would, even though he's inexperienced, at least he would have the clubs interest at heart and fire the team up for the derby.

it would be a dream come true. Nothing i really have thought of...coz it won´t happen under ashley!

I dont blame Shearer at all for being relegated as the damage wa already done. But the little time he did have in charge i wasn't at all impressed with his ability to get the team fired up. You could argue that playing for Kinnear had ruined the players and Shearer was in a no win situation, i'd buy that to be honest. But those last few games before we went down the team were as flat as a witches tit.

But Ashley doesnt want any manager who'll ask him for money so that limits us to the clown we already have.

If he wanted to be a manager he'd be one now, or at least would've had a decent stab at it at some point in the last 8 years.

Saying that, Keegan stayed away from it for years before he came back too so fingers crossed.