Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Non-league season tickets always sound expensive for what they are until I remember the adult ticket breaks down to like six quid a game.

Even more of a bargain when I see a Gateshead adult ticket for the same league is £249.

Think I'm going to be watching Gateshead a bit more this year. Lost all motivation for NUFC if I'm being honest with myself.

Exactly how I’ve felt , will listen out for them and watch at times  but live stuff will be Blyth and Heaton for me , really looking forward to being valued again.

Think I'm going to be watching Gateshead a bit more this year. Lost all motivation for NUFC if I'm being honest with myself.

Exactly how I’ve felt , will listen out for them and watch at times  but live stuff will be Blyth and Heaton for me , really looking forward to being valued again.

I had a ticket back in 2012/13 I think it was and would definitely entertain the idea again should they ever find the investment to build their own ground. I cannot stand the stadium through the depth's of the winter. It's such a shame because I think there's hundreds of people in the same position as me.

Had a very enjoyable day at Heaton Stan v Carlisle City on Saturday. We got there nice and early and sat outside Dean & Daniellas, a cafe just a few doors up from the ground, had some nice bait whilst we watched the Carlisle team bus arrive and headed into the ground at 2.15. Seen a few familiar faces inside the ground, quite a few ex NUFC season ticket holders milling around as well as the Daily Mail journalist Craig Hope who qas there with his son and the crack was excellent I have to say. Had a couple of pints which I drank outside whilst watching the match. Crowd was announced as 258 which looked suspiciously on the low side (COVID restricts capacity to 300 for all Northern League games presently).

The game itself finished 1-1, the wind spoilt it a bit if truth be told but the overall day was absolutely brilliant. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a day out at a NUFC match as much. In fact I enjoyed it so much I ended up buying a season ticket!

Had a very enjoyable day at Heaton Stan v Carlisle City on Saturday. We got there nice and early and sat outside Dean & Daniellas, a cafe just a few doors up from the ground, had some nice bait whilst we watched the Carlisle team bus arrive and headed into the ground at 2.15. Seen a few familiar faces inside the ground, quite a few ex NUFC season ticket holders milling around as well as the Daily Mail journalist Craig Hope who qas there with his son and the crack was excellent I have to say. Had a couple of pints which I drank outside whilst watching the match. Crowd was announced as 258 which looked suspiciously on the low side (COVID restricts capacity to 300 for all Northern League games presently).

The game itself finished 1-1, the wind spoilt it a bit if truth be told but the overall day was absolutely brilliant. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a day out at a NUFC match as much. In fact I enjoyed it so much I ended up buying a season ticket!

Good on you mate, forgot they were playing or I would have gone since Blyth was off, damn, will be around a bit when Blyth aren’t playing .Good report of how football used to be  O0

Good on you mate, forgot they were playing or I would have gone since Blyth was off, damn, will be around a bit when Blyth aren’t playing .Good report of how football used to be  O0

Yeah mate it was a bit of a throwback but I was genuinely surprised at how much I enjoyed myself. Been to other local Northern League grounds to me on the odd occasion, Whitley, North Shields & Benfield but there was something a bit different about Heaton Stan, although I can't really explain what it was!

Once COVID restrictions are relaxed it'll be better again because at the minute, although the clubhouse is open you have to drink your beer outside. It was fine on a Saturday afternoon in September but won't have the same appeal on a Wednesday night in January.

I was there on Saturday too and thoroughly enjoyed it, my local club so will definitely be going back. Might take in some Benfield games too.

That miss at the end though.....poor kid!

I was there on Saturday too and thoroughly enjoyed it, my local club so will definitely be going back. Might take in some Benfield games too.

That miss at the end though.....poor kid!

Still not sure how he managed to put it wide and with the very last kick of the game as well! Would have been harsh on Stan as they should have been 3 or 4 up by half time.

with the new covid guidance presumably all non league games will be off again.  :undecided:

I can't see fans going to Wembley for the Vase and Trophy - booked trains and digs too FFS!

The horse racing trial thing at Doncaster is still happening so you might be alright.