Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/supportfornewcastlebluestar?utm_term=XYWYPyaXP

Wasn't sure where else to put this but my mate is manager of Blue Star and some dickheads decided to break into the storage area with bolt cutters and set it alight, which means all of their equipment etc. has been destroyed.

If anybody out there can help in any way possible it would be amazing.

Harrogate unbeaten so far in the National.. Hope they keep this up. North Yorkshire needs some representation!

I'm planning on going along to a few games this season. I went to my first last year and I had a great time - really good standard of football being played as well.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/supportfornewcastlebluestar?utm_term=XYWYPyaXP

Wasn't sure where else to put this but my mate is manager of Blue Star and some dickheads decided to break into the storage area with bolt cutters and set it alight, which means all of their equipment etc. has been destroyed.

If anybody out there can help in any way possible it would be amazing.

Bedlington Terriors had their floodlights vandalised last week as well. Shameful really when some of these clubs are literally just surviving.

Harrogate unbeaten so far in the National.. Hope they keep this up. North Yorkshire needs some representation!

I'm planning on going along to a few games this season. I went to my first last year and I had a great time - really good standard of football being played as well.

Playing really well. Think league football might be incoming if they keep it up. Atmosphere is miles better than 4-5 years ago as well.

Don't bother going to watch Railway though. Utter dross. Been to 3 games, got humped every time lol. Can't see them wining a game!

Playing really well. Think league football might be incoming if they keep it up. Atmosphere is miles better than 4-5 years ago as well.

Don't bother going to watch Railway though. Utter dross. Been to 3 games, got humped every time lol. Can't see them wining a game!

Problem is they can't expand the ground much and i'm pretty sure the league don't allow artificial pitches so they'd have to tear up the 4g.  Given how much money they're be earning from the 6-a-side leagues and renting the pitch out to local clubs for training, i'm not sure it'd be a good thing for them to go up. It would obviously be great for the area though.

Foley back to South Shields from Spenny - after a dodgy start they're surprisingly 2nd and have some of their better players back from injury and suspension!

They just seem to be struggling with the long away journeys this year. Two heavy away defeats but have looked very strong at home.

Foley back to South Shields from Spenny - after a dodgy start they're surprisingly 2nd and have some of their better players back from injury and suspension!

National league north for them next if promoted?

Aye mate - I can’t see any reason why not either!

Hebburn should really go up this season too!

What level are Shields looking to get to can they sustain national league level or are they going all Salford City style for a league place

What level are Shields looking to get to can they sustain national league level or are they going all Salford City style for a league place

Think I read somewhere that initially the owner was aiming for national league then was updated for a league place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blyth AFC of the Northern League have ceased to be.

NS lost to them a few weeks ago. They took most of NS better players. No tears off NS or their support.

Did they used to be Blyth Town? Barry Elliott was involved with them - local shithouse in Blyth (was involved with UKIP) Everything he touches turns to s****. Don't ask him how many times he's been made bankrupt, or he will have his solicitors on to you! :D

I think so aye, they ended up having to ground share at Ashington.

Shields were trying to sign coppen from Morpeth and while our useless b****** of s chairman stuttered he jumped in and paid £1500 for him.

Hope shields get him and Dan Wilson back.

That’s not a fair representation of the situation.

Coppen fell out with our gaffer and the thick f***er thought there was a clause in his contract that allowed him to walk away for nowt. He even had a foul mouthed he’d verbal spat with Nick Grey on Twitter. Turns out Nick was right so he couldn’t walk out. Coppen announced he had signed for N Shields on Twitter after agreeing terms on a free but he read his contract wrong.

Morpeth then sold to the highest bidder and the Blyth chairmen threw money at us and we accepted. Your chairman rightly didn’t get into a bidding war and the financial situation at Blyth shows he was right.

I don’t know your chairman but I know those who volunteer in senior positions and by all means a top bloke.

I think Shields have the potential to make a go of getting into the Conference. Spartans ambition seems to be to remain in the Conference North, unfortunately. Seems little intent at boardroom level to push for promotion. :(

Blyth lost £150k last year which was filled by the chairman. The gates are just not high enough to go up- in fact they are towards the bottom of the NLN. There is certainly more the club could do to boost gates, but I always get riled up when the guys who have footed the bill with their own cash are accused of not spending because they are unambitious. Until a lot more people start turning up every week (not just after a couple of good wins or on sunny days) then NLN is as far as the club can go.

I think Shields have the potential to make a go of getting into the Conference. Spartans ambition seems to be to remain in the Conference North, unfortunately. Seems little intent at boardroom level to push for promotion. :(

Blyth lost £150k last year which was filled by the chairman. The gates are just not high enough to go up- in fact they are towards the bottom of the NLN. There is certainly more the club could do to boost gates, but I always get riled up when the guys who have footed the bill with their own cash are accused of not spending because they are unambitious. Until a lot more people start turning up every week (not just after a couple of good wins or on sunny days) then NLN is as far as the club can go.

Agreed that Spartans need more through the gate, but again a bit of ambition may help in that regard, as will a cup run (the club hasn't enjoyed one of them since the run to Round 3 of the FA Cup, 3 years ago) Spartans home games always seem to be on when Newcastle are at home too.

again a bit of ambition may help in that regard,

What does that ambition look like though, apart from more money on players which the club doesn't have?

When I see the revival at some of the other local clubs, I do scratch my head as to how Blyth seem to have only put an extra couple of hundred on the gate over the last decade.