Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Watched Harrogate Town get a draw in their first ever Conference National game. Not been down for a few years as I've started working weekends but had a great time with my little lad. They have spent loads on the ground as well. Last time I was there it had an obscene hilly playing surface and only 2 "stands". Now 3 sides are terraced and they've gained 1000 fans. Still got the chairmans son in charge though who is diabolical and being carried by daddys cash. Game was physical as fuck though, Harrogate are a pretty dainty side and it was a bit of a wakeup call against the next level up.

Hebburn 3-2 Ashington last night so two wins out of two!

Hebburn were 3-0 up and should have been out of sight by half time - very good team now and promotion is a must! 237 there but it looked like a lot more!

Fans of others teams who visit will be amazed at the transformation of the place!

Yup. I’d visited a fair few NL grounds with Morpeth in recent years but realistically I’m not travelling to Goole and Belper where our first two fixtures are. Shame for the fans as well because we always took a decent away group.

Are you not planning to go to any aways? It's probably the best thing about playing at that level.

Hebburn were 3-0 up and should have been out of sight by half time - very good team now and promotion is a must! 237 there but it looked like a lot more!

Fans of others teams who visit will be amazed at the transformation of the place!

Were Hebburn the team that was going out of business last season?

Were Hebburn the team that was going out of business last season?

18 months ago mate – unbelievable turnaround!

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/appeal-to-save-105-year-old-football-club-as-it-faces-extinction-1-8386802

A few local lads with a few quid behind them bought the Ground and have vastly improved the boozer (with big changes still ongoing) and have big plans for the Ground And obviously the football team! The boozer is constantly heaving and it’s great for the area! 

This was the starting XI and bench last night;

Taylor, Storey ©, Ghillespy, Groves, Wallace, Fairley, Kerr, Richardson, Dibb-Fuller, Sullivan, Armstrong Subs: Spence, Kanda, Bramley, D.Smith, Mallinson

• 2 weeks later...

Hebburn vs North Shields tonight - Crumpy must be going?!

918e4211f172311acc241532240b9a59.jpg

Can't make it mate. Old man's 85 today and doing a family meal/drink etc.

Shields have been woeful this season so far. They offer nothing up front. Easy three points for hebburn is all I can see.

North Shields 3 v 2 Stockton

Good game some v good goals (NS 2nd) NS looking like a different team to a few weeks ago. Gary Day maybe providing some forward momentum.

Some shocking stuff post match as their No.3 tried to start fighting with the NS support who were slaughtering him through the game.(general banter) At every corner he was offering to meet his ridiculers after the match to 'sort it' As he went into the changers he called a young back lad a 'fucking paki' (my son heard it - strange really)

A good afternoons non-league!

Was at dunston v pontefract collieries yesterday. FA cup preliminary round. Dunston came from behind twice to win 4-2 against opposition a level above, 1-0 down at half time before a fantastic 2nd half. Cheap, enjoyable afternoon . Burger and a bovril for £2.20.

Was at Benfield v West Auckland in the FA Cup on Saturday. Benfield won 1-0 with a screamer from Dale Pearson. Finally got home about 8.30pm absolutely legless after about 9 pints in the club house afterwards. They play Workington at home, who are 2 leagues above Benfield, in the next round a week on Saturday.

Blyth AFC of the Northern League have ceased to be.

NS lost to them a few weeks ago. They took most of NS better players. No tears off NS or their support.

Did they used to be Blyth Town? Barry Elliott was involved with them - local shithouse in Blyth (was involved with UKIP) Everything he touches turns to shite. Don't ask him how many times he's been made bankrupt, or he will have his solicitors on to you! :D

Blyth AFC of the Northern League have ceased to be.

NS lost to them a few weeks ago. They took most of NS better players. No tears off NS or their support.

Did they used to be Blyth Town? Barry Elliott was involved with them - local shithouse in Blyth (was involved with UKIP) Everything he touches turns to shite. Don't ask him how many times he's been made bankrupt, or he will have his solicitors on to you! :D

I think so aye, they ended up having to ground share at Ashington.

Shields were trying to sign coppen from Morpeth and while our useless bastard of s chairman stuttered he jumped in and paid £1500 for him.

Hope shields get him and Dan Wilson back.