Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Blyth as good as up, won 1-0.

Just about to post this. Fantastic stuff.

York lost today so looking like they might be playing each other again.

They must be due to coin it in next season.

Darloids, Stockport, FC United and potentially York likely to bring a fair crowd up.

Could be an interesting season with those mentioned above... and potentially spennymoor in the league with them too!

Blyth as good as up, won 1-0.

Just about to post this. Fantastic stuff.

York lost today so looking like they might be playing each other again.

They must be due to coin it in next season.

Darloids, Stockport, FC United and potentially York likely to bring a fair crowd up.

Could be an interesting season with those mentioned above... and potentially spennymoor in the league with them too!

:thup:

West Allotment Celtic resign from league

West Allotment Celtic has formally tended the club's resignation from the Ebac Northern League.

A letter was sent to the league to meet the deadline of March 31, by which date clubs have to inform the league about next season.

The move comes after the club was facing an increase in rent by the Northumberland FA for the use of the Whitley Park ground from £4,500 to £7,500.

Club secretary Ted Ilderton said: “It’s a disaster. We just can’t

afford that increase. At the moment it looks as though we are going to go, unless we can come to some arrangement. We are still prepared to sit down and talk to them. We would like it to be resolved between us and the county FA.”

He said the club was not prepared to move to the Northern Alliance and other local Northern League clubs were not in a position to help with ground share arrangements.

:(

Hope this gets sorted. It reads to me that they are trying to put pressure on the Northumberland FA to play ball. Surely if it is just ground rental as an issue that could be fairly easily resolved by ground sharing with Whitley Bay (like they have in the past) or even Team Northumbria on Coach Lane whose pitch is about 350 meters (as the crow flies) from Whitley Park/Blue flames.

A win on Saturday will see Blyth up. Anyone at a loose end on Saturday should rock up, the place will be bouncing.

It also happens Sat is  5 years to the day since they went down

West Allotment Celtic has formally tended the club's resignation from the Ebac Northern League.

A letter was sent to the league to meet the deadline of March 31, by which date clubs have to inform the league about next season.

The move comes after the club was facing an increase in rent by the Northumberland FA for the use of the Whitley Park ground from £4,500 to £7,500.

afford that increase. At the moment it looks as though we are going to go, unless we can come to some arrangement. We are still prepared to sit down and talk to them. We would like it to be resolved between us and the county FA.”

He said the club was not prepared to move to the Northern Alliance and other local Northern League clubs were not in a position to help with ground share arrangements.

Hope this gets sorted. It reads to me that they are trying to put pressure on the Northumberland FA to play ball. Surely if it is just ground rental as an issue that could be fairly easily resolved by ground sharing with Whitley Bay (like they have in the past) or even Team Northumbria on Coach Lane whose pitch is about 350 meters (as the crow flies) from Whitley Park/Blue flames.

Chairman was on Radio Newcastle before - he said there had been no offers of ground-sharing forthcoming.

My friend who's a South Shields fan reckon they are taking around 15000 to Wembley. Excellent.

All w@nkers.

Sorry. Still bitter

One thing for sure, it's about 14,980 more than used to watch them a few seasons ago when they really did need support.

Chairman was on Radio Newcastle before - he said there had been no offers of ground-sharing forthcoming.

Curious that, would have thought likes of Whitley Bay and North Shields would welcome additional income. Team North might not need it because of the uni. As I said though, hope it gets sorted as would be a travesty to see 90 years of history go pop.

Maybe they should ask the council if they can play on that nice new football facility they have built at Hillheads that never gets used.

Having thought about it, a likely scenario is they may be tied into a lease without a break clause with an upward only rent review if it has been agreed like a commercial lease. Otherwise I'm certain they would have other options. I think its just a ploy to get the Northumberland FA to be more reasonable. I'll bet if a rent review is due the FA will have appointed a surveyor and written to the club citing comparables and justifying the stated increase. West Allotment (probably not represented) have pressed the nuclear button to create bad publicity for the Northumberland FA in the hope they will lower their demands.

The Foxhunters Pavilion is a good shout though and nearer West Allotment. Surely a cheaper option as well which is probably why my scenario of being tied into a lease is likely.

Guest reefatoon

My brother-in-law has been called up to start for the first team for Whitley Bay this weekend. 17 year old keeper. Good on the lad.

A few South Shields fans I know reckon that many of them have got home end tickets for tomorrow so I definitely think that it'll be a bit lively!

Is there such a thing as the 'home end' at the morgue? They might have got tickets that were sold by North Shields (South Shields would have been given some to sell) and I'm sure they will congregate in one area but there is no segregation as far as I'm aware.

This time tomorrow I anticipate a riot!

A few South Shields fans I know reckon that many of them have got home end tickets for tomorrow so I definitely think that it'll be a bit lively!

There is no home and away ends in the Northern League. Stand where you want.

There is no home and away ends in the Northern League. Stand where you want.

Ha ha aye I thought it was odd but the lad who told me thinks they have an allocated area of 400!

Guest reefatoon

Whitley Bay won 4-0 today, with my brother-in-law keeping a clean sheet on his debut. Well proud of the lad.

Terrific news for Blyth - they have had a wonderful season, after the disappointment of the last campaign (finishing 2nd to Darlington, on 99 points and not going up) They will defo be in FM18 later in the year. :)

I also see South Shields have won promotion to the NPL division 1. I wish them well.