Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

As a Morpeth fan was at the game yesterday. Absolutely fuming. Just as our player wheeled away to celebrate 4th goal lights go out. Absolute joke. If we have to replay that at 11 v 11 it will be disgusting. South Shields fans whinging about ref sending off Arca for grabbing our go around throat and throwing him to the ground!!! Lucky it was a second yellow and not straight red.

Wednesday night I think - should be lively!

As a Morpeth fan was at the game yesterday. Absolutely fuming. Just as our player wheeled away to celebrate 4th goal lights go out. Absolute joke. If we have to replay that at 11 v 11 it will be disgusting. South Shields fans whinging about ref sending off Arca for grabbing our go around throat and throwing him to the ground!!! Lucky it was a second yellow and not straight red.

Wednesday night I think - should be lively!

I wonder if the slimey cheating bastards will be able to play the.mackem scruff after his sending off.

That is disgraceful tbh. What are the rules governing the replay - why couldn't they just re-start with the same score/line-ups?

If it's abandoned without the fault of either club (as has been decided) then it's replayed as the same venue. However the FA can, as they did yesterday, order the tie to be switched if they aren't convinced the issue is solved.

Rules may be different across leagues / regional FAs as opposed to national competitions as in this case.

The phrase rules are rules is hard to swallow this morning. Very disappointing doesn't even come close. The FA determined that the floodlight failure was not South Shields fault, you may expect them to have a back up generator, but fair enough I accept it was not deliberate but the timing was very cruel. The FA then determined that the fixture should be concluded this week and following South Shields unsuccessful attempts to fix the lights a decision was made (seemingly by the FA) 5 hours prior to kick off to move the game to Morpeth. I presume Morpeth could not refuse this (given such short notice) and force South Shields to withdraw from the competition. Its just a farce.

South Shields fans are reveling in what is perceived to be Morpeth spitting their dummies out but from what I have seen the club have acted excellently. South Shields fans trying to justify events based on Morpeth refusing to accommodate a postponed fixture last year is also amusing. Seeing as most of their fans decided to follow non-league last year I'm sure they have no idea of the fixture congestion we had because of our pitch taking a hammering from bad weather last year. 9 fixtures in March, 12 fixtures in April would be difficult for NUFC playing 3 games a week, never mind a part time club. 3 times a week! I was at the Northumberland Senior Cup semi at North Shields 2 days after our Vase semi final. Players were running on empty and narrowly got beat.

South Shields for me have shown themselves to lack integrity. From the games I have attended involving them with Morpeth this season, from singing about slitting peoples throats if a certain player doesn't play to a supporter almost offering a fight to an elderly Morpeth fan because he suggested Saint Julio should get off the pitch at the weekend after being sent off instead of arguing forever. I just hope they go up (finishing behind North Shields) and we never see them again.

The phrase rules are rules is hard to swallow this morning. Very disappointing doesn't even come close. The FA determined that the floodlight failure was not South Shields fault, you may expect them to have a back up generator, but fair enough I accept it was not deliberate but the timing was very cruel. The FA then determined that the fixture should be concluded this week and following South Shields unsuccessful attempts to fix the lights a decision was made (seemingly by the FA) 5 hours prior to kick off to move the game to Morpeth. I presume Morpeth could not refuse this (given such short notice) and force South Shields to withdraw from the competition. Its just a farce.

South Shields fans are reveling in what is perceived to be Morpeth spitting their dummies out but from what I have seen the club have acted excellently. South Shields fans trying to justify events based on Morpeth refusing to accommodate a postponed fixture last year is also amusing. Seeing as most of their fans decided to follow non-league last year I'm sure they have no idea of the fixture congestion we had because of our pitch taking a hammering from bad weather last year. 9 fixtures in March, 12 fixtures in April would be difficult for NUFC playing 3 games a week, never mind a part time club. 3 times a week! I was at the Northumberland Senior Cup semi at North Shields 2 days after our Vase semi final. Players were running on empty and narrowly got beat.

South Shields for me have shown themselves to lack integrity. From the games I have attended involving them with Morpeth this season, from singing about slitting peoples throats if a certain player doesn't play to a supporter almost offering a fight to an elderly Morpeth fan because he suggested Saint Julio should get off the pitch at the weekend after being sent off instead of arguing forever. I just hope they go up (finishing behind North Shields) and we never see them again.

Considering the amount of money they throw around to attract players at this level, you'd think regularly servicing their generator wouldn't have been too big an issue ?

Most people will be glad to see the back of them once they've bought their way out of the league, which is a shame because they were a decent bunch before the sugar daddies came in.

Considering the amount of money they throw around to attract players at this level, you'd think regularly servicing their generator wouldn't have been too big an issue ?

Most people will be glad to see the back of them once they've bought their way out of the league, which is a shame because they were a decent bunch before the sugar daddies came in.

You would, especially given that their owner has made his money (Utlitywise) by supplying energy. Even at the fixture up at Craik Park earlier in the season there was a seasoned old boy South Shields fan apologising for the idiots, who unfortunately were in the majority. Shame but once they have gone up, good riddance.

South Shields have had numerous floodlight failures in recent times. When I was there to watch v North Shields there was a major power outage. Got away with it coz it was light enough to complete but bars and tuck shop etc were powerless throughout.

They have over the last two three seasons had a fair few abandoments and ajor delays for floodlight failure. So, how the FA can suggest it was no-ones fault is fucking amazing.

As has been suggested they are chucking money at the players wages and developing the club house / 4g pitches but spend fuck all on a continuing and on-going problem.

Be glad when they finish 2nd to North Shields and fuck off away from this league. 

Great news, Jack Devlin signed pro contract for Stoke. Not good enough to get a game for North Shields and moved to Benfield.

Just shows what having your own agent can do for you.

Or how inexact the judgements are which determine the shape of a player's career. Makes you wonder how many get binned/give-up, who really were just never seen by the right person. Or had someone believe in them enough.  Liverpool scouts not fancying Van Diyk, is a less 'final' example.