Author Topic: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0  (Read 320605 times)

Cf (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
Re: UK Politics: The Tory Years 2.0
« Reply #9750 on: Tuesday 13 February 2018, 01:59:25 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43037899

Again Amber Rudd being in completely out of depth shock.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #9751 on: Tuesday 13 February 2018, 04:15:03 pm »

People don't really believe this nonsense, do they?
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #9752 on: Tuesday 13 February 2018, 05:21:30 pm »
People believe the Earth is flat.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • #votekaka2018
« Reply #9753 on: Tuesday 13 February 2018, 05:46:36 pm »
Middle class types with money failing to grasp not every one who is middle class with money absolutely despises the ne'er do well proles or those trying to steal a penny through tax is a constant source of smirk for me.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9754 on: Tuesday 13 February 2018, 06:14:00 pm »

f***ing love Rachel Shabi. :smitten:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #9755 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 07:36:58 am »

f***ing love Rachel Shabi. :smitten:

Isn't that the article where she quotes 'There is lots of available social housing'
This is a woman who loves in London and thinks it's awash with free social housing.
Apparently in her borough, the waiting list is 13,000.

The Tories...

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9756 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 08:48:29 am »
Pretty sure she never said any of that.

EDIT: Apologies, KK, you must have meant the Rachel Sylvester piece that the clip originally started on. :thup:
« Last Edit: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 10:19:33 am by BlufPurdi »

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #9757 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 09:13:05 am »
To at least one of the blokes in that video. Gentrification doesn't mean what you think it means.
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9758 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 10:20:08 am »
It's quite funny seeing them try and reframe it as a "modernisation" technique. 

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #9759 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 02:08:05 pm »
Pretty sure she never said any of that.

EDIT: Apologies, KK, you must have meant the Rachel Sylvester piece that the clip originally started on. :thup:

Yes, sorry didn't make that clear.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9760 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 03:18:38 pm »

The rule of thumb does not acknowledge this death.   

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #9761 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 04:00:44 pm »
The entrance to the houses of parliament should be a homeless shelter.

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #9762 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 05:12:54 pm »
It's another significant downside of Brexit that very little else is being talked about, while things like this are going on:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/14/tory-disabled-people-contractors-benefits

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #9763 on: Wednesday 14 February 2018, 05:46:27 pm »
It's another significant downside of Brexit that very little else is being talked about, while things like this are going on:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/feb/14/tory-disabled-people-contractors-benefits

Just like all of their policies.

Failing education? It's easier to oppress the uneducated.

Failing Police and security? Lot's of money to be maid from increase in demand for insurance.

Failing NHS? We know all about that one.

Failing to negotiate a deal with the EU that the electorate will find acceptable enough to acytually go through with "brexit"? They don't want to leave the EU.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #9764 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 09:06:14 am »
Front page of the Sun has Corbyn pegged as a communist spy.
Their source is some Russian blokes documents from the cold war. Of course Corbyn had no idea the person he was talking to was a Russian intelligence agent and no significant information was gained but I wonder where this "source" came from? Is this the Russians meddling in our politics again?
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #9765 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 09:08:38 am »
See there's a new hatchet piece being done by The S*n. Painting Corbyn as a traitor for unknowingly speaking to a Czech spy 32 years ago about how passionate he is about human rights and peace. The way it's being dressed up you'd think he was knowingly handing over top secret document's.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #9766 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 09:15:52 am »
Their source is some Russian blokes documents from the cold war. Of course Corbyn had no idea the person he was talking to was a Russian intelligence agent and no significant information was gained but I wonder where this "source" came from? Is this the Russians meddling in our politics again?

If the Russian's were to interfere you'd think they would target the Tories on assumption Corbyn is less hostile and militarised if in power. Then again maybe they see us weaker long term if dragging ourselves around in the austerity laden gutter the Tories will keep us under for decades if in power.

I'm guessing this is purely the Sun attacking Corbyn to keep heat off the Tories.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #9767 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 12:50:42 pm »

If the Russian's were to interfere you'd think they would target the Tories on assumption Corbyn is less hostile and militarised if in power. Then again maybe they see us weaker long term if dragging ourselves around in the austerity laden gutter the Tories will keep us under for decades if in power.

I'm guessing this is purely the Sun attacking Corbyn to keep heat off the Tories.

I don't believe for one second that you're guessing.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9768 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 01:18:25 pm »
If he was a Russian spy he'd have been dealt with 20-30 years ago.  No story here, what a load of s****.  The people that are meant to believe it, will believe it, though.  That's all that matters, deepen the divisions. 

They can't chip away at his popularity, because they'd need to be pro-Remain to do that.  So, just make it even harder for anyone on their side to ever contemplate going with Corbyn.  Terrorists, Russians, hates jews.  It's all a f***ing ploy to make some mud stick and disgust just enough people to stop him getting more popular.  It works as well.  We all know someone that just 'can't vote for him' and I'd put money on it being one of these three, perhaps that he's simply a commie b****** as well.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #9769 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 01:46:38 pm »

Normally can't stand the bloke, but pished myself when he screamed s*** at the end. :blush:

He's right about the whole fake news.  Where's the outrage going to be from Terry about the Russian spy nonsense?  I mean, she'll know fine well that's not true, they're just buttering things up to use Trump tactics on him before the next election. 

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #9770 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 01:55:41 pm »
Is anyone at all concerned about communism in 2018? I doubt most people know what it means.

Online Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #9771 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 02:00:24 pm »
With a lot of people it's surely just a soundbite that they've heard and are repeating without having a clue what anything even means. The whole 'Liberals' insult from British people is probably the best example I can think of where they're clearly just repeating something that they've heard or read from the U.S and stupidly think that that applies over here too.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #9772 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 02:07:51 pm »
With a lot of people it's surely just a soundbite that they've heard and are repeating without having a clue what anything even means. The whole 'Liberals' insult from British people is probably the best example I can think of where they're clearly just repeating something that they've heard or read from the U.S and stupidly think that that applies over here too.

I know. They're not even the same colour/color.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #9773 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 02:09:51 pm »
Is anyone at all concerned about communism in 2018? I doubt most people know what it means.

Corbyn is true left, therefore to demonise him he is accused of being a commie b******, which he isn't. He just seeks a redistribution of wealth towards the bottom end of society.

Edit: Its also equally damaging when people from the left call all people on the right racists and bigots.

« Last Edit: Thursday 15 February 2018, 02:26:04 pm by Northerngimp »

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #9774 on: Thursday 15 February 2018, 02:34:41 pm »

People who use Liberal as an insult in the US generally don’t understand much either tbh.