Adam Armstrong

Guest palnese

Can't be arsed to check but I'm pretty sure at Armstrong's age Jamie Vardy was making it in non-league football. Not comparing them, but maybe Vardy would have struggled in the championship at that time and might have been completely overlooked.

Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy and Danny Drinkwater were all on the bench in that mad playoff game against Watford

:lol: wasn't it Knockaert who missed the penalty and Deeney blasted in the winner?

Aye, think Knockaert had dived to win the penalty as well :lol:

Can't be arsed to check but I'm pretty sure at Armstrong's age Jamie Vardy was making it in non-league football. Not comparing them, but maybe Vardy would have struggled in the championship at that time and might have been completely overlooked.

Harry Kane, Jamie Vardy and Danny Drinkwater were all on the bench in that mad playoff game against Watford

:lol: wasn't it Knockaert who missed the penalty and Deeney blasted in the winner?

Aye, think Knockaert had dived to win the penalty as well :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/22512064

:lol:

On Armstrong, I think he's talented from what I've seen but with less 442 being played these days, short strikers have to be unbelievable to make it or they'll get shunted out to the wing. Should have a good career in League 1/Championship even if he doesn't make it in the PL

Vardy was aboot 26.

Guest Howaythetoon

Blackburn/league two is about his level.

But he's scoring goals quite comfortably, so why would League 2 be his level? ???

I meant league one sorry. The Championship I feel is a level just too high for him. Hope I’m proven wrong, either way though, he will never be PL class.

Not sure which Championship teams would be able to make him a guaranteed starter though especially now based on his record so far in that division. He's played for two teams with pretty weak squads in that division and he's not going to start in any teams that have strong squads.

He played quite regularly for Barnsley but went long periods without scoring

He hasn't really got a fair crack of the whip in the championship yet IMO. Wasn't a guaranteed starter at Barnsley and was played on the wing for Bolton

He might do a Danny Graham. Drop down the leagues first for regular football before working his way back up.

But the fact clubs like Bolton & Barnsley couldn't play him regularly in his preferred role suggests he's not Championship quality yet.

On Armstrong, I think he's talented from what I've seen but with less 442 being played these days, short strikers have to be unbelievable to make it or they'll get shunted out to the wing. Should have a good career in League 1/Championship even if he doesn't make it in the PL

:thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Never gonna make it, get rid, should be scoring easily for a Chmapionship club already, doesn't make a difference if he's scored 40 more league goals than Kane at his age, should have scored buckets for Barnsley and Bolton if he got 20 for Coventry, getting 20 for Coventry is easy even Shola could have done it, doesn't fit Rafa's system, he's a jawdie so everyone thinks he's better than he is.

Hawk is mocking the people who weirdly seem overly keen to write off one of our young talents.  I haven’t got an opinion either way at the minute, it’s still to early to tell how good he can be as far as i’m concerned.

:thup: People love to be able to say I told ya so

I think that's about as fair as it gets atm. :thup:

Hawk is mocking the people who weirdly seem overly keen to write off one of our young talents.  I haven’t got an opinion either way at the minute, it’s still to early to tell how good he can be as far as i’m concerned.

:thup: People love to be able to say I told ya so

Aye that’s it like.

Never gonna make it, get rid, should be scoring easily for a Chmapionship club already, doesn't make a difference if he's scored 40 more league goals than Kane at his age, should have scored buckets for Barnsley and Bolton if he got 20 for Coventry, getting 20 for Coventry is easy even Shola could have done it, doesn't fit Rafa's system, he's a jawdie so everyone thinks he's better than he is.

bollocks, scoring goals in and out of a newly promoted team is the most difficult time to score goals. He hasn't managed the step up for the chapmpionship yet. If he gets promoted with Blackburn, hopefully they'll want him again for next season and we can see how he does in a championship club which knows him and has more trust in him. Too early to get rid, what do we lose by keeping him on for a couple of seasons to see if he improves.