Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Just the thought of some of the dribbling twats off of here being given access to power tooling or even a fucking screwdriver scares the shit out of me TBH

:lol: :lol:

Trying to rebuild relationship with fans is in a way really positive in a way but trying to run them on a shoestring with community help isn't going to be financially viable, unless they move to a tiny stadium and drop further down the leagues.

the Don may be hilarious small time chancer but I wish we at least had an owner who was interested at all tbh

Ashley started in much the same vein with Mort the slick Charlie to his Don.

It will eventually turn very sour. At best they're going to end up stuck in the middle of the Championship without the funds to challenge for promotion.

It had been believed that Spanish backing was prominent in the initial discussions about a deal and Donald confirmed that was largely true.

He said: "One of the guys is Spanish that I would look to … well, he’s not Spanish, but he lives … he’s got a Spanish connection, so I suppose that’s where that comes from. You know what it’s like in this scenario.

What?? :lol: :lol:

So the big Spanish investment was some one who knows someone with a Spanish passport :lol:

They’re at that stage where they all want it to happen so badly that the only reason for posting about it is purely to convince each other that it definitely WILL work purely because they WANT it to. No negative thoughts are allowed, no critical thinking, no one is allowed to doubt or even question the new regime. That way that can just automatically assume the best possible scenario is the one that’s about to transpire.

Let the cunts get on with it. It’ll be even funnier if/when it comes crumbling down.

I think it has the potential to be very good for them. A clean slate with the debt position is obviously good news whichever way you look at it and effectively means Short has written off some 200m he invested over the years to have them punching over their weight and enjoy 10 years in the bottom half of the Premier League. If the new owners somehow manage to offload their high earners, getting whatever transfer fees they can get for the likes of Khazri, Ndong, etc. to pay off the running high end contracts and build a team off their youngsters and a couple of freebies/cheap additions capable of challenging for the league one title whilst not incurring more costs than they get in they could be in a much better position in twelve months time, back in the Championship with a cheap squad and primed for another takeover or some other investor getting onboard, which is what their new owners will be banking on.

If they fail to get back up on the first attempt and/or get their finances in order really quickly they're headed for administration. Their new owners are basically playing high stakes poker with their club's future.

Guest Howaythetoon

They are even turning on ex players like mickey gray and lee howay coz they voiced concerns about it

Previously considered legends of their club :lol: To be fair Gray was a good player and a top player for them, but we’ve had better in the likes of Domi.

Their forum is increasingly becoming like RAWK when it comes to the delusion and self praise.

Again people saying they will piss that league, I think they are in for a huge culture shock. It all hinges on who they appoint as manager even more than on the players they sign. Mick Mac would be a great appointment. Coleman, however... that would be stupid.

They can ill afford to stay down there for another season, especially the new owner.

Even if they go up, I can’t see them disgracing the PL for a long long time, too much money needed to make it out of there and the competition is just getting tougher with every season. Apart from Warnock the regular names have struggled and it’s a newer breed like the Wolves manager, maybe the Fulham manager, Hughton and Wanger the season before. All of whom have spent a lot of money comparatively.

They neeeded someone who could wipe out the debt and pump lots in. Short has kind of reduced the debt, but the new guy looks like he doesn’t have a pot to piss in.

Rodwelll is probably worth more than the Don :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

I think it has the potential to be very good for them. A clean slate with the debt position is obviously good news whichever way you look at it and effectively means Short has written off some 200m he invested over the years to have them punching over their weight and enjoy 10 years in the bottom half of the Premier League. If the new owners somehow manage to offload their high earners, getting whatever transfer fees they can get for the likes of Khazri, Ndong, etc. to pay off the running high end contracts and build a team off their youngsters and a couple of freebies/cheap additions capable of challenging for the league one title whilst not incurring more costs than they get in they could be in a much better position in twelve months time, back in the Championship with a cheap squad and primed for another takeover or some other investor getting onboard, which is what their new owners will be banking on.

If they fail to get back up on the first attempt and/or get their finances in order really quickly they're headed for administration. Their new owners are basically playing high stakes poker with their club's future.

From a business perspective they need to stem their losses and cut their cloth accordingly. They basically, as I’ve said before, have to operate now as a League lane club in terms of player wages, staff numbers and everything else. Being the biggest club in that division by far should allow them to bring in better players and a better manager than most, but if I’m an agent I will be thinking £££ given its Sunderland so it’s a tricky one. Their best bet might be the loan market, it wouldn’t happen, but Armstrong from us would score the goals to fire them to the Championship.

The hard part, however, is what happens if they do go up because I can’t see any investor wanting to spunk away millions on the off chance of their money helping the club get back into the PL. Short should be pinned to every desk of any would be football investor because he has proved just how expensive owning a club is and he has tried to do things the right way by investing, by trying to stay in the PL and the gravy train that it has become.

I can see the Don reaching out to local investors at some point to invest and get shares or a percentage of the ownership in a group effort to get back to the Premier League, it can be done and doesn’t have to cost tens and tens of millions. But they will be swimming with hands tied behind their back kind of.

It’s a sad state of affairs really that a club of their size probably needs a sugar daddy, clubs of any size even, but that’s the modern game.

If they truly have no debt, which I don’t believe for one minute. Clearing all the big earners and dead wood and getting 20k + gates will give them some kind of platform for a spell in the Championship if they go up, but they will need much more to get out of it and back into the PL because every club that comes down from the PL will have parachute payments and perhaps wealthy owners or saleable assets to reinvest.

We were so lucky with Hughton and Rafa taking us back up first time of asking and as much as I hate Ashley, I don’t think he would ever allow the club to run up huge debts to external parties. NUFC fans deserve huge credit too for putting their money into the club enough to make sure there is enough money to make the club variable and semi competitive, the mackems on that front haven’t turned up really and have helped condemn their club in ways.

Guest Howaythetoon

if they don't go up first time can you imagine it  :lol:

It’s imperative that they do, for the new owner probably more than the club itself. And the fans of course who I don’t think would ‘support’ another year in that division. Huge pressure for them next season as they will be a hue scalp for the others and if they field a team of youngsters and/or older journeymen, they will get roughed up and out fought. It’s not an easy league. They need to start the season on fire basically. Again it’s all down to who they appoint as manager. They need someone tough, someone who won’t take shit, who can galvanise players and make them into a team that works for each other and who won’t be deterred by a mid-week away game at Accrington Stanley. Mic Mac would be a good fit, I know he wasn’t exactly great for them other than when he took them up, but he knows the club, knows how to get a misfit group together to play together and in that league, he’d be akin to Rafa in the Championship, the top dog if you like. Coleman couldn’t keep them up in the Championship and I think as a manager he’s a busted flush these days. They could appoint an up and coming manager or someone foreign maybe, but they need some know how, someone hard nosed really. I think Pearson would be a good shout, but he could rile players up the wrong way and could clash with the Don ha ha. Again I feel sorry for the few genuine mackem mates I have, they are not bothered about the prospect of League One so much, but about the next 5 years or so under these new lot who basically, have zero experience of managing a big club and they are doing it without any money and from the bottom really fro Sunderland anyway. All the bravado and saying the right words in the world won’t make a difference if they are unable to appoint the right man, bring in the right players and get them out if that division. I’d wager with any mackem 500 quid to go towards the Sir Bobby Foundation or Bradley Lowery trust that they will still be a League One club in a year’s time. I’d offer my mates that kind of bet, but it could be like taking candy from a bairn and they’ve suffered enough.

They are even turning on ex players like mickey gray and lee howay coz they voiced concerns about it

Mucky Gray is despised for working for the mainstream media and not conforming to the Brexit sportswear uniform.

TBF, they've been in a state of constant misery for 2 years (you can probably back that up through their entire PL life too which was far from fun times) so they are desperate to cling onto any hope that things will change. Honestly I can't knock them for that. However it may come crashing down on them soon enough, I do think though that next season they will be still in the love boat with the new owner and winning every week will help that. Next season back in the champo is the key one, if he can convince someone stupid and rich enough to join him they may still have a football club, if not they are royally screwed.

When does the point come when they have to close down parts of the stadium? They're embarrassing themselves at the moment, and surely they'd be better off forcing everyone closer together anyway?

They could even bring the red seats down from under cover to replace the pink ones by the pitch.

When does the point come when they have to close down parts of the stadium? They're embarrassing themselves at the moment, and surely they'd be better off forcing everyone closer together anyway?

They could even bring the red seats down from under cover to replace the pink ones by the pitch.

Already been announced for next season.

Already been announced for next season.

Bungalow of Light marra.