Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

Love him to bits, but one thing that worries me about him is his giving away of cheap freekicks near the edge of the box. We've already conceded a goal or two this season from his cheap fouls. I hope he cuts this aspect out. But aside from that small issue, he's been brilliant.

Love him to bits, but one thing that worries me about him is his giving away of cheap freekicks near the edge of the box. We've already conceded a goal or two this season from his cheap fouls. I hope he cuts this aspect out. But aside from that small issue, he's been brilliant.

It's unlikely he'll take that out of his game at the age of 29.

You would think it's downhill from here :lol:

• 2 months later...

It's crackers to think that this lad was arguably our best player of the first half of the season and he can't currently get a look in!

Very true. Although even though he's not making the squad I still reckon he's first choice for that central position in the back three if something were to happen to Lascelles.

The thing is, just his presence in the squad/training is valuable as Lascelles knows Rafa wouldn’t hesitate to drop him if his form dipped, therefore I would argue Lascelles upturn in form is in part due to the presence of the more than conpotent Fernandez ready to step in.

Does feel harsh on Fede but this is what happens when you actually have a squad and being the pro he is he’ll know that all too well.

• 8 months later...

What a fantastic signing he has proved to be, we've got some really good CB's in the side which is quite unusual seeing how we went through decades with the likes of Boumsong, Bramble and so on.

Saying that I dont think we have Centre Backs good enough to go to 4 at the back.....or full backs for that matter.