Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

My Stoke supporting friend told me the other day that he didn't rate Ritchie at all, gonna meet him this week and ask him if he still thinks that :) 2 more assists today, is it 4 out of the 6 goals this season, he's assisted on ?

He's been literally world class so far, had no idea how good he'd be for us when he first signed. The quality off his left foot and his never ending tenacity is so effective. Wouldn't like out of place in a high pressing team of far higher stature than ours tbh.

i like him, but it's strange he has almost no qualities as a winger. No pace, can't beat a man, his crossing is pretty average

Really wouldn't mind an upgrade on Ritchie. Not a top player at this level IMO.

http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Screen-Shot-2017-04-02-at-22.46.39.png

People actually wanted us to replace Ritchie? He was the one player I knew would be able to make the step up, mainly as he was excellent for Bournemouth the season before he joined us.

Without wanting to sound like a smug cunt i was the same, he's been my favourite player since early last season.  Even when he doesn't have the best of games you know you'll get the effort and passion. Very important for a team like us.

People actually wanted us to replace Ritchie? He was the one player I knew would be able to make the step up, mainly as he was excellent for Bournemouth the season before he joined us.

People were in a rush to write off almost every one of our players 2 games in tbf.