Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Guest firetotheworks

I thought Shelvey was just his usual self tbh, plenty of good raking passes and on the ball loads. I suppose we're probably just used to him being like that.

Saw a piece from a Brighton fan who thought Shelvey bossed the game too. I never noticed him tbh.

I'm not even a massive Shelvey fan, but if everyone protected the ball like he does, I think our passing would be 100% better.

Guest firetotheworks

It just goes to show how everyone views things differently. I thought Ritchie was comfortably head and shoulders above everyone against Brighton and that Atsu was shite apart from his touch for the second goal.

can't comprehend this though i agree ritchie was excellent

Likewise but the other way around. Missed a sitter, constantly walked into players and got tackled, that chop back he tried on the break :anguish: , he gets no credit for Diame's goal along with Diame :lol: , but the touch from Ritchie's pass was sublime like, no doubt about that.

As an aside, the player that really stood out for me for Brighton was Tomori at left back, the amount of interceptions and duels him won was really impressive. 

It just goes to show how everyone views things differently. I thought Ritchie was comfortably head and shoulders above everyone against Brighton and that Atsu was shite apart from his touch for the second goal.

Likewise but the other way around. Missed a sitter, constantly walked into players and got tackled, that chop back he tried on the break :anguish: , he gets no credit for Diame's goal along with Diame :lol: , but the touch from Ritchie's pass was sublime like, no doubt about that.

As an aside, the player that really stood out for me for Brighton was Tomori at left back, the amount of interceptions and duels him won was really impressive.

atsu owned him in the first half however long he was on, second half he'd obviously been told to press high on atsu and hit the ball before he got it to feet and he shut atsu down very well tbh

Guest firetotheworks

atsu owned him in the first half however long he was on, second half he'd obviously been told to press high on atsu and hit the ball before he got it to feet and he shut atsu down very well tbh

I can't say I noticed Atsu doing anything decent in the first half aside from that dummy through to Yedlin tbh.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can't say I noticed Atsu doing anything decent in the first half aside from that dummy through to Yedlin tbh.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

constantly ran at his man and skinned Tomori a few times when he first came on iirc, didn't produce but hey ho that's what you get with that type of player i guess as greg says

Atsu will keep defenders honest just with his pace alone, it means the opposition can't push up too much because he'll exploit the space in behind. That is Ritchie's only real weakness, he's a clever player, but he needs someone like Yedlin to overlap to get the best out of him because he lacks pace to frighten defences.

Shelvey did´nt put a pass wrong, but we didn´t think he did much becuase brighton pressed us so high up the pitch. The defenders were shi* scared to bring the ball out so shelvey dropped in to the defensive line every time, which meant his passes were limited...

Ritchie had a bit of a bad patch a few games back but he has been excellent the last few.

I also thought Atsu was pretty rubbish until the last twenty minutes, upgrade on Gouff or whoever tho

Guest firetotheworks

It's not often that I'm a big fan of grafters, but he's a grafter and he's got the craft in his game as well. Love him tbh.

It's not often that I'm a big fan of grafters, but he's a grafter and he's got the craft in his game as well. Love him tbh.

:thup: Never gives up, fights for everything. But so much quality to go with it. Love him.

He has really stepped up recently. Think he had a poor middle of the season after initially being impressed. Like KI says, he's a grafter and I actually really appreciate it.

I think as long as you work hard in addition to talent, it's one of the best attributes out there. To graft as a replacement for talent is one of my least favourite attributes.

He's one of the few players who I am convinced Rafa will have no doubts about keeping next season when we go up. He'll be a big part of our squad no matter who we bring in, can't pay him a bigger compliment than that. He must be the type of player everyone wants in his team.