Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Guest firetotheworks

Delighted to see this lad starting to score goals. He's starting to do what we signed him to do.

His scoring has been pretty equally spread out. Usually once every 5 games.

Delighted to see this lad starting to score goals. He's starting to do what we signed him to do.

His scoring has been pretty equally spread out. Usually once every 5 games.

And 4 in the last 2 games. Lovely. :)

Guest firetotheworks

Considering he hasn't looked sensational, he's doing very well. A very intelligent player who knows where to be, I've got a lot of time for players like that.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-says-matt-ritchies-12490034?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Benitez feels that Ritchie sets the example to other players and had nothing but high praise for the Scotland international as Newcastle returned to the top of the table.

Benitez said: “We knew we were signing a good player, but at the same time, the way he has approached every game gives the others confidence.

“It is contagious and he gives so much in his game that the others have to follow him.

“That is always positive for the team.”

In an interview with the matchday programme he said: “I’m not very good at biting my tongue. I’ve seen players get some abuse on Twitter and things like that.

“There are fines in place, and I’m a little tight, so I wouldn’t want to be paying fines if I was chewing back on Twitter.

“I wouldn’t say it’s a conscious decision.

“I’ve never been someone for Facebook or anything like that.

“I’ve never been interested in that sort of stuff.

“I don’t miss it because I’ve never had it. It’s just not for me – I’m a very private person.

“I keep myself to myself, and it’s just something that’s never appealed to me.”

We're seeing what he can do now when he's played in front of a proper wing back. I thought him and Yedlin would compliment each other well and that's how it's turning out. I noticed on Saturday he's happy for Yedlin to get beyond him and then he just tucks inside and usually ended up with the ball anyway.

Aye 2 assists from him and 2 goals from Richie suggests a very productive day down our right hand side. Felt a bit sorry for their left back as he was their best player but I don't think there's any full back in this league who could have done any better against those two on Saturday.

Aye 2 assists from him and 2 goals from Richie suggests a very productive day down our right hand side. Felt a bit sorry for their left back as he was their best player but I don't think there's any full back in this league who could have done any better against those two on Saturday.

Meanwhile our left hand side looks like it's had a stroke

Alternatively, Dummett would instantly look better behind a LW who doesn't look to play simple 5 yard passes and come inside because of his own hideous limitations.

We all know Dummett's not good enough to be our starting LB beyond this season but to blame him for the fact we're uncreative from LW is over the top.

We're seeing what he can do now when he's played in front of a proper wing back. I thought him and Yedlin would compliment each other well and that's how it's turning out. I noticed on Saturday he's happy for Yedlin to get beyond him and then he just tucks inside and usually ended up with the ball anyway.

Yep, Yedlin provides the pace which Ritchie lacks to stretch defences, and then Ritchie provides the end product. Great delivery and scores goals.

• 2 weeks later...