Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Guest firetotheworks

It's probably more that I need to refresh my memory, but at the time I thought Enrique was better than Beresford. Defensively 1 on 1 he definitely was, but I'm not sure about the rest anymore.

Bernard at his best was brilliant both going forward and defensively. Injuries, Souness (and other factors) ruined him. Real shame.

Aye. Loved Bernard. Such a great player for us until wanker Sourness flogged him (and most of our other players).

It's probably more that I need to refresh my memory, but at the time I thought Enrique was better than Beresford. Defensively 1 on 1 he definitely was, but I'm not sure about the rest anymore.

Enrique and Bernard were the best two LBs in recent memory for me. Beresford was good, but I always felt he minced around a bit and could have done with being more direct with his running.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

It's hard not be a sarcastic fucking prick in situations like this like.

Similar to the Murphy and Diame situations. We just need Perez to continue like this and eradicate my doubts and pretty much everyone apart from Sels and Colback will have really positively contributed.

5 goals in 3 home games now for this guy :thup:

Coming to terms with playing in front of 52000 fans? That bodes well for the future, could be a big player for us in the Prem (If we get promoted).

We need players who can perform in front of big crowds, week in week out.

Rafa shifted him to a #10 when Murphy came off today for what it's worth

Yeah Joey, I saw that - but just wanted to hear some thoughts on if we could actually see more production out of him as a 10 versus out wide. I liked him there today.

Rafa shifted him to a #10 when Murphy came off today for what it's worth

Yeah Joey, I saw that - but just wanted to hear some thoughts on if we could actually see more production out of him as a 10 versus out wide. I liked him there today.

I think he's more number 10 than Winger. Good first touch and short incisive passing. Good Turn of Pace but not lightning quick. Can move with the ball but not going to beat 2 or 3 men. Drifts around into space a lot.