Ireland Internationals

Decky

Plenty of Irish people on here, may aswell have a world cup thread. Must win game tonight for both teams id say. The republic need to win imo, no Berbatov and we are at home, Bulgaria will probably be the only team to stop us getting into the World Cup so we need to beat them at least once. If we got 10 points clear of them it would be an amazing position, especially with Italy coming up. Goodluck to Northern Ireland aswell, got abit of a tough game tonight but at least its at home. Come on the Irish :D

Who cares about the Nordies, they're shite like. :lol:

Win tonight and we'll have second in the group more or less wrapped up, which means a playoff most likely unless we can pull off a major upset and finish ahead of the Italians.

Not likely tbh, as we've been pretty much wank so far despite the good results and I'd say Italy will win the group out when all is said and done. Hopefully Monetenegro can get something against Italy tonight though.

Though while the performances have been poor, Trappatoni has them well organised at the back though and I'd think over a 2 legged playoff we'd be hard to beat. It's certainly a step up from the dross under Staunton, that's for sure.

Win tonight and we'll have second in the group more or less wrapped up

Thinking that myself. I reckon we could have the Italians at home aswell. The play off worries me, it would be absolutely awful to get that far and not go through :lol:

Win tonight and we'll have second in the group more or less wrapped up

Thinking that myself. I reckon we could have the Italians at home aswell. The play off worries me, it would be absolutely awful to get that far and not go through :lol:

It'd be some atmosphere in what would probably be Croke Park for the playoff game mind you, definitely would have to make my way to that.

We'd probably draw France or some such shite like that.

A win tonight and a draw on Wednesday would make things very, very tasty though.

An Ireland-Scotland playoff for a place in the WC would be pretty fun to watch.

Would be a brilliant fixture for us. Id love Northern Ireland to get into the top 8 2nd placed teams, would love to get them.

Not from a pure footballing perspective it wouldn't. :lol:

I'd take that right now though, reckon we'd take them.

Would be a brilliant fixture for us. Id love Northern Ireland to get into the top 8 2nd placed teams, would love to get them.

Yes, because that's exactly what the situation up north needs right now. :lol:

A win tonight and a draw on Wednesday would make things very, very tasty though.

In terms of competing with Italy that would be perfect. Also a win tonight would cancel out our slip up against Montenegro, what with Italy drawing with Bulgaria and probably winning tonight. Cant wait until these games kick off.

Fuck it, I want to see that fixture at some point in my life :lol:

Fuck it, I want to see that fixture at some point in my life :lol:

Will never forget Alan McLoughlin's goal in the 94 qualifiers, we'd a few neighbours over and the living room was nearly destroyed by the celebrations.

Absolute classic from Boruc!

He getting boo'd because he plays for Celtic? :razz:

Aye. Standard. Celtic players get boo'd v Norn, Rangers players get boo'd v Eire.

Norn Irons home record considering their team is absolutely brilliant. Good on them.

Do Republic fans boo Rangers players? Cant say ive noticed that tbh, people in the Republic dont really care about sectarianism and the complications of Northern Ireland.

Can just remember Eire playing someone or other when Rangers had a few big names a few year back and him getting a bit of a boo. Nowt vociforous or owt like. Might have been Kanchelskis or one of the none Ricksen Dutch lads.

Remember there was some Rangers player who came on against the Republic a few years back in a friendly, got booed a little bit when he was introduced. Wasn't anything bad, just a token sort of booing really. They actually went on the PA and requested that people not boo players because they might play for certain clubs.

Needless to say, every moment the lad touched the ball thereafter there was a massive cheer and round of applause from the crowd.

Was brilliant.