Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

But you won't even vote for the manager, only the president.  At least that's what I understand and that should be how it would work.  If we start voting for everything to do with the team such as the manager or players we sign then it'll be a joke and won't work.

nah thats missing the point, I'm not advocating voting for a manager (as an example), but if el presidente makes a series of decisions that I disagree with, do I have a mechanism to get out of the trust

I think you've got to realise that a democratic approach doesn't mean what you vote for will happen. The fact you had your say is the objective, not the specific outcome.

I mean, the Tories are going to win the next election.

Oranges and Apples.

If you buy a share in something and don't agree with its direction you should be able to pull out of whatever you've bought into.

I don't pay for the right to vote in a General Election so have to take the decision on the chin. Similarly the support for NUFC won't go away because I disagree with the owners direction - otherwise I wouldn't be supporting Ashleys regime at present. Wishing to sell a share in the club because I don't agree with a decision shouldn't be the end of my options, and if I wish to sell then there should be something in place to allow it - whether this is on an open market or back into the club should be the only thing open for debate

I don't know if this will be addressed by the NUST scheme but I can't really see how it can be properly. So if anyone is considering investing but one of their criteria is that they want a liquid investment then the advice has to be don't touch this. On the other hand if they're happy to stick their money in so as to feel they've got a voice and own a part of the club they support then have a look.

I would be very happy and proud of the club and supporters if this pulled through.

I just have to await more info from NUST to see if i can justify to pay a so big chunk of my saving on it.

Hope more people are exited about this, its a way to make the club more unique, and i think it would boost our reputation and support in both UK and around the world.

If this is successful, a lot of other fans will admire and envy us this. 

If you could do that then Id appreciate it, I dont want to appear like an arsey sod but the thought of me having to repeat stuff regularly instead of posters reading the thread is not a good one especially as Im doing this on a number of message boards.

Any help in that way would be appreciated.

What position, if any, do you occupy within NUST? Are you some kind of designated spokesman?

What I'm getting at is whether the various bits of advice and information that you're giving carries any kind of official weight, or whether you're an ordinary member of NUST just giving your own personal perspective.

I hate to be a negative Nelly, but this is never going to happen. I admire the efforts, heaven knows (I'm miserable now) I'm doing bugger all, but I'm convinced of this.

Do you not even have any constructive reasons as to why you think it is 'never going to happen'? What you've done there is an absolute piece of piss, to just say it's bollocks and not give any opinion as to why.

I'm praying it does happen, on so many levels it would be an astonishing coup that could potentially change football as we know it. Though don't ask me how.

At least the southern press couldn't call us deluded anymore, they'd have to doff their caps.. 'fuck me, they've only gone and bought the club.'

And if Moat was trying to buy the club with (mostly) borrowed money, don't want that; what's the point in saddling the club with debt just to get your hands on it?

I hate to be a negative Nelly, but this is never going to happen. I admire the efforts, heaven knows (I'm miserable now) I'm doing bugger all, but I'm convinced of this.

Do you not even have any constructive reasons as to why you think it is 'never going to happen'? What you've done there is an absolute piece of piss, to just say it's bollocks and not give any opinion as to why.

OK, I think the NUST will fall apart due to in-fighting, that there won't be anything like enough money forthcoming to launch a serious bid anyway, and that in the unlikely event of a successful bid that the resulting administration will lack the direction to run a football club.

I don't know this, it's more a gut feeling, and as I said, I'm not criticising the people involved, for me the pint's always half-empty, and it's your round.

I'm praying it does happen, on so many levels it would be an astonishing coup that could potentially change football as we know it. Though don't ask me how.

At least the southern press couldn't call us deluded anymore, they'd have to doff their caps.. 'f*** me, they've only gone and bought the club.'

And if Moat was trying to buy the club with (mostly) borrowed money, don't want that; what's the point in saddling the club with debt just to get your hands on it?

We will reclaim a piece of footballs soul and lead the way for others to follow.

At least the southern press couldn't call us deluded anymore, they'd have to doff their caps.. 'f*** me, they've only gone and bought the club.'

We will reclaim a piece of footballs soul and lead the way for others to follow.

Will we fuck.

The trust will fall apart from infighting. As a forum we can't even agree if Jonas' goal a the weekend was good or not

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Oh come on surely you must know it will never happen. We will never gather enough support or funds for anything meaningful to be achieved.

If you could do that then Id appreciate it, I dont want to appear like an arsey sod but the thought of me having to repeat stuff regularly instead of posters reading the thread is not a good one especially as Im doing this on a number of message boards.

What position, if any, do you occupy within NUST? Are you some kind of designated spokesman?

What I'm getting at is whether the various bits of advice and information that you're giving carries any kind of official weight, or whether you're an ordinary member of NUST just giving your own personal perspective.

Im an original member of the committee, as is Shellshock and Tom_NUFC, both members on here.

Oh come on surely you must know it will never happen. We will never gather enough support or funds for anything meaningful to be achieved.

Not with that attitude, no.

I'm glad there are people willing to try rather than sit and moan like you do.

Well said.

Cant afford it, dont believe its a safe place for your funds, have a kid on the way, been made redundant, your lass says she wants to spend the money on shoes or just plain dont want to do it.

All  of those are good enough reasons not to invest and nobody should ever be looked at any differently because of it but dont just sit back and say "it'll never work because we wont get enough funds" while all the time sitting on your funds, because thats exactly how it wouldnt work.

Im an original member of the committee, as is Shellshock and Tom_NUFC, both members on here.

So can I take it that you're still on the committee, and your statements therefore represent the current views and aims of that committee?

A few years ago there was a survey that suggested that around 50% of UK voters would vote Lib Dem if they believed they stood a chance of getting elected.  As it happens, any party winning 50% of the vote would win a general election in a massive landslide but it won't happen because people don't (or won't) believe that it could happen.

I'm not certain whether or not a supporter's trust buyout can succeed, but I can guarantee that it won't succeed if people simply assume that the plan is doomed from the start.

I can't personally afford £1500 to buy into the plan, but I'm willing to give what I can to help it succeed.  Even if people don't believe right now that it can't work or that £1500 is too much to risk, it's surely worth putting a few ££ into a pot with others to achieve the £1500.

So can I take it that you're still on the committee, and your statements therefore represent the current views and aims of that committee?

Yes I am still on the committee and the details Im giving here are those of the scheme, personal views however are my own not those of the committee.

Yes I am still on the committee and the details Im giving here are those of the scheme, personal views however are my own not those of the committee.

Thank you.

Have to say I was very sceptical about this when some stuff came up couple months ago but reading this thread now and your website has completely turned me around. Best of luck with your efforts and I'll be definitely taking part if a share is purchased by a group of people from here :thup:

I think this has been mentioned here once or twice and Im going to get proper confirmation but where we say on the website that people can donate any amount and we'll bundle them up into totals of £1500 to buy a share then I dont believe we are offering voting rights to those that contributed. I believe that these are plainly and simply a way to let those donate that want to help but are unable to invest themselves.

I'll get proper full confirmation on that but its worth remembering for those that are wondering whether to go down that route or through somewhere such as here.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Valid point, perhaps my attitude isn't perfect- but it will never happen because people don't have enough money to throw round these days. I admire the efforts of those trying but I really doubt anything will happen.

Basically, its being ran in two stages, the first is to raise an amount which is seen as a sensible "proof of intent" then we will sit down with MA, do due diligence and agree a price. We will not be held to ransom over this, what will be paid is a fair price for the club depending on its current financial state etc. You're right though it would be far too easy for us to raise £200m and shout about it just to then have Ashley say "the price is £200m take it or leave it".

If that happened then we'd leave it, buying the club for over the odds would just mean we'd all be screwed in the long term, ideal scenario is we leave the money sitting there until he sees sense but otherwise we hand everyone their money back and give up. All we've lost is 5% of our deposits so on a £1500 investment that would be £7.50.

Thats a gamble Im willing to take.

We raise enough to prove we're serious, talk to him, agree a price, raise that, buy the club and then pull in the rest. Obviously we'll already have an understanding from those that have shown an interest as to just how much in total we will have but nobody other than those directly involved would know that.

Do we REALLY want more people who are bad with numbers running our club?

NUST OUT!

;)

Pure Gold.

:mackems: