Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Howaythetoon

When Pardew let the players play, we did, when he didn’t, it was up to individuals to bail us out in the end it was a mess. That 5th season was the flukiest season we’ve ever had.

When Pardew let the players play, we did, when he didn’t, it was up to individuals to bail us out in the end it was a mess. That 5th season was the flukiest season we’ve ever had.

He tinkered like fuck because he'd read a book or something. Patchy because he has no idea at this level - hence why it was the exception that proves the rule.

Pardew's very streaky as a manager. He can sometimes get a team on to a good thing through motivation, confidence and team spirit. His lack of a plan going forward can be a benefit to someone like HBA if he does a job the other way.

When he had us "front foot" we would often get battered because he can't coach it. Keep it tight at the back, then when we get the ball give it to YoCabs, Ba, HBA, Cisse etc. That's how we won most of our big games. Swansea the best example. Kept it tight and defensive and just killed them with quality and confidence in attack.

Once the confidence goes, Pardew has no idea.

Bruce is a bit of a Pardew in that sense. But I don't see him getting enough confidence in the players and the players don't suit his style. Bruce would do better than SMC mind.

The six wins in a row in the second half of that season with Ba-Cisse-HBA up front was probably the highlight of the Ashley era, despite the fact Pardew was manager. That included an incredible half away to West Brom, Carroll's return to SJP and Enrique in goal, a counter-attacking masterclass away to Swansea, and Ben Arfa's wonderful goal against Bolton. Then we got hammered by Wigan 4-0 and lost 3 out of 4 to finish the season, only saved by Cisse's miraculous goals at Stamford Bridge.

It's been pretty much downhill since then with only a slight blip from Rafa. I just want to care again like I did in 2012 (and before).

Aye that six-game spell was ace. The first third of that season was a lot of fun as well. Ryan Taylor over the wall, two Ba hat-tricks, Sammy's winner at Scunthorpe in the cup, a really good 2-2 draw at home to Spurs when Shola scored a peach. It was great.

That was an outlier of the Ashley era. He's never intended for us to challenge that highly.

I think the worst aspect of the Pardew era was Pardew being the focus of hate. He was doing the job he was intended to do.

SMC's ineptitude was also a distraction.

It was only under Rafa, who attempted to build a sporting organisation that the majority on here properly turned against MA. He's never been interested in sporting success.

Because there is no god, Brewce will probably end up doing what p*rdew did where he fluked 5th, despite a string of awful managerial decisions.

Doubly infuriating because Fat m*ke has given Brewce money to spend, but let Rafa walk.

If there was any justice, they'd get relegated,  but the way things have been going, I can already see the s*** eating grin on fatty's face when Sky Sports are interviewing him and sucking him off because Brewce has got the club into the top half.

No way in a month of Sundays we are finishing 5th again, not unless Joelinton turns out to be far better than his stats would suggest - and if that is the case we will have to eat humble pie and give credit to our scouting team. That season we finished 5th we had a front three of Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa, that would frighten a lot of teams tbh.

I think the pundits are right, survival will be all we are looking for, whether that means finishing 12th or 17th doesn't really matter.

Sorry to be pedantic but I can't let Pardew get away with this. We actually kept a fully fit Ben Arfa on the bench until the second half of the season. Alan preferred Obertan. Later, Sammy Ameobi would render both Frenchmen defunct.

We had some unreal attacking talent nonetheless. The main difference when Ben Arfa was allowed to take part is that in the second half of the season we started to actually play some good football. In fact most of us commented that he had stumbled upon his best line up by default when we got injuries and he had no choice but to play Ben Arfa. :lol:

Because there is no god, Brewce will probably end up doing what p*rdew did where he fluked 5th, despite a string of awful managerial decisions.

Doubly infuriating because Fat m*ke has given Brewce money to spend, but let Rafa walk.

If there was any justice, they'd get relegated,  but the way things have been going, I can already see the s*** eating grin on fatty's face when Sky Sports are interviewing him and sucking him off because Brewce has got the club into the top half.

No way in a month of Sundays we are finishing 5th again, not unless Joelinton turns out to be far better than his stats would suggest - and if that is the case we will have to eat humble pie and give credit to our scouting team. That season we finished 5th we had a front three of Cisse, Ba and Ben Arfa, that would frighten a lot of teams tbh.

I think the pundits are right, survival will be all we are looking for, whether that means finishing 12th or 17th doesn't really matter.

Sorry to be pedantic but I can't let Pardew get away with this. We actually kept a fully fit Ben Arfa on the bench until the second half of the season. Alan preferred Obertan. Later, Sammy Ameobi would render both Frenchmen defunct.

We had some unreal attacking talent nonetheless. The main difference when Ben Arfa was allowed to take part is that in the second half of the season we started to actually play some good football. In fact most of us commented that he had stumbled upon his best line up by default when we got injuries and he had no choice but to play Ben Arfa. :lol:

And what will Bruce stumble across I wonder  :blush:

Just voted 15. With Steve Bruce ffs! as an option could hardly pick another one.

I think this is the first time I have ever voted for relegation at the start of the season. Did he hand Carver his only win in that season when Hull went down?

It's going to be a real shit show. How unsurprising. I wonder how Mike Ashley, Lee Charnley and all their friends in the media will spin it after the fans are proved correct about Steve Bruce being a terrible appointment?

I voted 10 when 10 was the highest option available. The poll should have been reset when someone added numbers up to 15.

Guest chopey

So after the January transfer window Bruce gets sacked and the Ashley does another interview where he says he got it wrong and the next bloke in charge will be a proper manager with full control and the merry go round just keeps turning