Worst ever Newcastle midfielder?

Rob McDonald is above mavis. Pingel gets a pass because he scored against Liverpool even if he didn’t know about it and it went in off the back of his head.

Not mentioned yet, but I reckon this will win - Paul someone or other, Gazza recommended him from Spurs.

Was so shit he looked completely out of place on the pitch. 

Someone please put me out of my misery, It’s doing my head in

Paul Moran. I vote for Rob McDonald. Ronald McDonald with his clown feet would have been more effective.

That’s him!! Fuck me he made McDonald look competent. Easily the winner.

Just realised he only played one game!! And I was there. Fuck me

Already mentioned pages back. Came on against Wolves, looked still pissed from the night before. If memory serves, Gazza took him out in the toon on the Friday night as they were both at Spurs at the time. Never seen a worse cameo in my life, looked like a fan won a competition to play for half an hour in a real game.

Ah sorry, just noticed that!!

Yeah that was the legend, Gazza took him out the night before :lol:

Massively worse than the others being mentioned, had to be seen to be believed.

That was complete embarrassment, next on the list but not a forward was Wayne Fereday

Yeah that was a period towards the end of the Jim Smith era right before Ardiles took over and we were just loaning trash left and right. Dave Mitchell, Tommy Gaynor, that Wilson bloke from Forest (Terry?). No idea who sanctioned loaning Moran, but I think that half hour was all he played for us. Not seen anything worse.

Fereday was a bit different, lightning fast winger who had a couple of decent moments but was generally crap. Recall one game down at Barnsley, he came on as a sub and we were 1-0 down, remember him and Ranson getting pelted with abuse for one period of terrible misplaced passes that had to be seen to be believed. Quinny eventually equalized.

Getting off-track but I also recall a player Darren Bradshaw. One of those hopeless tiny fee players we signed in the Smith era, think he cost 40k from York. He came on as a second half sub at Blackburn, did nothing right at all, and was eventually subbed himself, simply for being hopeless. Don't think I can recall a sub being subbed, except due to injuries.

Getting off-track but I also recall a player Darren Bradshaw. One of those hopeless tiny fee players we signed in the Smith era, think he cost 40k from York. He came on as a second half sub at Blackburn, did nothing right at all, and was eventually subbed himself, simply for being hopeless. Don't think I can recall a sub being subbed, except due to injuries.

I was at that game. What a performance it was. :lol:

I was at that game. What a performance it was. :lol:

Got beat 2-0, literally everyone was shite but him...Jesus wept  :lol:

Everything about that day was crap, got beat, got me sandwiches nicked by Lancashire bizzies. A large percentage of our fans actually hummed the tune to that fucking atrocious song "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega at one point. Jesus Christ, I wanted to do murder that day  :lol:

Everything about that day was crap, got beat, got me sandwiches nicked by Lancashire bizzies. A large percentage of our fans actually hummed the tune to that fucking atrocious song "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega at one point. Jesus Christ, I wanted to do murder that day  :lol:

:lol: I was a shite day all round.

On the bus leaving Blackburn, the local radio guy was going on like they'd just won the champions league with the best performance of all time. :lol:

I don't remember Tom's Diner from that day but i remember it being sung there the following season when we went and won 0-1 to a last minute Steve Howey goal.

On the bus leaving Blackburn, the local radio guy was going on like they'd just won the champions league with the best performance of all time. :lol:

I don't remember Tom's Diner from that day but i remember it being sung there the following season when we went and won 0-1 to a last minute Steve Howey goal.

Ah crap, you're right. I was at both games and mixed them up, knew it happened at Blackburn. Just remember the game being shite and I was totally frustrated by events on the pitch and then about 75% of our fans decided to hum this song. I was fucking livid. I think Liam O'Brien scored in that game with quite literally the very last kick of the game. Utterly terrible game but winning 1-0 with the last kick of an away game was pretty special and funny too. The locals didn't like it much  :lol:

Yeah, the end of the 80’s. Bradshaw  :lol:  Fuck me, thats a list of names  :lol:

I always remember watching Fereday running down the wing from the a paddock v Bournemouth and slowly falling over as he ran.  :lol:

I’m pretty sure if Moran was breath tested he wouldn’t have been able to drive that day, I could’ve done better

Yeah, the end of the 80’s. Bradshaw  :lol:  Fuck me, thats a list of names  :lol:

I always remember watching Fereday running down the wing from the a paddock v Bournemouth and slowly falling over as he ran.  :lol:

I’m pretty sure if Moran was breath tested he wouldn’t have been able to drive that day, I could’ve done better

It was a banner era  :lol:

My abiding memory of Fereday will always be that Barnsley game - 5k away fans watching in disbelief as he tried to work a ham-fisted 1-2 with Ranson and the ball trundled out for a goalkick with us 1-0 down and about 10 minutes left. Cue the entire away end going radge with disgust  :lol:

Liam O'Brien ;-)

And yup - the ditty was sung. I was there. :)

Liam O'Brien ;-)

And yup - the ditty was sung. I was there. :)

Think it was only the second game and I was already sick of that season. 90 minutes of hell saved by one second of inspiration. Seem to remember that we got a corner and Dillon took it, but scuffed it along the ground, everyone groaned then a split second later, O'Brien had lashed it into the top corner. We couldn't even take a corner right that game, Tom's fucking Diner indeed  :lol:

Lion of Gosforth. :thup: It was actually my first ever away game. Have always loved a trip to Ewood, since. :)

Was a canny away day in that era, decent bars nearby, always a big following but mixed results on the pitch to say the least. Went 3 times 89-92 and we were shite each time but still, as a youngun, you enjoyed yourself anyway. Probably saw you with the cone on yer nappa that day  :lol:

Think it was only the second game and I was already sick of that season. 90 minutes of hell saved by one second of inspiration. Seem to remember that we got a corner and Dillon took it, but scuffed it along the ground, everyone groaned then a split second later, O'Brien had lashed it into the top corner. We couldn't even take a corner right that game, Tom's fucking Diner indeed  :lol:

:lol: 

Perfect description of how the game played out.

Lion of Gosforth. :thup: It was actually my first ever away game. Have always loved a trip to Ewood, since. :)

Was a canny away day in that era, decent bars nearby, always a big following but mixed results on the pitch to say the least. Went 3 times 89-92 and we were shite each time but still, as a youngun, you enjoyed yourself anyway. Probably saw you with the cone on yer nappa that day  :lol:

Good job you didn’t try the cone thing at Wolves, my mate tripped over a traffic cone sometime around early 90’s and was arrested by West Midlands finest.

I remember sleeping out for Blackburn FACup tickets in early ‘93. First in the queue and before the game someone decided to climb the old stand when they had taken the roof off at Ewood.

Kevin Dillon :lol: 

:lol: 

Perfect description of how the game played out.

A complete match report in one sentence. Quite literally nothing else happened  :lol:

Dillon, FFS. The late 80's/early 90's Alan Smith. :???: :D

There was one bloke who I ended up standing near in the Gallowgate Corner most home games. Constantly yelled "Dillon, get off!!!", pretty much every time he touched the ball. Was moderately amusing the first time I heard it, but by about March, the novelty had worn off like  :lol:

There was one bloke who I ended up standing near in the Gallowgate Corner most home games. Constantly yelled "Dillon, get off!!!", pretty much every time he touched the ball. Was moderately amusing the first time I heard it, but by about March, the novelty had worn off like  :lol:

Used to stand in the corner during that season - shifted to the Scoreboard after the playoffs v the mackems. I remember 'Kenny Everett' who used to sit in the East Stand and start the signing up there. :)

Used to stand in the corner during that season - shifted to the Scoreboard after the playoffs v the mackems. I remember 'Kenny Everett' who used to sit in the East Stand and start the signing up there. :)

Different times. Loads of characters and memories and about 3 quid to get in  :thup:

Ray Clarke, Billy Rafferty, Frank Pingel & Rob McDonald were different level shitness compared to Joselu. Then you've got some of the nowhere near good enough yound lads that didn't make the grade....Paul Brayson, Anth Lormor and Steve Howey etc, although he made an excellent defender eventually.

Modern days I'd say de Jong, Riviere and Ranger were all far inferior to the Hoss.

Honorable mentions to Kuqi, Smith and Andreas Andersson.

Ray Clarke, Billy Rafferty, Frank Pingel & Rob McDonald were different level shitness compared to Joselu. Then you've got some of the nowhere near good enough yound lads that didn't make the grade....Paul Brayson, Anth Lormor and Steve Howey etc, although he made an excellent defender eventually.

Modern days I'd say de Jong, Riviere and Ranger were all far inferior to the Hoss.

Honorable mentions to Kuqi, Smith and <b>Andreas Andersson.</b>

Andersson was a weird one, I think Shearer even recommended him to Daggers as an ideal strike partner, played for Milan and cost reasonable money for the time (around 3.5m?).

Missed Clarke and Rafferty, before my time. What about Shinton? Wasn't he top scorer one year with about 4?  :lol:

Honorable mentions to Kuqi, Smith and <b>Andreas Andersson.</b>

Andersson was a weird one, I think Shearer even recommended him to Daggers as an ideal strike partner, played for Milan and cost reasonable money for the time (around 3.5m?).

Missed Clarke and Rafferty, before my time. What about Shinton? Wasn't he top scorer one year with about 4?  :lol:

Also scored against the big clubs away too. Weird one. Sure he nearly scored a stunner on his debut.