The Coaching Staff

NUFC

With Carver & Stone gone and Woodman wanted by palace we can hopefully recruit a new coaching staff this summer, McClaren reportedly wants to get this finalised by this Monday (15th).

He wants to bring in a new Assistant but that won't be Carlisle born Paul Simpson, who will probably join as first team coach but I wonder whether Steve Round or Lee Clark may be in the frame?

Eric Steele is a potential replacement as goalkeeping coach, the Newcastle born is highly regarded as a coach and would be a great replacement

Another potential name to the coaching staff is Sports Psychologist Steve Black who left QPR this week, he is also Newcastle born and apparently had a huge affect on QPR when they got promoted.

We could also do with a proper defensive coach, attacking coach and technical coach.

Should be an interesting few weeks

I think Steve Black is more than a potential name given he retweeted this:

@B1ackie Every good wish to you & Steve Mac.Two top lads who I have the greatest of respect for. Always grateful for your help in tough days

Loads of other goodbyes from QPR people too.

Looking forward to seeing the new set up. I'm sure they will all be instantly more likeable than the previous odious tossers.

Just hope they have enough ability to get the best out of a thin squad. Even if we sign 6 players it will be incredibly thin.

Having a people involved who want to and can actually coach will make such a difference. Let's not forget the King used to spend a fair portion of his week swanning about in Surrey rather than working.

Having a people involved who want to and can actually coach will make such a difference. Let's not forget the King used to spend a fair portion of his week swanning about in Surrey rather than working.

It makes your blood boil looking back on the past 6 or 7 years where we've limped along with a skeleton staff mostly made up of unqualified tossers and their mates. Is it any wonder we look so disjointed and don't appear to have any fixed style of play? Clubs in the lower divisions will have had a more professional set up than us.