Joelinton

Stifler

The centre half who he got away from was so bloody slow. My Mrs is quicker than that and she's 74.  He wouldn't get away like that in the Premier league

Well no, we were playing Oxford.

I actually wouldn't mind getting relegated to League 1, might be able to compete.

If he is out for a month it would do him and the club something good

No it wouldn’t. He’s showing signs of improvement. He does need to be rested but there’s a break now so it should do a few of them good. Almiron too who’s been running himself into the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce has just said he’s not a number 9 tbf. Weird he didn’t spot that until just now.

Where do we begin with this :lol: 

Bruce accepted that we would play this season with Andy Carroll and Dwight Gayle as our only 2 out and out strikers.  Muto too I guess.

What a load of shite that first tweet is man :lol: Sums up his tactics in a nutshell - give it to those two and hope something happens, if it doesn't they need to improve - nothing to do with the tactical set up of the team. Almiron and ASM have got no chance of regularly getting goals and assists when they're breaking from their own box and the rest of the team is lagging 30 yards behind them if and when they reach a dangerous position. Our transitional play is the worst I've ever seen from a Newcastle team - up there with the worst I've ever seen at this level full stop. For a team with some decently pacey players on the flanks and at wing-back it's a spectacular achievement how undynamic we are as a unit.

Thought he held onto it quite well on a couple of occasions where he was being hassled by a couple of players. He's clearly got a bit of strength and pace which has contributed to him doing presumably okay in the Bundesliga.

But it's laughable how far off the pace he is, in terms of everything else you need in order to be an effective striker. His positioning is terrible, he does absolutely nothing to help his teammates and he has no instinct at all.

Also need someone from central mid to attack the box through the middle. Bentaleb and longstaff want to sit deep constantly or drop back once they reach the box. Even if Joelinton goes central he will be marked out of the game.

Thought he played well today. He does need to stick central. I wouldnt mind him wandering wide if anyone was going central in his place.