General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

Presumably the Leicester City one will be twice as good as it's costing twice as much-

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/drone-footage-shows-progress-leicester-3412746

It's all very depressing :(

It’s just down the road from me.....it’s a former 18 hole golf course. They’ve managed to keep some of the holes and therefore a 9 hole golf course after training for the players.....What do we have...a plastic pool and wheelie bins for their entertainment.

Presumably the Leicester City one will be twice as good as it's costing twice as much-

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/drone-footage-shows-progress-leicester-3412746

It’s just down the road from me.....it’s a former 18 hole golf course. They’ve managed to keep some of the holes and therefore a 9 hole golf course after training for the players.....What do we have...a plastic pool and wheelie bins for their entertainment.

Borehole!

Leicester aren't even traditionally a football city, at least not in my lifetime. It's just incredible how our local press have managed to connive with Ashley to sleepwalk us into oblivion.

God knows how they've spent 100M on a training ground and 100M on players over the summer.

Like Charnley once told The Chronicle:

“It is about priorities.

“There is a pot of money. Where is the greater need? At this time it’s on field.

“It’s not unreasonable, the pot of money can only go so far.

“You go and spend it on the training ground it means there is less to spend on the team.

“Spend it on the Academy, there is less to spend on the team.

“Spend too much on wages, there’s less to spend on the team.

“That doesn’t mean we don’t spend in all those areas, because we do, but our view has been at this point in time the priority is what goes on to the field.”

“It doesn’t mean we don’t want to update the training ground.

“Does it mean at some point in time we would like to update the training ground? Absolutely, yes.

“It is about priorities. It doesn’t stop us doing what we need to do on a daily basis.

“Our pitches are very good, our gym is perfectly adequate and functional.

“Do we have a swimming pool or water facilities? No.

“Would we like to have it at some stage? Absolutely.”

They need to sort their priorities.

Charnley's saying that the club don't spend money on a new training ground or upgrading current facilities in order to prioritise first team squad signings is just another excuse from the club. Remember a few years ago when the club went three transfer windows in a row without making a permanent signing, what were the priorities then?

Special report in The Independent investigating the financial disparity in football and how it has destroyed the unpredictability of the sport

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/champions-league-superclubs-liverpool-man-utd-barcelona-real-madrid-a9330431.html

“We don’t want too many Leicester Citys.”

These were the words spoken by a senior figure from the Premier League’s ‘big six’ clubs, in the kind of high-end London hotel you can easily imagine.

“A more democratic league would be bad for business.”

A part of me wish they just made an exclusive super league so we can start to watch a more fair and balanced Premier League. Maybe I'm giving the general football fan base too much credit these days, but I'd like to think that the super league would fail massively.

Special report in The Independent investigating the financial disparity in football and how it has destroyed the unpredictability of the sport

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/champions-league-superclubs-liverpool-man-utd-barcelona-real-madrid-a9330431.html

These were the words spoken by a senior figure from the Premier League’s ‘big six’ clubs, in the kind of high-end London hotel you can easily imagine.

I wish the ‘big 6’ would fuck off with Real Madrid, Barcelona etc like.

A part of me wish they just made an exclusive super league so we can start to watch a more fair and balanced Premier League. Maybe I'm giving the general football fan base too much credit these days, but I'd like to think that the super league would fail massively.

I don’t think it would and the prem would then become the equivalent of the championship

Any talent would go to the super league teams and the games would be a dirge of talent

I've not listened to it yet, but there's an Independent podcast as a sort of accompaniment to these pieces.

I don’t think it would and the prem would then become the equivalent of the championship

Any talent would go to the super league teams and the games would be a dirge of talent

We watch a dirge of talent every week, don't see how it could be a negative for us.

I've not listened to it yet, but there's an Independent podcast as a sort of accompaniment to these pieces.

... features a disappointing dollop of point-missing when it comes to our wanting rid of Ashley.

Pro Bruce press aka the “calm down collective” as I’ll call them from now on are fucking disgraceful. You can’t be a journalist of any sport and be as disrespectful to the actual fans themselves and tell them what they can and can’t feel. Some of these journalists support other teams and they have the fucking backbone to tell us that we’re wrong and they are right and we should be letting Bruce get on with it for now.

No. Fuck off.