Sam Allardyce

Thespence

I have to admit I never thought Allardyce was taking us down, even as shite as we were under him and however much I hate him now. We'd have ground out enough points to survive IMO. Don't forget that when he went we were in 11th position on 26 points; 9 above the relegation zone: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2007-2008/table/2008-01-02

In true Ronaldo style I can confirm I posted the same when we sacked him too. :razz:

Guest neesy111

I have to admit I never thought Allardyce was taking us down, even as shite as we were under him and however much I hate him now. We'd have ground out enough points to survive IMO. Don't forget that when he went we were in 11th position on 26 points; 9 above the relegation zone: http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2007-2008/table/2008-01-02

In true Ronaldo style I can confirm I posted the same when we sacked him too. :razz:

2 wins in 14 games, and remember keegan's fixture list was very hard for his first 8-9 games

he was taking us down no doubt's imo

Guest neesy111

Barton was injured for a lot of Allardyce's time here. I honestly can't see Allardyce playing Butt to the extent we actually did last season. He's not a stupid as Kinnear, Hughton or Shearer.

he's the worst of the lot imo

Guest firetotheworks

Allardyce would never have taken us down, only blind dislike for the man can bring you to that conclusion.

Ronaldo, I dunno about your point about Owen mind. I vividly remember a few matches where he contributed nothing under Allardyce and it being Martins who was always the one to make way, even when Martins looked like our only attacking threat.

Guest neesy111

I can see Hughton or Shearer getting us to 9th in December. :rolleyes:

yeah after having the easiest set of fixtures

remember we we're lucky to win most of the games under allardyce

Guest neesy111

Allardyce would never have taken us down, only blind dislike for the man can bring you to that conclusion.

Ronaldo, I dunno about your point about Owen mind. I vividly remember a few matches where he contributed nothing under Allardyce and it being Martins who was always the one to make way, even when Martins looked like our only attacking threat.

sorry how do you not see 2 wins in 14 games as not being relegation form?!?

How many wins in 14 did all the teams below us have? Can't have been many more if any at all.

Derby were the worst team ever as well so there were only two spots to worry about.

Don't get me wrong; he was utter shit and I was glad to see the back of him. I just didn't think we were in a great deal of relegation trouble when he went.

Guest firetotheworks

Well its form for a start, and look at how we went down this time. It took 3 incompetent managers to take us down, and even then, 1 point, in fact 1 goal and we'd have stayed up. We were nowhere near being as shit as relegation candidates.

I can see Hughton or Shearer getting us to 9th in December. :rolleyes:

What's that got to do with anything?  As someone said, we wouldn't have gone down with Keegan in charge all season.  It's irrelevant what Hughton/Kinnear/Shearer did.  So sacking Allardyce wasn't the problem, it was getting rid of Keegan.

Guest neesy111

How many wins in 14 did all the teams below us have? Can't have been many more if any at all.

Derby were the worst team ever as well so there were only two spots to worry about.

Don't get me wrong; he was utter shit and I was glad to see the back of him. I just didn't think we were in a great deal of relegation trouble when he went.

if you thought allardyce would of done better with the fixtures keegan had until we got the 4 wins under keegan, then i believe your wrong!

keegan had away games to villa, liverpool and arsenal x 2. and a home game v utd

Do you not remember Derby away or the first 10 mins of Portsmouth at home, that team was relegation bound under Allardyce no doubt about it in my mind. It was written all over it at his point of departure which was not a moment too soon.

Anyone under the illusion that we were getting relegated in 2008 needs to look at the table at the end of 2007.

Allardyce would have taken us nowhere, but we would never have been relegated under him, no chance.

We had a piss easy start, hence the run of matches after the fat-headed managerial fraudster was binned inlcuded Man Utd twice, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa and Tottenham away. We were going 1 way under him, down

That's not the discussion here though, we all know Keegan wouldn't have taken us down.

So sacking Allardyce wasn't a mistake then (your original argument) it was getting rid of Keegan.  Otherwise you could just as well say that sacking Roeder was a mistake because we got relegated 2 seasons later, the logic doesn't work.

Guest firetotheworks

Do you not remember Derby away or the first 10 mins of Portsmouth at home, that team was relegation bound under Allardyce no doubt about it in my mind. It was written all over it at his point of departure which was not a moment too soon.

Aye I do remember, except that you seem to be forgetting that for as shit as we were (and Im not disputing that) there were others that were far far shitter than us, and in shitter form. This was the season when Derby were in the league for one. We might have been in relegation form, but other teams' relegation for lasted the entire season.

if you thought allardyce would of done better with the fixtures keegan had until we got the 4 wins under keegan, then i believe your wrong!

keegan had away games to villa, liverpool and arsenal x 2. and a home game v utd

Eh? I'm not saying Allardyce would have done anything in those games. Keegan had it tougher because he wanted to change everything about the team and the club. The players weren't good enough for what he wanted.

Shit as Allardyce was, I think over the remaining games we'd have picked up the requisite points. We only needed 11 points from 17 games after all.

That's not the discussion here though, we all know Keegan wouldn't have taken us down.

So sacking Allardyce wasn't a mistake then (your original argument) it was getting rid of Keegan.  Otherwise you could just as well say that sacking Roeder was a mistake because we got relegated 2 seasons later, the logic doesn't work.

We genuinely improved under Allardyce though.

Guest neesy111

We genuinely improved under Allardyce though.

that is the worst arguement i've ever heard, improved we looked better with roeder