Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

A mistake eh? Interesting to see how long it'll take them to refund the money that people (probably mostly Liverpool fans tbf) have forked out for these hospitality tickets baring in mind they haven't even refunded season ticket holders yet. Just a disgusting club really.

Yep, the club mirrors it's owner. I'm just saddened there are people happy to give him their money still, as if the last 13 years have taught them nothing  :lol:

Call me cynical but if they’d mistakenly put tickets up for sale in the gallowgate I might have believed them, but the fact they were corporate tickets tells us all we need to know.

I don’t have a problem with corporate season ticket holders taking a percentage of the 2000 places, however absolutely no tickets should be on general sale for these games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They seem to be generating a fair bit of overdue criticism from both members and non members on social media today about what they do and claim to do.

Not really - most of the social media stuff has been positive - with the usual bashing from the usual suspects that love a moan on Twitter but have nothing constructive to say or offer.

They seem to be generating a fair bit of overdue criticism from both members and non members on social media today about what they do and claim to do.

Not really - most of the social media stuff has been positive - with the usual bashing from the usual suspects that love a moan on Twitter but have nothing constructive to say or offer.

Well there's been enough for the Chronicle's multimedia editor to report on it via twitter which is where I saw it initially. Just seen you've responded to it on twitter too. Surprising you'd do that if it's "not really" happening.  ???

Well there's been enough for the Chronicle's multimedia editor to report on it via twitter which is where I saw it initially. Just seen you've responded to it on twitter too. Surprising you'd do that if it's "not really" happening.  ???

As in the majority of tweets have been positive - the reaction from the majority to the nonsense - e.g the Chronciel's multimedia editor's tweet - was positive.

• 2 months later...

They certainly won’t need to worry about keeping things civil with the PL for much longer that’s for sure. I think on the day relegation is confirmed, an open letter to Masters and co asking them how they acted in our best interests regarding the takeover would be welcome.

I mean at this point it would be hard to imagine how we could possibly be worse off.

They certainly won’t need to worry about keeping things civil with the PL for much longer that’s for sure. I think on the day relegation is confirmed, an open letter to Masters and co asking them how they acted in our best interests regarding the takeover would be welcome.

I mean at this point it would be hard to imagine how we could possibly be worse off.

They had their chance with Masters and it was a bit of a waste of time. I was certainly hoping for a few more pressing questions to be asked. Doubt he'll give them time of day once we don't even play in his league. I didn't renew my NUST membership anyway so I don't really have a right to ask questions of them any more I suppose.

Sadly, the only response they'd get from Masters et all would be 'No comment'

Just wondered if these guys were planning anything in reaction to the clubs ominous support of Bruce?

Absolutely no chance.  If you're lucky they'll knock up another beige survey and do little more than send the results of it to the club.

They had their chance with Masters and it was a bit of a waste of time. I was certainly hoping for a few more pressing questions to be asked. Doubt he'll give them time of day once we don't even play in his league. I didn't renew my NUST membership anyway so I don't really have a right to ask questions of them any more I suppose.

Completely wasted that opportunity.

Perfect opportunity for them to recruit new members on the back of a crisis and then sit back and do nothing. Again.

They obviously have little power in reality, but should have been using their presence to demand a lot of answers to difficult questions in the last 12 months. From both the press and club.

Fucking baffling how he’s classed as a fit & proper owner, that doesn’t just apply for him, but for owners of other clubs as well.

I’m sick of hearing that we aren’t in debt and the club is profitable and this makes him a good businessman.

Does it fuck. Newcastle United is a football club, not a bank. It’s purpose is to compete in football terms, to develop players and be a beacon of it’s community.

Ashley has it so it’s not competing. We don’t bring players through the academy and if we do we have a useless piece of shit manager who ousts them to teach a lesson to the other players who he has no intention of technically a lesson too. He’s just a fucking bully. To put it aside he has never really competed ever in his time as a manager at any club. He has left no club in a better position than when he arrived.

As for NUFC being a beacon for our community, don’t make me laugh. You have a city and it’s outer area in a state of depression, it has been like this for 2 years now and for the majority of his 14 years of ownership.

How one the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs etc can be in debt and their owners are not criticised? Debt if it’s manageable isn’t bad.

An owner taking money out of a business doesn’t make him a good businessman.

Imagine you owned a car dealership but you put no money or effort into your business. You sold cars that were only just legally compliant but the car is still shit, you are in effect just a fucking conman and your business is a front. Taking money out of it and it being profitable means fuck all.

• 3 weeks later...

NUST Project - Launching on Thursday 8th April

This is our club. Newcastle United. This version is a shadow of what it should be, it does not strive to be the best it can be. It settles for the absolute bare minimum and its only ambition is to stay in the Premier League, and nothing more. That is a perilous state because if it goes wrong the consequences can be devastating - relegation. Despite a much-improved performance against Spurs on Sunday and a much-needed point, Newcastle United should not be in a position where we are relying on Fulham being worse than us in order to stay in the Premier League. 

We are a few weeks short of 14 years since Mike Ashley bought our club. Next year, 2022, brings the 130th anniversary of our great club. The 129 years so far have brought success and failure, it is important that we do not forget our proud heritage and history. League Champions four times, the FA Cup wins in 1910, 1924 and 1932 and then post-war period, back into the top flight, close to the title again but cup success as we lifted the FA Cup in 51, 52 and 55. The stagnation that followed in the late '70s and the late '80s is proof of the ups and downs but also evidence that if any football club can bounce back, it’s Newcastle United as we did in the ’90s and 2000’s - flawed at times but an ambition to get better every day.

Today there is no ambition at Newcastle United. 

As Newcastle fans we are often portrayed as being demanding, we aren’t: What I want is a football club that tries. Having a football club that tries is very different from demanding we have a football team that wins every week. Most of us want a club that tries to be the best version of itself. I want to believe in our football club again.

Relegation remains a real possibility this season, and it would be catastrophic - there is no guarantee we will bounce back at the first attempt this time. And if that happens then what next? Do we get stuck in the Championship? Do we fall like Sunderland? Stay down for nearly 20 years like Leeds? The future of our club is on the line. We should never be in this position, full stop. 

Over the last few years, the Trust has been working on an exciting new project that we believe is the most ambitious fan-led project in English football history - it is something to believe in and get behind.

We will never tell any supporter what they should be doing. But we make no apologies for inviting you all to play your part in the future of our great club. 

We will be launching this project later this week, and as members of the Trust you will be the first to know - so please do check your emails on Thursday morning! 

57 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

NUST Project - Launching on Thursday 8th April

This is our club. Newcastle United. This version is a shadow of what it should be, it does not strive to be the best it can be. It settles for the absolute bare minimum and its only ambition is to stay in the Premier League, and nothing more. That is a perilous state because if it goes wrong the consequences can be devastating - relegation. Despite a much-improved performance against Spurs on Sunday and a much-needed point, Newcastle United should not be in a position where we are relying on Fulham being worse than us in order to stay in the Premier League. 

We are a few weeks short of 14 years since Mike Ashley bought our club. Next year, 2022, brings the 130th anniversary of our great club. The 129 years so far have brought success and failure, it is important that we do not forget our proud heritage and history. League Champions four times, the FA Cup wins in 1910, 1924 and 1932 and then post-war period, back into the top flight, close to the title again but cup success as we lifted the FA Cup in 51, 52 and 55. The stagnation that followed in the late '70s and the late '80s is proof of the ups and downs but also evidence that if any football club can bounce back, it’s Newcastle United as we did in the ’90s and 2000’s - flawed at times but an ambition to get better every day.

Today there is no ambition at Newcastle United. 

As Newcastle fans we are often portrayed as being demanding, we aren’t: What I want is a football club that tries. Having a football club that tries is very different from demanding we have a football team that wins every week. Most of us want a club that tries to be the best version of itself. I want to believe in our football club again.

Relegation remains a real possibility this season, and it would be catastrophic - there is no guarantee we will bounce back at the first attempt this time. And if that happens then what next? Do we get stuck in the Championship? Do we fall like Sunderland? Stay down for nearly 20 years like Leeds? The future of our club is on the line. We should never be in this position, full stop. 

Over the last few years, the Trust has been working on an exciting new project that we believe is the most ambitious fan-led project in English football history - it is something to believe in and get behind.

We will never tell any supporter what they should be doing. But we make no apologies for inviting you all to play your part in the future of our great club. 

We will be launching this project later this week, and as members of the Trust you will be the first to know - so please do check your emails on Thursday morning! 

Rio-8685.png?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1