Joelinton

Stifler

To be honest the argument about him not playing the right position etc, there isn't a position he can fit into here and be better than another player. Its clear the reason he plays so many games is to justify the ego of the idiots behind the signing and recommendation of him in the first place.

His key attributes from all the games I've seen,and there have been many, because he literally starts every game, he can hold the ball up relatively well, and bizarrely considering he's here for attacking purposes he wins tackles.

Can't think of any attacking qualities he has that justify him being part of a front two or three?

I think the reaction to him after a bad game is way over the top compared to most players. He’s been decent lately but yesterday he was completely ineffectual. I’d like to see two actual wide players playing instead of him with Wilson up front now, we’re always so one sided.

Only running he did was first half when one of the Shitehouse Steve’s shouted ‘Go on Joe’ at him. Didn’t expect our record signing Brazilian forward to be a voice activated early version of a Boston Dynamics Robot.

Tbh I heard Bruce voice activating several players a few games ago. Matty, Wilson and Hayden in particular. Problem is it doesn't help if one player is pressing while rest of the team is in their own half.

Been utterly woeful since day 1 and continues to be so. Feel sorry fir him but he has only ever resembled a footballer when playing League 1 opposition. £40m Charlie Wyke. Heads would roll at a normal club for sanctioning the signing.

To think of the disdain Benitez apparently brought on himself with utterly harmless signings like Gamez, Murphy and Lazaar. :lol:

I think the reaction to him after a bad game is way over the top compared to most players. He’s been decent lately but yesterday he was completely ineffectual. I’d like to see two actual wide players playing instead of him with Wilson up front now, we’re always so one sided.

If he's been decent lately then it's only decent by his own standards. He's shown flashes of competence - no more. I'm struggling to think of a worse player who regularly gets a start, Boumsong maybe?

If he's been decent lately then it's only decent by his own standards. He's shown flashes of competence - no more. I'm struggling to think of a worse player who regularly gets a start, Boumsong maybe?

We can't erase Alan Smith from the history books so thankfully for big Jeff, and anyone else who plays for Newcastle, they'll avoid that particular accolade.

Reminds me of Jonas playing on the left for Pardew, but somehow worse. Sucked the life out of every attack because he was playing on the wrong side, and always cut in. No pace, no trick/skill, didn't create anything, didn't score. Safe option constantly or wins a foul.

Could see what Bruce wanted to do in the second half on the left side, Dummett shuffles from LCB to LB, Ritchie moves up on the wing, and Joelinton inside to play alongside Carroll - then back into a 541 without the ball. Obviously didn't work because every player mentioned there is awful, as a team we can't keep the ball, and don't create any overloads/positional rotation.

I saw him in the summer walking along Gateshead Quayside wearing his NUFC tracksuit while eating an apple. I knew then we’d found Shola’s replacement.

Shola is George Weah compared to this f***ing guy.

My thoughts too

I truly hope the rumours of him not actually being £40m and the fee being exaggerated by the club with lots of add ons is true.

I can't think of a worse player in history that has been transferred for such a sum. Sure there's been some shocking transfers over the years but this feels like the most expensive flop if he really cost as much as they said.

He's got to be up there, surely. Really feel like it flies under the radar a bit as well. He's been a fucking horrible signing. :lol:

I mean there'll always be Torres who'll go down as arguably the worst flop when it comes to transfer fee Vs. return, but even he scored somewhere close to 50 goals for Chelsea including some crucial ones in the Champions League. There's Shevchenko for Chelsea as well but, again, twenty-odd goals in a couple of seasons. Hardly the apocalytpically bad return that big Jeff has for us.

Carroll? Kepa, maybe, if we can include non-strikers? Weird ones like Drinkwater, if you can call that a 'flop'? Soldado?

Benteke to Liverpool for 42m is very similar.

Wilfried Bony, Vincent Jansen,Eliaquim Mangala,

Bony seems to be a free agent. Though I think he completely sacked football as soon as the Man City payday happened :lol: shame as he was solid.

Alot of the other players being mentioned here, while perhaps have under performed and didn't deserve their price tag, all have shown far greater ability in their careers so far than Joelinton.

You also have to take into account that the clubs mentioned often spend far greater sums than we do regularly. £30m is about average for one of their squad players. Joelinton has not shown before or since we signed him, anything to suggest he should be valued anywhere close to £40m.

For a club that famously does not spend large sums on players. Then you have to suspect that this is either a massive agent/club scam or its one of the most embarrassing scouting jobs of all time.