Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

After Chelsea he was saying as we improve the quality of players, the football would improve. I wasn't expecting 1970 Brazil but you'd have thought playing against a League 1 side at home in front of a full house, you'd have at least seen a glimpse of what he's working towards. If that was it then God help him.

What is he working towards though? In the match thread I was saying his forte is man management, not coaching players on movement and passing drills. Kaka made a good point that it could still work if he had some decent coaches working with him instead of his pie eating mates, all called Steve. I think his philosophy is simply buy some good players and let them get on with it.

“To be fair, we’re not great to watch, but that’s the next step and at the moment we’re suited to playing that way.”

So he clearly thinks there’s more to come somehow. Today should have at least been a glimpse of where he thinks he’ll have us in 2-3 years time.

To be fair, that team he put out tonight should have won the game. I don't think this result is on him.

To be fair??? Why the fuck should any-one be fair to an areshole like Bruce???

Or are you making excuses for a shite performance against a poor team? Is it the fault of the players or the manager? Who trains, motivates, pushes the players? Oh, our useless idiot of a dinosaur manger.

Fair to him? Never in my lifetime will I be fair to him.

I've already replied to this. And I've already said I've demonstrated what I really think in the wrong manner. You make it sound like I don't already know he is out of depth and shouldn't be here.

The 5-3-2 formation really doesn't work. It needs to be 5-2-3 in my opinion but that means Almiron gets shunted to the right

Got to be Rafa's front three

“I could give you many excuses, but a big crowd played their part, and we haven’t done enough for them. We just huffed and puffed all day and didn’t do enough.”

Support the team, but not too much.

“I could give you many excuses, but a big crowd played their part, and we haven’t done enough for them. We just huffed and puffed all day and didn’t do enough.”

I think you are misreading that. Hes actually saying that the fans played their part but the players didnt.

Unbearable whining prick

Absolute melt.

Can’t beat league 1 team at home, then moans about the replay. The brass neck on the cunt..

90 mins to score one goal against a 3rd division side, and he's moaning about having to play the replay. Try coaching some more effective attacking methods you gormless twat.

I really hate how the local fish wrappers insist on framing any comment from this idiot as 'Steve Bruce hits out at...' or 'Steve Bruce has come out fighting' or 'Steve Bruce issues rallying cry' etc. You then actually listen to him speak and he sounds like the sort of bloke who would go home from a stag do early to watch Holby City.

I think you are misreading that. Hes actually saying that the fans played their part but the players didnt.

My favourite bit was when they booed the players off.

I have never watched a Bruce team and been impressed by their attacking football in fact I have not noticed any particular identity with a  Bruce team. He keeps going about how he wants the team to be more attacking, but he hasn't made much effort to change it. He has been in charge for around 6 months now and that's more than enough time for a manager to have some of their ideas put across to the team.

He can't complain about not having the squad to play the football he wants the squad to play because he has had two transfer windows which he has said he is happy with what he has got so he obviously has what he needs.

We are hard to watch atm. Ugly football all over!

That game at Everton was as bad as Pardews football in his prime here...only camouflaged by a miracle.

I don't think we ever played this bad under Pardew ( and I would say that along with Ashley those two are the worst thing that's ever happened to Newcastle) Collocini seemed to take control of games under Pardew and we then had some sort of ambition to attack, but under Bruce we have a back 7 that pass amongst each other which leaves Miggy and co isolated and when they do eventually receive the ball their options are limited so they play for a set piece which gets lumped in the box.

We were fucking rancid at times under Pardew, like. Got battered all the time.

Aye. Pure revisionist.

They are both shite but Bruce is slightly more likeable, probably because he doesn't think hes god.

We need to be more flexible. We shouldn't be playing 5 at the back at home versus Oxford. We should be able to play 4-2-3-1 and have more of a coherent attacking threat. That's on Bruce. I think he's done a good job with our team spirit - we're not a team at war or with negative team issues. But we are uber defensive, and really don't have anything else.