Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Unlike Joelinton Miggy works really hard and tries his best despite his limitations, however he still needs to offer us more than one or two moments, whenever he's on the ball he looks very unlikely to make something happen, the only time we feel like a threat going forward is if the ball is with Saint Maximin but against bigger teams we really need the other two to show up.

Same bloke as the one who did that Maximin one?

Yeah. I remember that guy actually. His father was one of the enthusiasts of Toon Army Sweden 15-20 years ago. And made the headlines when he changed his name to Newcastle :lol:

• 2 months later...

Two games, two assists. Team selection on Sunday will be interesting with him and Fraser in the frame. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes back to the team from Saturday and then plays these two against Morecambe. I’d personally play Almiron behind Wilson on Sunday and then bring Carroll back in for the cup tie as we surely can’t go with Joelinton again?

Two games, two assists. Team selection on Sunday will be interesting with him and Fraser in the frame. Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes back to the team from Saturday and then plays these two against Morecambe. I’d personally play Almiron behind Wilson on Sunday and then bring Carroll back in for the cup tie as we surely can’t go with Joelinton again?

we have to go with joelinton again.

cant risk carroll as it leaves one fit striker.

and surely morecambe will offer joelinton a couple of chances to break his duck this season.

whether he'll take them or not....