Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Super goal, he just glanced it in the net. Lovely player and reminds me a bit of Nobby.

Did you ever watch Nobby play?  Or almiron?

Yes.

Nobby's strength was all about his technique when connecting with a ball and his intelligence on the ball.  Almiron is about work ethic, pace, sort of timing his runs and some technique.

I love Almiron and I loved Nobby but they are not similar at all.

Super goal, he just glanced it in the net. Lovely player and reminds me a bit of Nobby.

Did you ever watch Nobby play?  Or almiron?

Yes.

Nobby's strength was all about his technique when connecting with a ball and his intelligence on the ball.  Almiron is about work ethic, pace, sort of timing his runs and some technique.

I love Almiron and I loved Nobby but they are not similar at all.

His touch and control, his careful use of his feet and the way he guided the ball in the net for his goal tonight reminded me A BIT of Nobby, I never said playing styles were the exact same.

Loved that finish like, just class how he chipped it beyond the keeper into the far corner after shifting it beyond the defender. Fucking lush goal.

Super goal, essentially passed it into the net.

Loved that finish like, just class how he chipped it beyond the keeper into the far corner after shifting it beyond the defender. Fucking lush goal.

So satisfying. Goal of the game for me, although the 2nd and 4th both very good too.

We scored some belters like, even the first one was a really nice finish. :lol:

lovely goal but i still feel his overall play needs so much more.

Yeah. I’ve recently had it in for him after a wee while of letting him get away with murder. One Decent goal doesn’t change my thoughts though, however I am happy for him and hope it’s what he needs. I still think he needs to nail down a position, learn it and then we’d see the best out of him. When he came on he was almost in the way of asm as he didn’t know where he should be. Longstaff looked far more comfortable in that position. Maybe both of them compete for it.

Yeah. I’ve recently had it in for him after a wee while of letting him get away with murder. One Decent goal doesn’t change my thoughts though, however I am happy for him and hope it’s what he needs. I still think he needs to nail down a position, learn it and then we’d see the best out of him. When he came on he was almost in the way of asm as he didn’t know where he should be. Longstaff looked far more comfortable in that position. Maybe both of them compete for it.

Do 7 goals in 23 in a position he’s not used to playing in count for anything?

Most of which is cup games against lower opposition. No they don’t count, he’s got 3 goals in 40 prem games, that’s the stat that counts.

Besides, I’ve never really held his lack of goals while he settled in and couldn’t care under Bruce at the start. It’s the poor decisions, awkward positioning, running in to defenders, poor touches and the diving antics which have built up with me about him recently.

How old is he? He's shown enough in flashes for me to think there's no shortage of ability there, so I would like to think he will get better with more experience in this league.

How old is he? He's shown enough in flashes for me to think there's no shortage of ability there, so I would like to think he will get better with more experience in this league.

26 - two years older than I thought he was lol!

I watched him in the MLS and we have barely seen anything from him. Love to think what he and ASM could be capable of with better players around them. The more confident he gets the better he will become, especially now he is playing where he should be, just needs a decent striker in front of him to open up a bit more space.

26 - two years older than I thought he was lol!

I watched him in the MLS and we have barely seen anything from him. Love to think what he and ASM could be capable of with better players around them. The more confident he gets the better he will become, especially now he is playing where he should be, just needs a decent striker in front of him to open up a bit more space.

Not convinced on his temperament at this level tbh, but he's got all the tools so I would definitely want to keep him. He could still mature into a very good PL player, some players don't hit their peak until 28+, pretty sure Vardy was a late bloomer.

Most of which is cup games against lower opposition. No they don’t count, he’s got 3 goals in 40 prem games, that’s the stat that counts.

Besides, I’ve never really held his lack of goals while he settled in and couldn’t care under Bruce at the start. It’s the poor decisions, awkward positioning, running in to defenders, poor touches and the diving antics which have built up with me about him recently.

He’s our leading goal scorer in all competitions. Ok some of those goals came against lesser opposition, however you could argue that many of our players failed to score against lesser opposition.