Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

• 2 months later...

It's a while since this post was commented on.

Is anyone else seriously sick of VAR?

I was really for it (being a cricket fan and that works well) but it is just a mess. Utterly marginal decisions by a millimetre. Delays. Lack of celebration until reviewed.

The whole point of it was to stop blatant bad decisions by referees, not what's going on now.

Scrap it asap and let's get back to an error prone game.

Opnions?

I was really for it (being a cricket fan and that works well) but it is just a mess. Utterly marginal decisions by a millimetre. Delays. Lack of celebration until reviewed.

The whole point of it was to stop blatant bad decisions by referees, not what's going on now.

Opnions?

There absolutely nowt wrong with VAR.  In fact it's excellent.  The people running it and controlling it is another matter.

Opnions?

We literally won yesterday due to VAR. Both of the "key" decisions initially went against us - as we have seen for decades - but were reversed after VAR.

It's a deeply flawed system, just seems an odd time to criticise it

Red card in our favour has been a long time coming. the number of players who have missed games due to unpunished horror challenges have really had an effect on our season. Ritchie and Manquilo are the two that come to mind immediately but there have been others.

• 3 months later...

I didn't see the match and all I've seen is that clip but it looks like he hasn't helped himself by throwing his arm forward in an unnatural way.

I'm certainly not defending the decision by any means.

It hits his lower arm when he falls, it may be then kicked against his upper arm/ side. The are the no matter how absurd, the real kicker for this is that Moura was fouled and the ref played advantage when there couldn’t be one.

We’ve seen a few chalked off where the ball has accidentally hit a player, diverting the ball into a goal scoring oppressive but this Kane one is a different matter.