Transfer rumours

Yorkie

Having watched Almiron on a certain video site, and considering these clips will be 'the best of', I'm not convinced about him.

1. He's in a poor footballing league - Division 1 standard?

2. He looks lightweight. Don't even think of comparing Modric quote to him!!

3. Despite his goals / assists, I'm not sure he'd score many against Premier League defenders or 'Keepers.

4. He can run for sure, but again, put him in front of a quality defender - would he get past?

5. Does her replace Kenedy?

6. £25m? Is he worth that?

I trust Rafa, but is this the mar of desperation?

Then again, I think Rondon is a complete donkey, so what do I know about football?

If the alternative is to continue playing Ayoze Perez, I think it's a gamble worth taking

Can't be any worse than Perez. Thought Perez brought something to the side last season even when he wasn't scoring but this season he's a total passenger. No point signing this lad on and not using him, however I can't see Rafa giving him a shot any time soon. Probably a one for the next manager, at least he'll be here now he's all signed up.

in the fantasy world where we actually sign players the problem we're gonna have is that we'll drag it to the last days of the transfer window anyway, then rafa will do his thing of a slow integration into the setup so anyone that comes in might not play properly until march anyways :lol:

Having watched Almiron on a certain video site, and considering these clips will be 'the best of', I'm not convinced about him.

3. Despite his goals / assists, I'm not sure he'd score many against Premier League defenders or 'Keepers.

4. He can run for sure, but again, put him in front of a quality defender - would he get past?

Then again, I think Rondon is a complete donkey, so what do I know about football?

I have watched a fair bit of him on tv. On an excitement scale its a 7. He is talented no doubt but untested in a really top league. He is definitely better than what we have.

1.MLS is more championship standard IMO. Weaker in many areas but stronger in others. The league is improving every year. It is light years ahead of where it was when I moved to North America 10 years ago.

2. He is definitely stronger than he looks good on the ball, clever and can hold it up.

3. He can take set pieces and get them on target. A bonus. He can create space and also work and create key passes and set up play without it. Goal keeping is the biggest difference between the leagues, there is some horrific keeping in the MLS.

4. He has the skill level and does have pace. I'm not worried there.

5. He would play AM most likely, replacing Perez. Definite upgrade imo.

6. I'd hope for nearer 18m but it is a crazy market. Alphonso Davies (just turned 18) just went to Bayern for 17m (his potential is scary though even if he is rough round the edges). I can understand Atlanta putting Almiron in a similar bracket, he has had a stonking season on the goal and creating side. I would have preferred Davies but Almiron at 24 is a much more rounded player and in the position we desperately need.

NUFC need to get Giovinco from my local side. We'd kill it.

The one from Serie A years ago?

Yep moved to the MLS while still in the Italian team and 27, turning down Juve and Arsenal in the process. So probably hope he is mental enough to come here. An absolute wizard still though.

Might need to sell a few purples this window to make us a more saleable asset, its a good job a few of our players are on a PCP deal so we can send them back.

I have watched a fair bit of him on tv. On an excitement scale its a 7. He is talented no doubt but untested in a really top league. He is definitely better than what we have.

1.MLS is more championship standard IMO. Weaker in many areas but stronger in others. The league is improving every year. It is light years ahead of where it was when I moved to North America 10 years ago.

2. He is definitely stronger than he looks good on the ball, clever and can hold it up.

3. He can take set pieces and get them on target. A bonus. He can create space and also work and create key passes and set up play without it. Goal keeping is the biggest difference between the leagues, there is some horrific keeping in the MLS.

4. He has the skill level and does have pace. I'm not worried there.

5. He would play AM most likely, replacing Perez. Definite upgrade imo.

6. I'd hope for nearer 18m but it is a crazy market. Alphonso Davies (just turned 18) just went to Bayern for 17m (his potential is scary though even if he is rough round the edges). I can understand Atlanta putting Almiron in a similar bracket, he has had a stonking season on the goal and creating side. I would have preferred Davies but Almiron at 24 is a much more rounded player and in the position we desperately need.

Agree with most but never in a million years is MLS championship standard its not even as good as the Scottish Premiership man in fact there are probably league 1 teams that would batter MLS teams

Guest neesy111

Might need to sell a few purples this window to make us a more saleable asset, its a good job a few of our players are on a PCP deal so we can send them back.

Erm, that would make us less of a asset to sell.

Erm, that would make us less of a asset to sell.

Cash in the bank