Gateshead FC

geordiedean

What a grade A tosser. Hayes & Yeading manager's post match comments.

"The referee made the decision to carry on the game and to be honest the Gateshead players refused to come out of the dressing room.

"They were understandably upset by their team-mate's injury but the game was not called off because of the serious injury, it was called off because the Gateshead players refused to come out of the dressing room.

"I would have a huge problem with doing this again because we're a part-time club. We've got players who are working, some players might not be able to make the game.

"To me there can be only one decision, that we're awarded the points, we win the game and move on."

"The referee made the decision to carry on the game and to be honest the Gateshead players refused to come out of the dressing room.

"They were understandably upset by their team-mate's injury but the game was not called off because of the serious injury, it was called off because the Gateshead players refused to come out of the dressing room.

"I would have a huge problem with doing this again because we're a part-time club. We've got players who are working, some players might not be able to make the game.

"To me there can be only one decision, that we're awarded the points, we win the game and move on."

Sounds fair to me, tbh.

what's wrong with that? he's fucking spot on man. a player got injured, it's part and parcel of the game. players should accept it and get on with it.

dunno like. if it was the other way round it would be a case of "i understand their point but the ref didn't call it off,they did and the rules must take their course".

As he points out though, Gateshead are also part-time, and as such, you'd think given the circumstances the players a little bit of leeway could be given. If they were ahead fair enough, but 0-0 with 13 minutes left, just give a point each man.

Aye, but, really, Gateshead should be docked points I would think.

The length of time the treatment took as well should be considered. It would have been bad enough anyway, but the fact the Gateshead players had seen one of their own obviously writhing in agony for half an hour must have been something new to everyone, so it's not like you can simply say, "they should just get on with it", and that's before you even take into considering it would have taken another 10 minutes or so to warmup again properly.

The length of time the treatment took as well should be considered. It would have been bad enough anyway, but the fact the Gateshead players had seen one of their own obviously writhing in agony for half an hour must have been something new to everyone, so it's not like you can simply say, "they should just get on with it", and that's before you even take into considering it would have taken another 10 minutes or so to warmup again properly.

I agree, but I can also see the Yeading manager's point: why should he be forced to agree to a replay his club can't afford and in which he might have to put out a weakened team through no fault of his own or his team? It would be gracious of him to accept a point, I think, and I hope that's what happens.

"My players had sat in the dressing room for almost half an hour having seen what had happened to one of their team mates. They were shellshocked and in no frame of mind to go back out. Haylock's comments were a disgrace and my only concern was for the welfare of the player". - Ian Bogie

Guest beardieman

If you want to see what a break of the Tibia and Fibular looks like have a look at this

<No Football Videos>

This is a career ending injury, this is what Martin Brittan has suffered and who can blame his team mates from not wanting to play out the remainder of the match

If you want to see what a break of the Tibia and Fibular looks like have a look at this

This is a career ending injury, this is what Martin Brittan has suffered and who can blame his team mates from not wanting to play out the remainder of the match

Excellent, a football video.  We don't get enough of those on here. :lol:

By my count, it's been over 20 minutes since he posted that. Dave clearly losing his touch

By my count, it's been over 20 minutes since he posted that. Dave clearly losing his touch

Dave always gets the blame. :(

<No Football Videos>

I broke my tibia and fibula when I was 8. After 8 weeks in a wheelchair and a bit of rehab, I've not had a problem since...

<No Football Videos>

I broke my tibia and fibula when I was 8. After 8 weeks in a wheelchair and a bit of rehab, I've not had a problem since...

Bones heal easier when you are younger as they are softer. (That's a complete guess obviously, no medical training)

Guest toonlass

<No Football Videos>

:snod:

Bones heal easier when you are younger as they are softer. (That's a complete guess obviously, no medical training)

<No Football Videos>

Just wait till I get onto the Millwall lot for an NOFC fixture...