General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Interview with Perch in the Athletic - he's not a fan of Pardew!

Of course an interview with James Perch is the straw that breaks the camel's back and causes me to subscribe. :lol:

Good read, though. Love Jonas making it to his stag, too. :aww:

Interview with Perch in the Athletic - he's not a fan of Pardew!

Of course an interview with James Perch is the straw that breaks the camel's back and causes me to subscribe. :lol:

Good read, though. Love Jonas making it to his stag, too. :aww:

I would have posted it but I'm not getting told off again  :lol:

Loved the story of those two and Colo sneaking booze onto the back of the flights coming back from Euro aways!

If we were a normal club he would've been a useful utility player, but we aren't so he was forced to play way too much.

Really enjoyed that interview. We got so little from the club in terms of access around then and it was probably the most likable group since I've been following. Such a disgrace we only bought Anita after finishing 5th

Guest Carrick18

James Perch was a good reliable utility player. He was never going to be more, but you also didn't need to question his commitment. The way he was bombed out by those in charge is endemic of a club that has lost any sense of compassion and professionalism.

Bit harsh. Started terribly but settled himself as a useful utility player and had several very good performances. It was fair enough that he was moved on but not surprised he was dicked around by that classless dimwit.

Guest Carrick18

He was absolutely s**** and shouldn’t have been anywhere near the club.

He started horrifically, he'll freely admit that, but in time he became a dependable player that was usually a 6 out of 10 in a few positions. If he was happy to sit on the bench, miss out out on the squad now and again, that's fine. Sometimes you need those role players.

I also don't think it was wrong to sell him, but to tell a player he's getting a new deal, then pull the rug a few months later, is terrible. I'm not against getting rid of 'good lads who are shit' but do it the right way.

Guest reefatoon

Was watching the Newcastle v Sheff Wed game on you tube there and another video has started after it called stunning Newcastle United goals. 23 minutes full of cracking goals from the premier league years, well worth a watch.

I’ve been interviewing Newcastle commentators from over the years. Mick Lowes mostly about the 90s and the Keegan times and then Justin Lockwood for the Sir Bobby days. If you’re like me and enjoy the past hopefully you’ll find them a good read:

Lowes:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/nostalgia/legendary-newcastle-commentator-mick-lowes-keegan-shearer-and-new-radicals-song-2853405

Lockwood:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/nostalgia/justin-lockwood-sir-bobby-robsons-parking-outrage-and-cheick-tiote-commentary-2853477

I’ve been interviewing Newcastle commentators from over the years. Mick Lowes mostly about the 90s and the Keegan times and then Justin Lockwood for the Sir Bobby days. If you’re like me and enjoy the past hopefully you’ll find them a good read:

Lowes:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/nostalgia/legendary-newcastle-commentator-mick-lowes-keegan-shearer-and-new-radicals-song-2853405

Lockwood:

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/nostalgia/justin-lockwood-sir-bobby-robsons-parking-outrage-and-cheick-tiote-commentary-2853477

Quality mate!