Transfer rumours

Yorkie

First Joelinton and now Zaniolo we are going to have a great team next season.

From the Chronicle.

Newcastle United are keeping tabs on Italian wonderkid Nicolò Zaniolo.

Sources in Italy have revealed that United scouts have checked out the 19-year-old AS Roma midfielder after emerging as one of Serie A's top young talents.

Zaniolo ended up at Roma as part of a swap deal with Inter Milan last season as the teenager and ex-Toon defender Davide Santon were traded for Radja Nainggolan.

However, Inter's judgment has been questioned as the midfield youngster's part in the deal was valued at just €4.5million.

Zaniolo, who stands at 6ft 3in, has scored five goals and provided two assists for Roma this term in 26 games.

His two goals in the Champions League against FC Porto also boosted his profile further.

United are looking closely at the central midfield area with Mo Diame potentially leaving the club this summer and speculation over Jonjo Shelvey growing on the football circuit, with West Ham monitoring his situation.

Rafa Benitez is well up to speed on Zaniolo's progress but has no idea how much Newcastle will give him to spend next summer.

However, with Zaniolo also being tracked by Real Madrid and Juventus, the Magpies aren't alone with their interest in the youngster.

Zaniolo was also released by Fiorentina as a kid and recently said: "My dad says you can reach the top quickly but you can fall to the bottom even more quickly.

"He’s always telling me not to get big-headed, especially now.

"He also tells me to remember how I felt when Fiorentina got rid of me.

“I am not famous, but I am in the spotlight.

"I know I’m young and I’m doing well at a big club.

"I have to make sure I’m able to deal with it all."

United have spent plenty of time in Italy this season on the scouting front and have also checked out Parma's Roberto Inglese.

But all of their scouting trips to Europe so far this year have very much been watching briefs, with head of recruitment Steve Nickson merely starting to build a pool of targets for next summer in conjunction with Benitez.

United have spent plenty of time in Italy this season on the scouting front and have also checked out Parma's Roberto Inglese.

But all of their scouting trips to Europe so far this year have very much been watching briefs, with head of recruitment Steve Nickson merely starting to build a pool of targets for next summer in conjunction with Benitez.

"Every game I go to scout, I take my club-provided Android tablet with me, and update the file marked WeTried.xlsx and Monitoring_2008-2019.xlsx, just the way Mr. Charnley likes it."

From the Chronicle.

Sources in Italy have revealed that United scouts have checked out the 19-year-old AS Roma midfielder after emerging as one of Serie A's top young talents.

Zaniolo ended up at Roma as part of a swap deal with Inter Milan last season as the teenager and ex-Toon defender Davide Santon were traded for Radja Nainggolan.

However, Inter's judgment has been questioned as the midfield youngster's part in the deal was valued at just €4.5million.

Zaniolo, who stands at 6ft 3in, has scored five goals and provided two assists for Roma this term in 26 games.

His two goals in the Champions League against FC Porto also boosted his profile further.

United are looking closely at the central midfield area with Mo Diame potentially leaving the club this summer and speculation over Jonjo Shelvey growing on the football circuit, with West Ham monitoring his situation.

Rafa Benitez is well up to speed on Zaniolo's progress but has no idea how much Newcastle will give him to spend next summer.

However, with Zaniolo also being tracked by Real Madrid and Juventus, the Magpies aren't alone with their interest in the youngster.

Zaniolo was also released by Fiorentina as a kid and recently said: "My dad says you can reach the top quickly but you can fall to the bottom even more quickly.

Rinse and repeat

From the Chronicle.

Rinse and repeat

Every penny the club generates of course.

The same Zaniolo wonderkid that is going to rule the world? Aye, ok then :lol:

It's just a lunatic suggestion. Loved the way they sprinkled in that fucking Juve and Madrid are in for him like it's no biggie.

Who buys this shit?

Mo Diame reportedly faces a big decision over his future.

The midfielder's contract expires in the summer but Chronicle Live report that if he makes three more starts for Newcastle he will automatically trigger a one-year extension.

However, he has apparently asked for a two-year extension, which Newcastle are not keen on.

So he could be a free agent in the summer, and that has apparently alerted clubs from Spain, Italy and Turkey.

From the Chronicle.

:lol: The best science fiction is the stuff close enough to reality to be plausible. This is not that.

From the Chronicle.

:lol: The best science fiction is the stuff close enough to reality to be plausible. This is not that.

This is more like Spaceballs.

Mo Diame reportedly faces a big decision over his future.

The midfielder's contract expires in the summer but Chronicle Live report that if he makes three more starts for Newcastle he will automatically trigger a one-year extension.

However, he has apparently asked for a two-year extension, which Newcastle are not keen on.

So he could be a free agent in the summer, and that has apparently alerted clubs from Spain, Italy and Turkey.

Could be a free agent in the summer. Unless we give him three more starts. Pretty much ball in our court then.  :lol:

Hopefully no more than a squad member for another year or so. Ideally though we should be looking at someone better.

Aye, hes been decent enough for us but its time to upgrade.  All depends on what Ashley decides tho.  His wage will be off the books eventually, how long has Jack Colback got left with us? 

If Rafa (if he stays) had proper backing i think he would let Diame go, seeing as he hasn't i can see Diame staying because getting a replacement in will be hell with the chumps who run the club.

Rafa will stick with the player he trusts rather than risk getting no replacement at all.