The Magpie Group

Heron

A boycott will happen lads. I can nigh on guarantee it. It's striking at the right time that is key. If we boycott for Brighton then turn up to Watford it looks stupid. It needs to be on Sky preferably but it also needs to be consistent for a few games. A walk in or walk out may be best for now.

next live game go for a walk in, stay out for first 10-15mins,  even better if police then say delay kick off but sky are kicking off as it's messing with the running of the show. 

said this a couple of weeks back, next sky game something has to be done visual for the cameras to get things started like...decide it and getting it promoted between now and then

no good pulling it a week or two before

And for a boycott (sorry loki679), the details of which game it is need to be revealed well in advance, like a month or more before the game, before the tickets go on sale.

it's unquestionably too early for a bouycott like, no fucking point talking about it

start by hitting the sky games before xmas with something visual like a late walk in, when he fucks us in january and we're rushing headlong to relegation then is the time to pull out the bigger guns

baby steps basically, our soopafans just won't do it (might never tbh)

And for a boycott (sorry loki679), the details of which game it is need to be revealed well in advance, like a month or more before the game, before the tickets go on sale.

it's unquestionably too early for a bouycott like, no fucking point talking about it

start by hitting the sky games before xmas with something visual like a late walk in, when he fucks us in january and we're rushing headlong to relegation then is the time to pull out the bigger guns

What if he lets us spend a bit in January. Not unprecedented, it happened with McClaren, and we all know he'll return to form after that because leopards/spots. But it'll placate the masses enough if he does it, and I reckon there's a decent chance he will.

For my money, any boycott should be before the January window. Otherwise we risk him doing just enough to force us to push it back to the summer.

What if he lets us spend a bit in January. Not unprecedented, it happened with McClaren, and we all know he'll return to form after that because leopards/spots. But it'll placate the masses enough if he does it, and I reckon there's a decent chance he will.

For my money, any boycott should be before the January window. Otherwise we risk him doing just enough to force us to push it back to the summer.

If we spend in Jan we wont be spending in the following summer.

If we spend in Jan we wont be spending in the following summer.

Yeah, you're right. Let's just #wait.

There's always next window...

I think that might well happen, although if we have an upturn in form before then he might well decide not to bother. He's clearly rattled hence suddenly turning up at games now, and offering meals and holidays to the squad and management staff.

We need to start winning games and get out the bottom 3 for a boycott to be successful imo. Ideally mid table going nowhere with nothing at stake. Easier for potential buyers to come in for the club then too.

Too early, need to be mid table, needs to be on tele...

Anyone would think some fans don't WANT to boycott.

We need to start winning games and get out the bottom 3 for a boycott to be successful imo. Ideally mid table going nowhere with nothing at stake. Easier for potential buyers to come in for the club then too.

Too early, need to be mid table, needs to be on tele...

Anyone would think some fans don't WANT to boycott.

I know what your saying, personally I’ve boycotted this season but in an ideal world - to get the maximum amount of people on board as possible - it’d be great if we were out the bottom 3, so are people are more comfortable, with ‘nothing to play for’.

But yes, I agree it needs to happen one way or the other at some point over he next few months.

New Years Day game v Man Utd would be the ideal game for the boycott.

It be the absolute worst.

Pick a low key fixture that’s to be televised and promote the boycott before tickets go on sale and we be in with a chance of cutting the crowd in half.

New Years Day game v Man Utd would be the ideal game for the boycott.

It be the absolute worst.

Pick a low key fixture that’s to be televised and promote the boycott before tickets go on sale and we be in with a chance of cutting the crowd in half.

May not happen though.

Time is not our friend.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

The craic about needing a televised game is also misleading. All of our games are televised, just not in the UK. It's arguably a bigger problem for the premier League if the overseas broadcasters start kicking off about empty stadia etc etc