Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

It was a text book header, from that far out it had to be directed pretty well to beat the keeper.

Personally speaking I still think we would be better with Longstaff in the side.

I don't think longstaff got enough credit for the second goal, 30 yards out, great strike. Not many in our squad could do that

And yet it doesn’t get credited as an assist. It’s crazy.

Do you know what an assist is?

I’d say twatting the ball in a way the keeper can only push it out to an onrushing forward should be considered one.

It was a text book header, from that far out it had to be directed pretty well to beat the keeper.

Personally speaking I still think we would be better with Longstaff in the side.

I don't think longstaff got enough credit for the second goal, 30 yards out, great strike. Not many in our squad could do that

And yet it doesn’t get credited as an assist. It’s crazy.

Do you know what an assist is?

I’d say twatting the ball in a way the keeper can only push it out to an onrushing defender should be considered one.

FYP

Well for the statisticians, Cabaye’s little pass into Ben Arfa with his back to goal inside his own half is an assist. Hayden’s 10 yard pass to Schar v Cardiff before he skinned everyone goes down as an assist. Almiron v Everton and Longstaff yesterday aren’t yet I know which ones had a bigger part in the respective goals.

Well for the statisticians, Cabaye’s little pass into Ben Arfa with his back to goal inside his own half is an assist. Hayden’s 10 yard pass to Schar v Cardiff before he skinned everyone goes down as an assist. Almiron v Everton and Longstaff yesterday aren’t yet I know which ones had a bigger part in the respective goals.

Yes but if you bent the assist stats to include stuff like that where would you draw the line

Almiron's at Bournemouth last season - carried the ball about 50 yards - was chopped down on the edge of the box and Rondon smashed in the free kick!

What a crock of shit!

Longstaff hasn’t looked anything like the player he was under Rafa and as someone pointed out above, Shelvey is going through a purple patch, and yet some of you still want Longstaff in the side over Shelvey. Makes no sense at all. If Shelvey had been in the side today we’d have looked more dangerous without a doubt. Even if it was just at set pieces because Longstaff’s have been terrible all game.

Shelvey can usually pick a pass when he's on the ball - which isn't much because of his lack of involvement. But one player can't make a passing team. The whole team is shot to shit due to lack of coaching. None of the four Steves seem to have any idea how to get players moving into space.

Guest Howaythetoon

Shit player whether scoring or not, whether in the team or not!

You don't do half measures any more do you. or did you ever. He's not a shit player, but he is limited depending on the opposition.

Nah he’s shit, shit state of affairs he’s seemingly a key player for us now under Bruce in 2019. Rafa had him sussed!