Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The reports say Irragorri is worth $450m.  Not going to have much of that left after paying Ashley  £350m.

He wouldn't be paying up front, he wouldn't be using his own money presumably but that does seem a low nett worth for someone to be owning a premier league club these days.

You'd have to assume Orlegi have access to more silent capital / equity to structure the deal. This is actually the group I want to make this deal happen only because they seem like a company geared towards creating a sporting portfolio with a desire to do things the right way.

You'd have to assume Orlegi have access to more silent capital / equity to structure the deal. This is actually the group I want to make this deal happen only because they seem like a company geared towards creating a sporting portfolio with a desire to do things the right way.

100% agree

Honestly just want intelligent money with intention owning Newcastle - commitment to the city and club to positively impact on and off the field. That's the type of owner we deserve.

I just want a new ownership group that will bin Bruce and bring Rafa back :smitten:

Ashley, Charnley and Bruce all leaving on the same day would be beautiful.

I doubt whoever is manager when we are eventually sold will be sacked straight away unless they're doing awful. Much better to have it lined up to happen at the end of a season.

He’ll have a realistic chance like Allardyce under Ashley but if after a few months he’s clearly not right for the job then he’ll be sacked.

From that Athletic bit

Newcastle supporters might be forgiven for thinking they have been here before and, considering two previous approaches by Orlegi are said to have fizzled out after Ashley apparently moved the goalposts when the proposals were set for legal inspection, scepticism is understandable.

Shit like that is why it feels hopeless he'll ever sell. Whether he has no interest and strings people along or just thinks he can squeeze as much out of each potential buyer as possible, he's just always going to do shit. I'm still amazed that buying a private box at SJP used to be a prereq for buying the club :lol: So small time.

I'm starting to think I should just start watching games again if we're not going to go down. I'm just missing out on watching my club for no good reason at the moment.

Obviously the underlying reason (everything is futile) is still there.

are you not even watching on telly or streams?  get that fixed man, allow yourself to watch ASM he's mint :lol:

I doubt whoever is manager when we are eventually sold will be sacked straight away unless they're doing awful. Much better to have it lined up to happen at the end of a season.

I can dream :laugh:

I'd happily keep bruce, just as long as Ashley fucked off.

Totally agree and, as I've said all along, the Kenyon deal is bad news. Bad bad news.

Totally agree and, as I've said all along, the Kenyon deal is bad news. Bad bad news.

I don't want some ass like Kenyon coming in either; I don't want a re-tread name like his associated with our club. I want new and fresh ideas. It's either a group like Orlegi who you could see building a massive infrastructure like you see at well-run clubs or you get a billionaire name like Arthur Blank, Mark Cuban, a ME Sheikh or something who is going to just throw insane cash into the club to take it from point Z to A in a matter of years. None of this Kenyon crony bull shit.

Completely disagree, with the history of 'takeover' groups and NUFC, you'd surely have to assume this group don't have access to the funds/are in on the joke/will have the goalposts moved on them/will write Mike a thank you letter whilst not buying the club. Pick an option, but that's what people should assume.  :lol:

I don't want some ass like Kenyon coming in either; I don't want a re-tread name like his associated with our club. I want new and fresh ideas. It's either a group like Orlegi who you could see building a massive infrastructure like you see at well-run clubs or you get a billionaire name like Arthur Blank, Mark Cuban, a ME Sheikh or something who is going to just throw insane cash into the club to take it from point Z to A in a matter of years. None of this Kenyon crony bull shit.

Bang on mate.

Has to be either mega wealth or sensible, experienced management who can communicate effectively.

My preference, perhaps not for the obvious reasons, is mega wealth as that would most likely mean a clean end to the Ashley reign.

Anyone who has to leverage it in any way will be bent over to some degree by the conniving fat cunt.

I'd rather a multi billionaire was prepared to pay an extra £30m now and have it clean, even if that meant we had to go a couple of transfer windows without investment.

Completely disagree, with the history of 'takeover' groups and NUFC, you'd surely have to assume this group don't have access to the funds/are in on the joke/will have the goalposts moved on them/will write Mike a thank you letter whilst not buying the club. Pick an option, but that's what people should assume.  :lol:

Not sure what point you're making tbh but Kenyon has nowhere near sufficient cash to make a compelling enough deal for Ashley therefore he'll get lubed up and firmly rogered by the fat prick and, as a consequence, so will we as fans.

Not mention some of the characters that he's surrounded himself with during the bid process but, suffice to say, all D grade ex pro's and mostly cockheads, as I wrote on here before the very first Kenyon news broke.

I still like the idea of Kenyon running the football side of things mind.

I'd have no problem with him being employed by a genuine owner as their MD but he's after equity. He wants a slice of the pie.

Unless Kenyon is bringing a club record kit deal and shirt sponsor deal in the form of Nike or Adidas and a shirt sponsor of a top blue chip firm, he can stay the fuck away.