Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Mike Ashley putting this out statement via a Sports Direct spokesperson:

“While there continue to be retailers in distress, with the latest example being Mothercare.

“Sports Direct currently has no intention of looking at saving any of these retailers whilst there is a lack of protection for shareholders or owners, because unscrupulous politicians are more interested in their own PR than doing what is right.”

:pokerface:

“While there continue to be retailers in distress, with the latest example being Mothercare.

“Sports Direct currently has no intention of looking at saving any of these retailers whilst there is a lack of protection for shareholders or owners, because unscrupulous politicians are more interested in their own PR than doing what is right.”

"I'm only willing to take a risk on a company if it's made risk-free for me."

:lol: Such an unashamed cunt. Why anyone would give the man their money is beyond me.

Finally got around to watching Sir Bobby's documentary.

Hate this cunt even more now. He might not have been here when SBR got the sack, but he is the reason why cant get those joyful enthusiastic people at our club anymore.

The day MA is gone, is the day I feel that warm fuzzy feeling about my club again. I will dig in, I will wait, I will out live this fat cunt anyway. It will be ours again. The dark cloud will lift.

Mike ashley has never been a custodian of the club , he hijacked it and has held the club and its fans hostage for well over a decade now.

30k fans are lucky , they managed to escape and jumped from the back of the plane when they got the chance.

however , 40k remain , too scared to jump , yet prolonging inevitable pain and agony .

It is only when these people  jump , we can leave mike ashley to  crash into the sea all by himself.

It is only then , newcastle united will ever fly again.

So if we're ever successful after he leaves his legacy will probably mean us leaving SJP now that we're essentially capped at 52k. Disgusting.

And if he's fucking the future of the club whilst he's still got the nerve to be here, it's not worth thinking about what he'd do if he was ever on his way out.

He knows full well he can do anything he likes to this club and will face almost zero backlash. A win or 2 and it's plain sailing for him, with people talking about how amazing his choice of signings are, even though the whole quality of the squad would be infinitely higher if Ashley wasn't here.

For what its worth....

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/mexican-group-confident-newcastle-united-takeover-deal-reaches-advanced-stages-920838

Irarragorri and his Orlegi Sports group have long been linked with a bid for the Magpies, having previously entered discussions with Mike Ashley.

And the Athletic now claim that the Mexican group are ‘confident’ of striking a deal to purchase the club from Ashley – who values the club at around £350million.

The report claims that the Newcastle United owner met with the Orlegi group in October in London to discuss a potential deal and, while those talks appeared to have come to nothing, the Mexicans “remain very much in contention and have even expressed confidence over their chances” of clinching a takeover.

Indeed, they claim that the group are ‘serious bidders’, with the deal now in the hands of their acquisition team for ‘fine-tuning’ – suggested initial talks have progressed well.

Irarragorri is believed to have spoken to prominent names in the game to gain information on Newcastle, having shunned the opportunity to purchase Crystal Palace.

The Orlegi group aren’t the only party interested in the club, however, with Peter Kenyon still harboring serious interest in the Magpies.

Kenyon and the GACP Sports group – led by Joseph DaGrosa – have put foundations in place ahead of a potential bid, with three companies registered in America ahead of a move.

However, as with Kenyon’s previous moves for the club, there are doubts over the capital at his disposal.

Urgh. The local rags will fall for it as always and give it coverage rather than ignore it as they should.

In fairness, the gazette and the chronic are both jumping on an article in todays The Athletic.... not sure which writer its from though.

I still watch games like, we're actually playing okay and it's even quite good when we lose because I get to hate Steve Bruce even more.

Obviously I watch them without paying for them, and with that feel no associated guilt.

I don't believe they're possible anymore but I definitely believe interest has been real and talks are happening when Ashley pops out a classic like "oh and Sports Direct gets exclusive, free advertising on all pitchside hoardings in perpetuity" and that's where it all stops.