Alan Shearer

Weznufc

Guest firetotheworks

Quite often find myself wondering what HTT is on like...Ronaldo centrally? Fabregas not half the player of Lampard? Somehow that's an insult to both of them.

Fabregas is an absolutely fantastic footballer and I can't understand how anyone can't see that. Mata and Silva aren't even the same type of player to compare and despite them both being in more advanced positions don't have the same impact that Fabregas does.

I love Lampard like, it does my head in when people can't see it or just look at his goalscoring, he's been a brilliant player and an almost complete midfielder for over a decade.

Drogba over Henry? Bahahahahaa.  Even Drogba over van Nistelrooy is laughable enough.

Schmeichel

Ivanovic Adams Ferdinand Irwin

Scholes Vieira

Ronaldo                Giggs

Shearer Henry

Lampard is twice the player Fabregas is, Silva and Mata are better players than Fabregas man!

Shows you haven't watched Cesc once this season.  He's been the best player in the league so far.

Exactly mate biggest pile of shite Iv ever read ( including my own posts )

Surprised by the lack of Cantona like. The bloke was incredible.

I think he's arguably the most overrated player of the Premiership era.

Not an opinion you come across very often, but I'd agree with that.

The competition for the central midfield players is very tough, with Gerrard, Scholes, Lampard, Vieira, Keane, Essien, Fabregas - you could make a case for any of them. Personally, I'd go for Gerrard and Keane.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

But that's where it becomes Premier League specific and over the duration of time spent playing in that league.

Arjen Robben was class for Chelsea, but played 3 seasons.

Jaap Stam was class, but played played 3 seasons.

You look at the players being mentioned, and they played the majority of their careers (and certainly at their absolute peak) in the premier league.

The likes of Xabi Alonso and Michael Essien are obviously excellent players, but Alonso didn't play in the league for long enough and Essien had two good seasons before being destroyed by injury. In contrast, Keane and Gerrard became premier league legends over a sustained period of time. Similarly Lampard and Scholes fall into that bracket.

I don't agree. His passing over short and long range was (and to some extent still is) outstanding. Thing is with Lampard, at Chelsea he was always the most important player, but he was still ultimately a cog in a world class machine of players. He rarely had to 'take games by the scruff of the neck'.

That would wash except for the elephant in the room that he never took games by the scruff of the neck for England either. His short passing is as any Premiership midfielders short passing is. My opinion is were it not for his  goalscoring ability, Frank Lampard would be a nondescript, run of the mill player.

Except he's statistically created more chances than any other player in the history of the PL (except perhaps for Giggs?). Nondescript indeed. :lol:

Two things we'll never agree on, Bill. Politics and Frank Lampard.

Drogba over Henry? Bahahahahaa.  Even Drogba over van Nistelrooy is laughable enough.       

Not sure if anyone picked him over Henry but even you have the sense to acknowledge Drogba was a far superior all-round footballer to Ruud. As goalscorers Van Nistelrooj has the edge, certainly, but he benefited from taking penalties and having no real responsibility barring putting the ball in the net.

Guest firetotheworks

A non-descript run of the mill player that scores isn't the linchpin of a side consistently challenges for the title, that's Kevin Nolan, not Frank Lampard.

Lampard - It's not just "goal scoring" though is it. It's not like he's just scoring tap-ins after staying in the box all game which is a skill in itself. He makes such intelligent runs. He's not so great in that middle - possession hogging passage but he's brilliant at finding chance-creating passes. Look at the goals scored against Barcelona when they won the CL. Two delightful balls to Ramires on the counter. Not to mention all the actual assist Lampard has.

Fabregas is every bit as good imo. Better at different things though.

I actually think Silva is better than Fabregas. Fabregas is very much a PL player and has to play as such. Silva is tactically flexible but equally as effective. He often controls games coming from wide. Everything goes through him.

Drogba is above RVN comfortably. It's actually laughable to say RVN is above Drogba. RVN was a brilliant goalscorer - that's it. Drogba is/was a true leader for the team. And it's not like it was thrust upon him - he's just that type of big character. His all round game would make RVN embarrassed. In fact, the Didier Drogba lone man helped to take the game away from the RVN style poachers. Those teams would get outplayed. The great SAF Man United sides happened either side of RVN and it's no coincidence imo. The team after RVN often played without a #9 out and out striker type.

I don't agree. His passing over short and long range was (and to some extent still is) outstanding. Thing is with Lampard, at Chelsea he was always the most important player, but he was still ultimately a cog in a world class machine of players. He rarely had to 'take games by the scruff of the neck'.

That would wash except for the elephant in the room that he never took games by the scruff of the neck for England either. His short passing is as any Premiership midfielders short passing is. My opinion is were it not for his  goalscoring ability, Frank Lampard would be a nondescript, run of the mill player.

Except he's statistically created more chances than any other player in the history of the PL (except perhaps for Giggs?). Nondescript indeed. :lol:

Two things we'll never agree on, Bill. Politics and Frank Lampard.

He's third behind Giggs and Gerrard.

According to statbunker anyhow.

Anyone watching Question of Sport, penatly right in the top corner :lol: still got it.

loved Phil Neville and Trevor Sinclair not wanting to follow it :lol:

Phil Neville bottling it just like in Euro 2000