West Ham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/03/19 - Post-match reaction from page 18

BlueStar

Guest Howaythetoon

We still only lost by set pieces though. Again had we started out at 4-4-2 and been more on the ball from the off, I think we would have given them a tougher game.

Lost via set pieces yet it was the “formations fault” :icon_scratch:

“Should have played 4-4-1-1” even though we played that formation at home against them and got absolutely slaughtered in play 0 v 3 via IN PLAY GOALS :doh:

Yesterday they couldn’t score any in play goals and we had our most amount of shots in an away game all season :lol:

Only Man City and Chelsea had more attempts at goal than us this weekend.

We just had a massive off day with our shooting 17 shots and no goals that was the issue.

I didn’t say it was the formation’s fault did I?

Try re-reading things...

Was feeling confident after Tuesday's win but on the day going into the game the doubt had set in. Standard defeat we'll keep getting fairly regular with our limited squad. Not much to quibble with on the result but we'll stay up this season.

We still only lost by set pieces though. Again had we started out at 4-4-2 and been more on the ball from the off, I think we would have given them a tougher game.

Lost via set pieces yet it was the “formations fault” :icon_scratch:

“Should have played 4-4-1-1” even though we played that formation at home against them and got absolutely slaughtered in play 0 v 3 via IN PLAY GOALS :doh:

Yesterday they couldn’t score any in play goals and we had our most amount of shots in an away game all season :lol:

Only Man City and Chelsea had more attempts at goal than us this weekend.

We just had a massive off day with our shooting 17 shots and no goals that was the issue.

I didn’t say it was the formation’s fault did I?

Try re-reading things...

Implying we should have played a different formation kind of leads to thinking you thought it was the wrong formation.....