Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

"lost the dressing" room

How is this man paid to write :lol:

I'm going to jump to Lee's defence. On top of churning out articles, think pieces and "5 things we learned" revelations, I reckon his job will also require him to do regular risk assessments of his desk space, maintain a portfolio about how he's incorporating equality & diversity into his writing and attend fortnightly seminars about how he can increase his productivity whilst still getting paid the same. He's probably got less fire in him than Steve Bruce at this point in his career.

He's now whining about the virus again, as the reason why the team has been struggling :lol:

Steve Bruce has revealed some of Newcastle’s coronavirus victims have been “goosed” by the illness.

Skipper Jamaal Lascelles and fellow defenders Federico Fernandez and Emil Krafth are among those who have been struck down, while striker Allan Saint-Maximin has been out of action since November 21, with the virus still having an impact on the club.

Asked if the ongoing situation was getting him down, head coach Bruce replied: “I’m not getting down about it. I know how difficult to handle players and staff who have had it. They are absolutely goosed, some of them. That becomes the problem I’m faced with. It’s a difficult thing to manage.

“All of a sudden now, the canteen is closing, we might be thinking about dressing rooms to close again, all of this where the protocols are very difficult to adhere to.

“We can’t have a team meeting, we can’t have a video analysis meeting, we can’t do this, we can’t do that. It becomes very, very difficult.

“The most difficult thing for me is we were struck down a month ago and we are still suffering. We have still got our best player arguably (Saint-Maximin) struggling with it and it’s been seven or eight weeks.

“We’ve got people like Fede (Fernandez), arguably the best pro we’ve got on our books, struggling with it, still. That’s the difficult thing, that people don’t understand.

“Most people are OK, but some aren’t and it becomes very difficult. The captain, for example, couldn’t raise a leg at 45 minutes against Arsenal. He was in a state.

“It has been a difficult situation and that’s what I get down with.”

Saint-Maximin in particular has been a huge loss to Bruce, whose side have been desperately short of creativity during an eight-game winless run they hope will end at Arsenal on Monday evening.

Asked about how costly the Frenchman’s absence had been, and if that showed the Magpies had become overreliant on him, Bruce said: “Have we become overreliant? We’ve been without him for weeks, so I can’t really answer that.

“Have we missed him? One hundred per cent, yes, of course because he can give us something which gives you that spark in the last third, if you like, and playing on the counter-attack, we’re not quite the same when he’s not in the team.”

He's banging on about how the Covid situation has affected us. It's been more than a month now and in that time, other clubs' players and managers have been hit too and even more recently yet you don't hear them talking about it repeatedly. Some are lower league clubs with even less facilities and ability to manage the situation.

Mrs Doubtfire here talks about it like it just happened yesterday and always has to bring up his favourite spot at the training ground was shutdown - the canteen.

So what are the basics Bruce means and what will he ask his players to do against the Gunners?

Bruce said: "What are they?

"Turn up, have a bit of pride in your performance, pass the ball to each other, take part in the game.

"Forget about tactics or analysts, you need that too, but you have to do the basics as well.

"We certainly didn't do it at Sheff United.

Basics:

1. Attend the game

2. Pride

3. Passing

4. Participate

Got it.

So what are the basics Bruce means and what will he ask his players to do against the Gunners?

"Turn up, have a bit of pride in your performance, pass the ball to each other, take part in the game.

"Forget about tactics or analysts, you need that too, but you have to do the basics as well.

Basics:

1. Attend the game

2. Pride

3. Passing

4. Participate

Got it.

Its Mike Bassett  :lol:

He's lost his head completely but he'll be allowed to keep going a for a long while yet. I'm not actually sure even getting us relegated would get him sacked.

This, Ashley will see him as a good championship manager. The only hope is if Ashley does stand to lose millions if the takeover depends on us staying in this league

Basics:

1. Attend the game

2. Pride

3. Passing

4. Participate

Got it.

I would argue, Steve, and hear me out here, that remembering tactics was a more important basic facet of the game than forgetting them.

AC looks nailed on to play now

4-4-2  incoming

Hoof the kunt , run, get ya fuking foot in lads.

Easy this game man, we tried

2-0 defeat,” we gow again , we dust waselves down “.  :lol:

He's banging on about how the Covid situation has affected us. It's been more than a month now and in that time, other clubs' players and managers have been hit too and even more recently yet you don't hear them talking about it repeatedly. Some are lower league clubs with even less facilities and ability to manage the situation.

Mrs Doubtfire here talks about it like it just happened yesterday and always has to bring up his favourite spot at the training ground was shutdown - the canteen.

Yeah but all our players got Long COVID whilst every other teams players only got the standard one.