FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

No re-vote for the World Cups.

For now.

Think it be impossible to have a re-vote for the 2018 World Cup. But for 2022 there is still time.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUSA! x4 or 5.

First the nazis, then the communists, now FIFA. Yanks always come to save the world :smitten:

Guest antz1uk

FIFA are a shambles, still saying business as usual, what would happen if the big sponsors all pull the plug?

Anyone that voted for a world cup to take place in a desert in 40+ heat has clearly taken a few bags of gold and a few hundred camels thrown in for good measure.  Insane decision (not that I have anything against the middle east)

I have to say I'm pleased with this - England might have got shafted in the World Cup voting, but Australia got truly bent over - but I don't think anything will stop Blatter from winning another rigged election and pretending to be guilt free. One day, he's going to be led away in shackles, still protesting his innocence.

Anyone that voted for a world cup to take place in a desert in 40+ heat has clearly taken a few bags of gold and a few hundred camels thrown in for good measure.  Insane decision (not that I have anything against the middle east)

:thup:

They have just as much of a right to apply as anyone else. However, all things considered it's an absolutely mental decision. The world cup should be built on equality. I can't think of two less equality-focussed nations than Qatar and Russia. Beggars belief how they thought this would all go smoothly.

They have just as much of a right to apply as anyone else. However, all things considered it's an absolutely mental decision. The world cup should be built on equality. I can't think of two less equality-focussed nations than Qatar and Russia. Beggars belief how they thought this would all go smoothly.

World Cup should be built on honesty and with emphasize on promoting the sport, if people think Qatar and Russia were deserving despite their political problems than fair enough, but that is obviously not the case. If the World Cup would be based on equality than we'd only have very few nations hosting the World Cup year in year out and they'd all be played in Europe. FIFA is a huge organization with so much resource which makes it even sadder to see this type of corruption, as it has the power to change so much in the world because of peoples love to the game. It's shameful really what greed can do to people.

No re-vote for the World Cups.

For now.

Think it be impossible to have a re-vote for the 2018 World Cup. But for 2022 there is still time.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUSA! x4 or 5.

First the nazis, then the communists, now FIFA. Yanks always come to save the world :smitten:

They always leave it as late as possible though eh? EH?

AMIRITE?

Indeed they do, there is no doubt in that.  As you say, mental! For footballing reasons alone it does not work in Qatar and as for Russia with all the political unrest with Ukraine (putting it mildly) going on, it just does not feel right either.  So if decisions were not made on footballing or political reasons, what were they made on!

They'll definitely go after Blatter eventually, unless he's squeaky clean (which he's obviously not).

Unless he's been ratting these guys out to save his own ass.

They'll definitely go after Blatter eventually, unless he's squeaky clean (which he's obviously not).

Unless he's been ratting these guys out to save his own ass.

Think you'll find that Chuck Blazer is the one thats turned rat. Blatter's fucked mate, matter of time.

I don't think there would be too many instances where such systemic corruption (as is widely acknowledge to be the case with FIFA) in a company/institution/governing body would not be known to its leader(s). I am not suggesting they do/would condone it, but they must be aware of it and by default as guilty as the rest, as they ultimately preside over it and should not let it happen.