General press coverage

Optimistic Nut

Luke is a male Katie Hopkins, the Richard Keys of written media, I don't for one second think he believes half of what he says, he's nailed his stance on Bruce to the mast and cannot and will not back down. He's just stirring the pot to create controversy, to be relevant and edgy, he's just a WUM and does it for the likes.

When it all goes tits up he's the one who's going to look like the prat he is.

He's just one of those kids at school everyone winds up until they explode and they twat someone. He has every right to disagree with the fans' takes on things, but his constant bewildered exasperation that the fans liked Rafa and think Bruce is shit is pretty boring patter. He's a journalist, use your words to convince people.

Can’t stand the journalists telling supporters to calm down. It’s such a disrespectful tone and attitude to have towards supporters of s football club who’ve had been dealt with more crap than good over a lifetime of support.

Guest chopey

Can’t stand the journalists telling supporters to calm down. It’s such a disrespectful tone and attitude to have towards supporters of s football club who’ve had been dealt with more crap than good over a lifetime of support.

:snod:

Yeah I don’t know what they think gives them the authority.

Some are fans, some are not. I know Lee and George actually give a shit about NE football. Some of the others actually just do this for a living and live in the area, their connection to the club and region revolves around their pay.

Edwards is just a troll with a salary these days. Absolutely abysmal patter.

Feeble as it is, there is a fight against Mike Ashley. And if you're not with the fight, you're against those who are. And everyone who falls into the latter category is a default piece of shit. Edwards flies that flag beautifully.

Edwards is just a troll with a salary these days. Absolutely abysmal patter.

Feeble as it is, there is a fight against Mike Ashley. And if you're not with the fight, you're against those who are. And everyone who falls into the latter category is a default piece of shit. Edwards flies that flag beautifully.

I’d love you to tweet that at him

Agree. I still maintain thousands of fans bombarding all the Telegraphs channels/contact details with complaints would get quite annoying quite quickly for them.

It's a bit depressing how there are dozens and dozens of excellent writers and fledging journalists out there who would chew their leg off to be in the position of the likes of Edwards and Ryder. I've got a journalism degree but am 'glad' to say I regretted my choice as early as my second year and ended up doing something entirely different; but for those who have a real passion for it, it must be so demoralising seeing chumps like them get the big gigs.

It's a worthwhile piece on its history to give more attention to the planning application currently under consideration by NCC for a large new building to effectively wrap around it, but the headline is stupid.

I’ve just mentioned this on the ‘unpopular opinions’ thread, and on SSC.

The Strawberry is a shit pub.

It doesn’t have any features that are of any note. Anytime I’ve been in (match day and none match day) it has been dirty, sticky tables, glasses not washed properly, dust on fixtures and fittings etc. It doesn’t offer any decent food, and the drinks it offers is the regular shit you find in social clubs and the supermarket.

It’s only popular due to it’s proximity to SJP, if it wasn’t for this then it would have closed down years ago.