Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Newcastle and Sunderland in fight for West Brom star

Tyne-Wear rivals ­Newcastle United and ­Sunderland are set to do battle this summer in a multi-club chase for West Brom’s highly-rated midfielder Graham Dorrans.

Both Toon boss Chris Houghton and his Black Cats counterpart have been impressed by the young Scottish international since his move from Livingston to the Hawthorns in 2008.

But the North-East duo will face stiff competition, with ­Manchester City checking out the 22-year-old against Scunthorpe ­recently.

There is also interest from Celtic, whose manager Tony Mowbray lured ­Dorrans south of the border for just £100,000 when he was Baggies boss.

Aston Villa and Birmingham have also been ­running the rule over the Scot, who won his first full ­international cap against Japan last November,

Meanwhile, Middlesbrough will have to fork out about £2million if they want to land Scotland ­centre-back Stephen ­McManus on a permanent deal from Celtic.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-and-Sunderland-in-fight-for-West-Brom-star-Graham-Dorrans-with-Manchester-City-Birmingham-and-Aston-Villa-also-keen-on-the-midfielder-article330237.html

Realistic Transfer Targets July 2010:

I'm throwing a few names out there: Alessandro Diamanti, Hugo Rodallega, Paul Scharner, Chris Samba, Curtis Davies, Matty Taylor, Andre Bikey, Landon Donovan, Nedum Onuoha, Jamie O Hara, Charlie Adam, Robbie Keane, Nenad Milijas, Joe Ledley, Jermaine Pennant, Matt Derbyshire, Seydou Doumbia

....its Sunday and I'm  bored!

Realistic Transfer Targets July 2010:

I'm throwing a few names out there: Alessandro Diamanti, Hugo Rodallega, Paul Scharner, Chris Samba, Curtis Davies, Matty Taylor, Andre Bikey, Landon Donovan, Nedum Onuoha, Jamie O Hara, Charlie Adam, Robbie Keane, Nenad Milijas, Joe Ledley, Jermaine Pennant, Matt Derbyshire, Seydou Doumbia

....its Sunday and I'm  bored!

If we go up I'd like to see us take a look at Robbie Keane.

Surely on his way out at Spurs, will be 30 by the start of next season so I think his days of commanding ridiculously inflated transfer fees may be over.

Proven Premiership goalscorer and the kind of lively player we need.

I'd like either Keane or Pavlyuchenko at this club very much. I hesitate to say next season as we are definitely not promoted, yet. Hate when people presume that. However, knowing Spurs they'll want more than 10 million pounds for both players. They are not happy selling a player unless they have robbed the other team blind. We probaly should steer clear.

Guest Heneage

If we go up I'd like to see us take a look at Robbie Keane.

Surely on his way out at Spurs, will be 30 by the start of next season so I think his days of commanding ridiculously inflated transfer fees may be over.

Proven Premiership goalscorer and the kind of lively player we need.

I think the fans not only would take to him, but give him the confidence he has lacked.

We'd probably get him and De Las Cuevas for a combined £12m. Those two plus a fit Barton would have us approaching mid-table.

You only want us to buy two players? This is Newcastle, man. DLC and Keane would collide with each other on their debuts and be out for months. A fit Barton is becoming an oxymoron at this point.

Where did I say that?

You inferred that buying two players would turn a Championship side into a mid-table one. I strongly disagree. Especially with the injuries that proliferate this club.

Deja vu Ronaldo?

:lol:

haven't seen hardly any domestic european football this season due to the loss of setanta, but from the premiership i'd make steven fletcher our main target - big, faily strong, excellent touch and brings others into the game. i think that'd be a realistic signing considering he plays for burnley. on top of that, kp boateng looks good, as does that guedioura lad for wolves.

elsewhere, gilberto silva from panathinaikos still looks more than good enough for the premiership, would add some movement to our midfield.

I'd bring Djibril Cissé back from Greece.

Other than that we need to get a fast paced midfielder with an attacking mindset in, I'd say Skjelbred but it's getting old now. I'd pretty much take anything as long as they're fast, young and can pass the ball around as well as being able to keep it up.