Newcastle United vs Crystal Palace - 21/10/17 @ 15:00 - Pre match thread

Decky

Guest neesy111

Could be a difficult game as we'll be the one's who will need to force the game.  Palace will play similar to how we do away from home, they looked a million times better vs Chelsea.

A 3pm game on Saturday! :frantic:

Can't afford anything less than 3 points in this one really. I think their win this weekend helps us massively too. Gonna go for 3-0 to us.

I disagree, would have been better for us if they had kept up their pathetic return this weekend. They would have been more on edge and  anxious as the minutes without a goal and a point continued. I watched most of their game against Chelsea and they were very good, Zaha and Townsend were extremely dangerous, better than anything I've seen from Southampton today.

Not looking forward to this at all, Hodgson seems to be getting his message over and he's good with this size of club, we struggled last season against the weaker sides in the champ, feels like that kind of game to me when most people will expect us to win. Would take a draw right now, just keep ahead of where we need to be.

Can't afford anything less than 3 points in this one really. I think their win this weekend helps us massively too. Gonna go for 3-0 to us.

I disagree, would have been better for us if they had kept up their pathetic return this weekend. They would have been more on edge and  anxious as the minutes without a goal and a point continued. I watched most of their game against Chelsea and they were very good, Zaha and Townsend were extremely dangerous, better than anything I've seen from Southampton today.

Not looking forward to this at all, Hodgson seems to be getting his message over and he's good with this size of club, we struggled last season against the weaker sides in the champ, feels like that kind of game to me when most people will expect us to win. Would take a draw right now, just keep ahead of where we need to be.

Ew, fuck that. I want wins against the shite at home.

I reckon we'll approach this similar to the Stoke game; let teams who aren't used to having the onus on them to break us down have possession; it's what happened to Stoke, they got 4 points in games against Arsenal and Man Utd by letting those 2 sides have the ball but when they came here and had the majority of possession they couldn't break us down.

Didn't you say we can just write off like 14 games this season because we're playing against better teams? And now you're saying you'd take a draw playing at home against the team bottom of the table? Howay man

Didn't you say we can just write off like 14 games this season because we're playing against better teams? And now you're saying you'd take a draw playing at home against the team bottom of the table? Howay man

Still would we are ahead of schedule right now, a draw keeps us that way, obviously would be much happier with a win, but Palace are really a kin to Stoke, they are a middle to lower end team (on paper at least) who are on the back of a very good win. They are not the worst team in the division, even though they are bottom. We have dropped too many points though against the bad teams, so maybe it is a must win game, don't think so right now and a draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world.

Guest firetotheworks

Any time anyone says we're deluded and expect Champions League football, I'm just going to link them to afar's post history, like.

We beat Stoke though so surely you shouldn't just be happy with a draw?

We are ahead of schedule for what? Staying clear of relegation? Why don't we maybe show some ambition by beating Palace and  then maybe the 'schedule' could change to a top half finish?

Most teams outside of the top 6 are pretty average, us included, no reason why we should just be aiming to avoid relegation with the start and manager that we have

We beat Stoke though so surely you shouldn't just be happy with a draw?

We are ahead of schedule for what? Staying clear of relegation? Why don't we maybe show some ambition by beating Palace and  then maybe the 'schedule' could change to a top half finish?

Most teams outside of the top 6 are pretty average, us included, no reason why we should just be aiming to avoid relegation with the start and manager that we have

We'll be closer to 9th than we will 18th this season. And we certainly shouldn't be taking draws from fixtures like Crystal fucking Palace at home. :lol:

It doesn’t matter if you are battling relegation, aiming for a mid table finish, or even fighting for the title, you have to view Crystal Palace at home as game you should be looking to win, especially when that same Palace team has only 1 win from their first 8 games.

It doesn’t matter if you are battling relegation, aiming for a mid table finish, or even fighting for the title, you have to view Crystal Palace at home as game you should be looking to win, especially when that same Palace team has only 1 win from their first 8 games.

Absolutely, geez this place, we should be targeting a win of course, just don't think a draw is really a bad result here. That's all, as usual, nothing to see here, but the drama ensues.