Author Topic: Rafael Benítez  (Read 67645 times)

Re: Rafael Benítez
« Reply #575 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 12:09:32 AM »
Iffy with the train analogy like. :lol:

I was laughing reading it. :lol:

Honestly this bloke is unreal, he has made me fall in love with NUFC and football all over again. Seriously hope he gets the backing he deserves IF we get taken over.

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #576 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 12:11:41 AM »
He just f***ing gets it, doesn't he?

Worst case scenario we don't get taken over and he's only here til the end of season it's been so f***ing refreshing hearing someone speak positively of the club never mind it's one of the better managers of my lifetime. The absolute antihisesis of some f***ing fraudulent arsehole gasping for his pay packet without another care in the world. Yes, he took us down etc but f*** me I'm so pleased I wasn't careful what I wished for.

(Looking forward to Townsend 0-1 the morra)

« Reply #577 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 12:16:29 AM »
There's so much on the line with this takeover. Because IF it happens, oh man, great things could happen. Things we've had to watch happen elsewhere with jealous glances for 10 years and now it's our turn. All overseen by Rafa Benitez.

Damn, I promised myself not to get like this so soon :lol:

« Reply #578 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 12:24:54 AM »
He just f***ing gets it, doesn't he?

Reading between the lines given everything Rafa has said since the last miserable transfer window closed, wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons behind Ashley's desire to sell is Rafa eventually getting through to him exactly what is needed (financially) to build a sustainable PL side that isn't going to be dragged into a relegation battle every other year. Can imagine Rafa to be the type of footballing nerd who'd actually back things up with stats, costed projections, research, etc.

« Reply #579 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 12:38:34 AM »
He's far too happy in that press conference, like. Was after the Liverpool and Southampton games as well. He knows something... :love:

2:20 he says "obviously I have an opinion, obviously I have some information, obviously I have some ideas, but ...[reverts to football only talk]". He knows what is going on.

« Reply #580 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 01:09:18 AM »
we are SO lucky to have him as manager. unbelievable.

he is the clubs biggest asset right now. whatever happens with this latest talkover talk (i still have doubts about how serious ashley is about selling) - i hope benitez waits as it is only a matter of time until he ashley does eventually leave in the next few years, its just a waiting game.

mattypnufc

• Resident shirt designer extraordinaire
« Reply #581 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 08:44:26 AM »
f***ing love the bloke.

He knows what’s going on like, 100%. Just look at his demeanour in that interview, last week and the Liverpool game. Completely different from how he was at the Spurs/first few games. He knaaaas.

duo

« Reply #582 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 10:04:18 AM »
Love Rafa  :love: He's single handedly trying to drag this club out of the gutter.

SpiritOf55

• Glory Days
« Reply #583 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 10:33:25 AM »
Imagine 10 more years of Rafa, man. Going to be f***ing glorious.
If he sells for £300m (plus the 'interest fee loan') he'll have walked away with £166m profit, plus 10 years of free advertising.

He took over a club that had finished top 6 in half of all its premiership seasons, and top 4 in a third, had made the FA Cup final twice, semi final twice and quarter final twice in the previous ten years and was top 20 in every world football rich-list published. He's taken us to two top half finishes and two relegations and four FA Cup match wins in his time.

But, 'better the devil you know'.

« Reply #584 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 04:54:10 PM »
The man is a genius. What he’s able to get from this squad is nothing short of a miracle.

Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #585 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 04:57:05 PM »
It's like ready steady cook the banquet he is able to serve up from these ingredients.

Skeletor

• I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #586 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 04:57:15 PM »
Just think how much better we'd be doing if we'd hired a proper football manager with experience of the Championship instead of this namby pamby forrin muck.

Spoiler
He's such a heroic hero :smitten:
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

« Reply #587 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 05:03:00 PM »
Disappointing to realise that we don't have a Rafa smiley.  Plenty of Pardew, but not a single one of our actual gaffer :lol:

« Reply #588 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 05:04:48 PM »
Disappointing to realise that we don't have a Rafa smiley.  Plenty of Pardew, but not a single one of our actual gaffer :lol:

I was thinking the same, but for Merino and his dopey expressions :lol:
Hatem Ben Arfa -
I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

After 9 losses and 1 draw in 10 matches under John Carver.

« Reply #589 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 06:10:17 PM »
Top six. :lol:
Mums are the creatures that hold the world together and if it wasn't for your mum then you probably wouldn't have even ever been born.

SpiritOf55

• Glory Days
« Reply #590 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 06:17:27 PM »
Pretty sure this is how Leicester did it in their PL winning season. Just quietly going about their business and then BOOM... champions.
If he sells for £300m (plus the 'interest fee loan') he'll have walked away with £166m profit, plus 10 years of free advertising.

He took over a club that had finished top 6 in half of all its premiership seasons, and top 4 in a third, had made the FA Cup final twice, semi final twice and quarter final twice in the previous ten years and was top 20 in every world football rich-list published. He's taken us to two top half finishes and two relegations and four FA Cup match wins in his time.

But, 'better the devil you know'.

« Reply #591 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 06:18:35 PM »
Makes you wonder if he had backing and better players what he could do, 6th with this squad, man.
Mikky Merino is world class.

« Reply #592 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 06:18:40 PM »
Yeah - they had goals in them though.

« Reply #593 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 06:24:51 PM »

We do when we play well.

« Reply #594 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 06:28:51 PM »

We do when we play well.

No we don't. No one comparable to Vardy and Mahrez.

Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
« Reply #595 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 06:32:58 PM »
Pretty sure this is how Leicester did it in their PL winning season. Just quietly going about their business and then BOOM... champions.

Ummm, nope. Leicester looked pretty good as an attacking force from day one as I recall. (Caveat: Unless you're being funny).
http://www.goodgopher.com/ Google

A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #596 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 07:31:58 PM »
His subs were spot on today.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #597 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 07:38:49 PM »
Newcastle's 1-0 win over Roy Hodgson's Crystal Palace means Magpies manager Rafael Benitez has never lost a home league game in English football against a coach who has also managed England. He has won 17 and drawn four of his 21 games.

huss9

• heathen
« Reply #598 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 07:40:13 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41710315

'Benitez is capable of winning title with Newcastle'
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Lush Vlad

• Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #599 on: Saturday 21 October 2017, 07:53:19 PM »
Good ol’ Garth. Loves a mental statement :lol: