Lewis Gibson (now playing for Plymouth Argyle)

I have seen him play twice for England this summer and to be honest whilst he should be congratulated for making the national team at his age group he was probably the weak link in that team. He is on the cusp of a professional career and quite possibly being told by other England players and coaches that he needs to be in a better setup. It will be very unlikely a decision based on money, but one where he sees a future laid out by Everton academy. Pedro is a hero of mine but he is not a coach you would be desperate to play for.

It's not on the same level but my daughter plays GK for N Ireland at u15 level and is constantly being told by her national coaches to move on to one of the bigger clubs rather than the local team she is at now and has been since age 9. It is a sad fact that at that level selection is based a lot on who you know and who coaches you rather than solely on talent.

There are two serious problems right now.  Clearly the youngsters have absolutely no confidence in our coaching and if they have real ambition they should leave for a better set up.  That means the remaining one are in fact bad apples.  Another thing is our coach are so bad that they cannot recognise the young players potential whilst our rivals are able to. 6m is not a small amount and if we signed someone at this price we already expect that player to be in our first team.  That shows how far behind we are now comparing with Everton in spotting talents and investing for future.

In a sense, I am deeply disappointed by the fact that Rafa are not able to spot, keep and coach our young talents. Things didn't change that much aren't they? Instead of hoping to have someone replacing Dummett, the boys simply telling the club that here has no future and the best option is to quit whenever there is opportunity.

Fuck off Pedro.  This guy is a cancer to our academy.  I don't care what he did for us as a player but he ruins our academy for how many years?

There are two serious problems right now.  Clearly the youngsters have absolutely no confidence in our coaching and if they have real ambition they should leave for a better set up.  That means the remaining one are in fact bad apples.  Another thing is our coach are so bad that they cannot recognise the young players potential whilst our rivals are able to. 6m is not a small amount and if we signed someone at this price we already expect that player to be in our first team.  That shows how far behind we are now comparing with Everton in spotting talents and investing for future.

In a sense, I am deeply disappointed by the fact that Rafa are not able to spot, keep and coach our young talents. Things didn't change that much aren't they? Instead of hoping to have someone replacing Dummett, the boys simply telling the club that here has no future and the best option is to quit whenever there is opportunity.

f*** off Pedro.  This guy is a cancer to our academy.  I don't care what he did for us as a player but he ruins our academy for how many years?

Rafa isn't exactly the man to suffer fools, so surely if he was a major issue he'd have gone by now?

This isn't a case of Newcastle or Rafa not recognising him or willing to sell him. He hasn't signed a professional contract so he is allowed to leave with us only being given a compensation fee, not a transfer fee. We have offered him a professional deal but so have Everton and other clubs, Everton though have offered a £6m compensation fee. If he decided to go to one of the other clubs then it's likely that we will receive a lot less compensation, the fee will be determined by an FA panel.

Unforntialty we are not in the ideal position, with other players you can hold out and hold out until a crazy fee is offered, here though the lad can just walk out of our club one day and into another then next with us having no say in the matter.

Guest neesy111

This isn't a case of Newcastle or Rafa not recognising him or willing to sell him. He hasn't signed a professional contract so he is allowed to leave with us only being given a compensation fee, not a transfer fee. We have offered him a professional deal but so have Everton and other clubs, Everton though have offered a £6m compensation fee. If he decided to go to one of the other clubs then it's likely that we will receive a lot less compensation, the fee will be determined by an FA panel.

Unforntialty we are not in the ideal position, with other players you can hold out and hold out until a crazy fee is offered, here though the lad can just walk out of our club one day and into another then next with us having no say in the matter.

Can you give me examples where if it goes to tribunal where clubs get far less?  I don't think it's entirely accurate nowadays.

Can you give me examples where if it goes to tribunal where clubs get far less?  I don't think it's entirely accurate nowadays.

Solanke is expected to go for around £3m with his move from Chelsea to Liverpool and to be fair, he's recognised as a 'hotter prospect' so to speak.

Bostock went to Spurs for £750k with add-ons to take it to £1.25m and Danny Ings, who of course was a first team regular when he moved, went for £6.5m with £1.5m potential add-ons.

f*** off Pedro.  This guy is a cancer to our academy.  I don't care what he did for us as a player but he ruins our academy for how many years?

:lol: Amazing scenes.

Hopefully we have both a buy back and % of future sale clause

I doubt it considering he didn't have a professional contract and at this point in time he is merely deciding who to sign his first professional contract with.

We are not getting a "transfer fee" we are being compensated for the time and money spent on him while at the academy and the level of development, which in his case has been quite stellar.

:dowiespin:

:lol:

I just found this sudden outburst really funny is all.

He is the one who is responsible to bring up the boys from U18 to U23.  Ultimately speaking, he is the one who has the most impact on the boys.  If Pedro isn't the one responsible, who else should? Ashley again?

Hopefully we have both a buy back and % of future sale clause

I doubt it considering he didn't have a professional contract and at this point in time he is merely deciding who to sign his first professional contract with.

We are not getting a "transfer fee" we are being compensated for the time and money spent on him while at the academy and the level of development, which in his case has been quite stellar.

At present we can negotiate whatever we want. Only goes to tribunal if we can't agree compo.

Beardsley being scapegoated a bit here.

Particularly considering he runs the U23/reserve team and not any of the academy teams, and Gibson has not played for the U23s  [emoji38]

Thought Gibson had broke into the reserves last season

There's so much that goes on before Peter Beardsley has influence, including Dave Watson and Joe Joyce's decision on who plays for the u18s and u23s. Beardsley is a good coach, although he does like to absolutely rinse people if they don't meet his pretty high standards. He means it jokingly, but it doesn't always come across that way. I just feel your anger is strangely misplaced on this one. I mean did you know who Lewis Gibson was before this thread?

:lol:

I just found this sudden outburst really funny is all.

I'm with you, absolutely bizarre. Had been waiting to bust out a Dowie Spin.

It's the done thing on here to criticise Beardsley for anything academy related, without any actual understanding to how an academy actually operates. He's the unfortunate, thick looking Geordie figurehead and gets the abuse.