Have you enjoyed the season?

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Now that we're up, I'm wondering how people have enjoyed the season?

The big benefit has obviously been winning every week, sometimes in style as well. Having Rafa in this division has been great, the man just oozes class in everything he does. Watching some exciting new players like Hayden, Ritchie and Gayle and being impressed with the likes of Clark and Shelvey. Decent cup run in the League Cup, that should have seen us go one step further.

Plenty of downsides as well though, with the horrendous refereeing, having to grind out results, listening to games on the radio instead of watching, the anxiety of the last few weeks with that feeling creeping up that we might fuck it up.

It's in my top 5 seasons of all time; I've completely drowned myself in football again. Tense and not always pretty from a NUFC point of view, but compare that to recent years gone by and it's been terrific.

I would say it was a hit and a miss, i enjoyed us in the championship more last time around when we were destroying everyone, this season had a lot of frustrating moments and Jack Colback, the fans have been nothing short of incredible though and i honestly hope next year we get a team that preforms at a level that makes us all feel proud.

When Gayle was red hot I enjoyed it a lot. Pleasure seeing Shelvey, Ritchie and Atsu do good things. From Gayles injury onwards it was quite an awkward season to be relaxed. The pure disappointment in knowing so many players like Mitro, Perez and Lascelles aren't good enough too, they add to a large list of players who not good enough in this squad is a real shame. Was hoping they would all smash this league silly and be important players in the Premier League too.

I really like the Championship, it is really competitive and often throws up surprises.  Generally the fans of other clubs are genuine and decent as well.

I enjoyed the last time we were down more than this time, we had a far better team back then but, the determination this year and the doggedness that we have displayed to gain promotion at the first time of asking, again, has been enjoyable.

Not many teams go down and gain promotion in consecutive seasons, look at the struggle that Norwich and Villa have endured to be mediocre in this league!

I gave this season a 2 while I would have given the previous Championship season a solid 1.

I put it at a generous 4.

Last time was a 5, but the novelty wasn't there this time to make it as fun. The refereeing has been almost intolerable and the performances were stop-start, indifferent. Most of the home games have been forgettable for different reasons. It has felt very much like a procession and a job succinctly done, without ever being blistering. But I knocked it up from a 3 to a 4 because I got to see the 4-3 vs Norwich and 0-6 at QPR live.

100% loved it. The past few weeks have been a struggle and it's been disappointing missing out on the title - I know it's still vaguely possible - but overall I've enjoyed going into every game hoping for a win and being one of the best teams in the league.

I've enjoyed the amount of games too.

I've had longer periods of just wanting the job to be done than actively enjoying it, however there has been enjoyable times (after all, we are promoted).

In the first half of the season we went on a couple of good runs and had some big wins, but in amongst that, and particularly since Christmas we've been bordering on a chore to watch and have made what's felt like overly hard work of things.

A couple of weeks ago, I was worried that our players were just not good enough to carry out Rafa's seemingly principle strategy and was at risk of fucking things up. That strategy being extremely disciplined and tactically seeing out a[n often] narrow win. It is clear to me that we have a number of very average players in our first team, and when that is the case the margins of Rafa's game plan becomes apparently all the more narrow.

I don't expect that his football will be quite as frankly tiresome at times, when he has a core of players capable of executing his gameplan.

On the whole, for a team that's achieved promotion, the manner in which we've done it puts me right in the middle on a 2.5, however as a season in general in the life of a Newcastle fan... we've had a fantastic season and achieved our goal. In that respect it's a 5.

I put 2, but could argue for a 1 (assuming 1 for best and 5 for worst scale).

Having Rafa at the club has changed everything for me, likewise for most of us. We have a team who despite it's faults we can be proud of and you can see that there is a long term plan, hopefully Rafa gets to see it through.

Not only this but I have been able to get to some proper away games, and only missed 2 home games.

Should I make it to Canada then it is also my last full season here, so I've been cherishing the games that I have went too, especially as next season there will be a lot more Sunday kick offs which will mean I miss because of work.

Following the club like a real fan and with genuine hope again, so it has to be a yes. The consequences of failure were so high that it was hard to not be nervous towards the end. But if you can't enjoy a promotion season then it's pointless being a football fan at all.

As for Rafa's style, I think it's overly criticised because we don't have enough good players. I'm confident we'll get better to watch.

Hard to score it, maybe 3.5. But I don't think anything could have delivered much more than that given how high the cost of failure would've been.

Went for a 4 (assuming opposite to Stifler).

Enjoyable moments but overall feelings of anxiety, that I never really had last time, and poor standard of football in the division as a whole at times has made it more frustrating than exciting.

Exhilarated to see us promoted again (5th one for me).

Hoping he has learnt lessons and we don't make the same mistakes again now.

Enjoyed the championship more last time with Andy Carroll and Nolan. This time its been tougher with arguably a better squad and more successful manager. I will miss the games coming thick and fast Mondays Tuesdays, and Friday night games being the best after work and going to the pub to watch us. Its a good time to evaluate everything in this division. There will be a lot of those lads celebrating last night who will never play for us again, they were here for one reason and one reason only (business) getting us out of this division and it has been achieved. Big changes ahead, I hope the future is good for us and we learn from this experience, but I have enjoyed it.