Author Topic: The Rush Thread (Previously Jill's Birthday Thread)  (Read 8904 times)

newsted

• Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
Re: The Rush Thread (Previously Jill's Birthday Thread)
« Reply #125 on: Saturday 7 January 2017, 02:46:46 AM »
The cats have to be a bit more noisy so I can notice them

This worked a treat. One of them was louder than Metallica. No idea how. :lol:
:) Tomorrow's another day.

« Reply #126 on: Saturday 7 January 2017, 10:34:36 PM »
I've wondered for ages whether Jill likes Coheed and Cambria because of their huge Rush influence.

Jill, do you like Coheed and Cambria? They're hugely influenced by Rush.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Worst Chat Poster 2016
Most Boring/Repetitive/Deteriorated/Repetitive Poster 2016

Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • Pizza Life.
« Reply #127 on: Sunday 8 January 2017, 12:07:15 PM »
I've only heard a handful of their songs, which are reasonable. I'm bored at the moment so I'll fire up Spotify and see where it takes me.

I've had Peaceable Kingdom in my head all week after someone at work said they were taking "peaceable" possession of a property, which is apparently what one of our clients calls a voluntary possession.

Jill

• Pizza Life.
« Reply #128 on: Sunday 8 January 2017, 12:30:49 PM »
Ok I can completely hear the influence. :lol: Now I need to listen to Rush.

newsted

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday 11 January 2017, 01:00:50 AM »
My nightcap is pretty much Budgie, Metallica and Rush at least x 2 atm. She bought me some skull earphones today. Didn't even know they existed, but she reckons that's my thing. Yeah, Goth bitch, that's MY THING. They're pretty cool actually, probs use them, like tomorrow. My missus is ridiculously cool for her age. :lol:

newsted

« Reply #130 on: Saturday 14 January 2017, 02:28:10 AM »
My nightcap is pretty much Budgie, Metallica and Rush at least x 2 atm. She bought me some skull earphones today. Didn't even know they existed, but she reckons that's my thing. Yeah, Goth bitch, that's MY THING. They're pretty cool actually, probs use them, like tomorrow. My missus is ridiculously cool for her age. :lol:

:thup: They work goodly. We can make up words now, right?

Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
« Reply #131 on: Saturday 14 January 2017, 09:37:04 PM »
It's thoroughly transpiculatory to do so.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

newsted

« Reply #132 on: Thursday 26 January 2017, 11:26:28 PM »
so, why do I keep getting offered Ukrainian girls? I've never shown any previous interest.

Silver cruises, over 50 dating sites and PPI mis-selling now. Wtf? I don't like algorithms. I'm just watching my Rush jukebox, man. Leave me alone. :lol:

Accountancy software now. Christ, they're getting closer. :lol:

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #133 on: Thursday 26 January 2017, 11:29:58 PM »
so, why do I keep getting offered Ukrainian girls? I've never shown any previous interest.

Silver cruises, over 50 dating sites and PPI mis-selling now. Wtf? I don't like algorithms. I'm just watching my Rush jukebox, man. Leave me alone. :lol:

Tena pants next and you'll be putting blu tac on the laptops camera.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

newsted

« Reply #134 on: Friday 27 January 2017, 12:32:25 AM »

:lol: Had to Google Tena pants. Gaffer taped that f***ing camera immediately btw. Nee f***er's ganna see the clip of me online.

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #135 on: Friday 27 January 2017, 12:33:52 AM »

:lol: Had to Google Tena pants. Gaffer taped that f***ing camera immediately btw. Nee f***er's ganna see the clip of me online.
Had to google tena pants, yeah,aye, whatever!
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

newsted

« Reply #136 on: Friday 27 January 2017, 01:03:27 AM »

Had to google tena pants, yeah,aye, whatever!

Nah, true. :lol: Will have to ask Mrs newsted if she knows what the f*** they are. She's maybe more in tune with that generation.

newsted

« Reply #137 on: Saturday 28 January 2017, 08:36:58 PM »
Oh, yeah. She absolutely knew. Like adult nappies, right? I was saying it like Tina but she corrected me, it's like tenner. FFS.

How did I not know about this? We are both currently continent, but it worries me that she's done the research. :lol:

newsted

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 11:52:50 PM »
Better f*** off to bed now, taking minutes at 9 am and expected to be awake through 4 hours of zzzz meetings. f***. :(

This s*** be happen again. Thought I'd dodged that bullet, but nah. Slightly ashamed of posting adult men prancing in high heels and flares, the music is my only excuse. HBJ. :lol:

newsted

« Reply #139 on: Saturday 25 February 2017, 01:41:21 AM »
Love me a power trio, but damn does Geddy Lee's voice (as well as Robert Plant's . . .) give me an instant headache. No judgment, just an unfortunate medical fact. #Random

:lol: These'll probably trigger some pain too. Warning: not Rush.

Saw them at The Mayfair back in the day. Obvs Metallica did it better.

That was a tiring tour but at least I kept my clothes on. :lol: Me: exit stage left. Them: f*** you newboy. Exit stage right.

FFS. Knew I'd probably got left and right wrong immediately, it's from the performer's POV. Fuckin. :lol: CBA to check until now. Never going on p2. :lol:

Well, I got that wrong. :lol: Work s***. Needed a blast tonight. Love it on the Budgie one when Burke just wanders over to the amp and turns it down for the quiet bit, then back up to 11 when the riff kicks in.

newsted

« Reply #140 on: Monday 6 March 2017, 10:57:24 PM »
Similar blast need tonight, what with further work s***. :lol: at Tony's smug smirk when he's riffing, like "Yeah, I wrote this s***, motherfucker."

newsted

« Reply #141 on: Tuesday 7 March 2017, 10:52:15 PM »
Oh, Jill, you work with mortgages, right? Might need your input if all this bollocks goes sideways and I need to save our souls. Mrs n might agree to a transpiculatory meet next time you're around the Fusi area, Ash is pestering her anyway. Just on options and that, I'm no expert but I'm sure I can get my head around it all. :dontknow:

:thup: :lol: I'll just say you're my mortgage adviser.

Jill

• Pizza Life.
« Reply #142 on: Thursday 9 March 2017, 07:26:29 PM »
:lol: I work in mortgage repossessions. I probably don't give out the best advice, but I'm happy to try.

newsted

« Reply #143 on: Thursday 9 March 2017, 11:45:55 PM »
:lol: I work in mortgage repossessions. I probably don't give out the best advice, but I'm happy to try.

Sounds like the exact s*** I'm worried about. Met a lad at lunchtime, retired now, and they pulled the same stunts on him when he was at our place. Eye-opening. That seems to be their MO, an absolute mass of bullies and none of us know that everyone else gets the treatment. :lol: Might just f*** their game up. I'll have some words with the minions.

newsted

« Reply #144 on: Sunday 12 March 2017, 02:18:50 AM »

Took a couple of days to filter through my thick skull, but that's a s*** job. People on the brink.

"What? I haven't got enough money?"

ya, soz like.

"But...how?"

Heh, buy a f***ing time machine and save some more, you daftie.

newsted

« Reply #145 on: Monday 13 March 2017, 10:29:11 PM »
Was at the doc's today and blah blah, a proper f*** on. Had to sit in the waiting forever room and they had R2 on for the old folk ofc, first track was Floyd and I was like "Wait, that's Floyd!"

Next up was

sans Paint It Black. And I thought "Hang on, this is for the oldies. Oh s***. :okay:"

Yes, youse can all f*** off. :lol: FML.

newsted

« Reply #146 on: Sunday 19 March 2017, 01:31:00 PM »

Well, f*** me pink. I had never noticed that was 21 minutes and 12 seconds long. That's some smart timing. Christ, I'm on the ball this week, the world had better watch out. :lol:

Jill

• Pizza Life.
« Reply #147 on: Sunday 19 March 2017, 03:03:45 PM »
Found myself listening to In the End on repeat this morning. Lush song.

newsted

« Reply #148 on: Saturday 25 March 2017, 01:36:44 AM »
Found myself listening to In the End on repeat this morning. Lush song.

Christ, haven't heard that in years. All the lyrics came straight back, like. :lol: All of that is hardwired. Initially thought of the Linkin Park song and thought "Yeah, that's good, but why's it in the Rush thread?" I might be a f***ing idiot. :lol:

Jill

• Pizza Life.
« Reply #149 on: Saturday 25 March 2017, 10:35:28 AM »
I do like the Linkin Park one too mind. :lol: