Author Topic: NBA 2016-17 - Let's all pretend it's not going to be Cavs v Warriors!  (Read 61584 times)

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
Re: NBA 2016-17 - Draft Tonight!
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:04:55 PM »
Thunder shopping Ibaka apparently!
Isla will apprently be a wing back in QPRs 3-5-2, so will have a chance to do some things in the final third, while being listed as a defender! ($$$$$$$).

Aluko will be playing upfront in place of Long, but is listed as a midfielder! ($$$$$$$).

I thank you  :smug:

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:07:20 PM »

Would be a mighty fine fit for Toronto. Thunder probably want players more than they want draft picks though.

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:12:36 PM »
Yeah, think they're trying to get players.

Can I just say I love what the Pacers have done.

Thaddeus Young and Jeff Teague are really good acquisitions. Really good players that are somewhat underrated IMO.
Isla will apprently be a wing back in QPRs 3-5-2, so will have a chance to do some things in the final third, while being listed as a defender! ($$$$$$$).

Aluko will be playing upfront in place of Long, but is listed as a midfielder! ($$$$$$$).

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:13:37 PM »
Yeah, think they're trying to get players.

Can I just say I love what the Pacers have done.

Thaddeus Young and Jeff Teague are really good acquisitions. Really good players that are somewhat underrated IMO.

Toronto could try to flip the #9 and change for say... Kris Middleton, who seems to be on the market, then use him to trade for Ibaka. Thunder would absolutely love him.

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:15:56 PM »
Good shout. Really looking forward to tonight.

If you guys get Dunn you should be happy. Saw quite a bit of him last year. Very modern day point guard. Bit of a John Wall type.

You guys can afford to ditch Smart, Rozier and even Thomas IMO.

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:17:21 PM »

If you guys get Dunn you should be happy. Saw quite a bit of him last year. Very modern day point guard. Bit of a John Wall type.

We've already seen with the Noel/Embiid/Okafor situation in Philly how overlapping assets depreciate. It's not going to be easy to get anything of worth for Smart or Rozier or Bradley or even Thomas when people know we have to get one off the roster.

« Reply #56 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:24:57 PM »

Doesn't surprise me, He was such a small factor compared to Adams and doesn't have much of a role on the offence anymore. Plus they need pay Durant this year and Westbrook/Adams next year.

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:48:01 PM »

We've already seen with the Noel/Embiid/Okafor situation in Philly how overlapping assets depreciate. It's not going to be easy to get anything of worth for Smart or Rozier or Bradley or even Thomas when people know we have to get one off the roster.

True. Guess we'll see what happens. Ainge needs to have a good night.

If it comes down to Dunn or Jaylen Brown, as has been speculated, I'd be more concerned about Brown. Not convinced by him at all. Looks like he is far from ready.

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:55:12 PM »

True. Guess we'll see what happens. Ainge needs to have a good night.

If it comes down to Dunn or Jaylen Brown, as has been speculated, I'd be more concerned about Brown. Not convinced by him at all. Looks like he is far from ready.

I can't understand why he won't just take Bender to be honest. (I guess he still might.) He's not ideal for us but you might as well take a flier on him if your other options are "our 4th small, defensive guard" or "worst WARP projection for a top 10 pick ever"

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 09:58:56 PM »
I am watching an old video of Arvydas Sabonis with baby Domantas on NBA TV. It is freaking adorable and I now want us to draft him.

« Reply #60 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 10:18:43 PM »
I don't know why the Celtics purposely abstain from just taking the white dude. Y'all know you want to.

« Reply #61 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 10:20:31 PM »
I don't know why the Celtics purposely abstain from just taking the white dude. Y'all know you want to.

:lol:

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 10:20:41 PM »

Because there aren't a lot of undersized white combo guards that are good at defense and can't shoot

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 10:26:56 PM »

:lol:

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 10:30:36 PM »
Didn't realize that Dunn was from the same part of Connecticut that I grew up in. His dad and my dad went to the same college.

Please don't be a Celtic. Please don't be a Celtic. Please don't be a Celtic.

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 11:32:32 PM »
Dallas pursuing Mike Conley and Hassan Whiteside. That would be great for them if they land those two.

TRC

• WASRKOOK
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 11:52:14 PM »
Belenelli to Charlotte for 22nd pick?

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 23 June 2016, 11:58:33 PM »
Belenelli to Charlotte for 22nd pick?

:lol: somebody pull out the crying MJ meme

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
« Reply #68 on: Friday 24 June 2016, 12:02:06 AM »
They gave up a pick for friggin Belinelli?! MJ is a mess man :lol:

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
« Reply #69 on: Friday 24 June 2016, 12:04:25 AM »
Okay, okay ... looks like the guys are dressed more sensibly than their NFL counterparts. Thank God. I really don't want to have this ruined by horrifically garish outfits.

Although I have just now seen Labissiere wearing some thing absolutely horrific. Stupid boy. Will probably cost him at least ten places in the draft.

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #70 on: Friday 24 June 2016, 12:06:50 AM »
"Boston is really focused on Kris Dunn" - Woj

I'm going to be watching with friends so you won't see me explode live, so here it is in advance:

WHAT THE f*** JUST HAPPENED WHAT WHY AINGE WHY

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
« Reply #71 on: Friday 24 June 2016, 12:12:24 AM »
At least Dunn can play, and looks like he can straight away. Just find a way to ditch your current guards, except Bradley who I really like, and you'll be good man.

Plus Dunn is looking sharp. Dressed very well. Right amount of swag. He clearly has a big future.

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #72 on: Friday 24 June 2016, 12:13:58 AM »
The only acceptable scenario for Dunn is if a trade to move other guards is already in place. After last year I'm 100% confident that no team is ever trading anything with us ever again.

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #73 on: Friday 24 June 2016, 12:14:59 AM »
Ford says Maker is going to the Bucks at 10 :lol:

« Reply #74 on: Friday 24 June 2016, 12:19:43 AM »
Bucks :yao:

When does this shitshow start btw? i can't wait to see what tragic mess we draft.