Poll

How many signings will we make before the transfer deadline?

Some
26 (15.3%)
None
94 (55.3%)
liioqesiwiwiwi
50 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 169

Author Topic: Unrealistic NUFC transfer rumours  (Read 1455831 times)

Cheik The Room, xxgeorge (+ 1 Hidden) and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dave

• Administrator
Re: NUFC transfer rumours in the press
« Reply #14900 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 09:57:23 AM »
Transfers didn't seem to be a problem last summer.

« Reply #14901 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 10:03:37 AM »
My main worry is cover for Gayle, if we go into the season without a second striker who can get a reasonable amount of goals we are taking a huge risk. We know that gayle will have a hamstring pull or two during the season and god forbid he gets a long term injury...
Wish we would start following, monitoring, enquiring and then doing something about strikers tbh!
Chuck in a fast number ten and a defensive midfielder and we will be sound.
FWIW I am not worried at the moment, it is early days and i reckon we will do our business nearer the end of the window when clubs get twitchy about not selling...
*The pessimist borrows trouble; the optimist lends encouragement.
*Act as if it were impossible to fail.
*The average pencil is seven inches long, with just a half-inch eraser - in case you thought optimism was dead.

« Reply #14902 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 10:06:39 AM »
I'd gladly take this season to consolidate and kick on, but we all know it's not going to happen so long as Ashley is here. What grates me is the constant whinging about it  each transfer window as if it's something new. We were never going splurge 10 - 15 million at the start of the window on bang average players like Bournemouth and Burnley are doing.

That's pretty much exactly what we did last season. In the grand scale of things, the 10-15 million on bang average players is Ritchie and Gayle.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

« Reply #14903 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 10:09:41 AM »

The market is a very, very different place 12 month later. Not just in terms of the fee and salary inflation but the quality we require for the season ahead.
Like everyone I'd be happier to see improvements made already, but while squad fillers are readily available (albeit a lot pricier than last year) and 60-70M bids will get quick results, the market we're in is still largely log jammed.
Almost no one is prepared to commit with six weeks still to go, hoping better offers will come along.
It will give, and when it does we have to make those key signings and they have to be better than what we already have.
Lejuene is undoubtedly an upgrade but I'm not sure that some of the names being bandied around in the press would improve us.

Dokko

• TT
  • Howay you robot radgies
« Reply #14904 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 10:49:35 AM »

We weren't signing premiership quality players.

Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #14905 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 10:52:27 AM »
There's no need for a definitive viewpoint on a young player if they can get game time on loan at a decent level. If it happens for him great, if not it's hardly the end of the world.

« Reply #14906 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 10:54:56 AM »

We weren't signing premiership quality players.

We aren't this summer either, certainly not proven players.

« Reply #14907 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 10:56:29 AM »
There really is f*** all happening

« Reply #14908 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:14:40 AM »
Not much cause for optimism right now is there  :lol:

There's surely no way Rafa is content with this squad going into the season. I guess publicly/openly displaying his concern just isn't his style.

« Reply #14909 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:18:01 AM »
Meanwhile STM is ice cold ;)

« Reply #14910 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:21:52 AM »
We still need 3 straight into the first team players. Can't see it happening now barring some miracle. The club will balk at the cost if what we have seen so far is any guide.

« Reply #14912 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:24:18 AM »
Good.
Mums are the creatures that hold the world together and if it wasn't for your mum then you probably wouldn't have even ever been born.

« Reply #14913 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:24:59 AM »
Craig Hope‏Verifierat konto @CraigHope_DM  2 minför 2 minuter sedan
Mer
 NUFC have resurrected interest in Sheyi Ojo but only as a loan deal. Still hoping for progress on Jacob Murphy - it's not one or other.

« Reply #14914 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:26:13 AM »
Talks ongoing for Murphy. How f***ing much is there to talk about?

« Reply #14915 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:28:10 AM »
What concerns me is that in recent years all of our signings have been telegraphed weeks if not months in advance. The only name I can remember signing out of the blue was De Jong, in the window he signed there was really no rumour or anything that he was on our radar. Other than that there is always the usual somewhat credible sources (Caulkin etc.) putting the names out there weeks before they end up signing. And now there's just nothing, nobody even worth making a thread about  :lol:

« Reply #14916 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:40:21 AM »
What concerns me is that in recent years all of our signings have been telegraphed weeks if not months in advance. The only name I can remember signing out of the blue was De Jong, in the window he signed there was really no rumour or anything that he was on our radar. Other than that there is always the usual somewhat credible sources (Caulkin etc.) putting the names out there weeks before they end up signing. And now there's just nothing, nobody even worth making a thread about  :lol:

Just had a look at the Cieran Clark thread. He was first linked by Caulkin on August 1st, signed on August 3rd. Sels, Murphy, Yedlin & Diame also seemed to be signed within a short period of time from being linked.
Mums are the creatures that hold the world together and if it wasn't for your mum then you probably wouldn't have even ever been born.

« Reply #14917 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:42:17 AM »
God only knows what bullshit they are feeding Rafa. :lol:

Incognito

• Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #14918 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 11:54:24 AM »
God only knows what bullshit they are feeding Rafa. [emoji38]
Ah, I love The Beach Boys.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

« Reply #14919 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 12:13:57 PM »
I wonder what the odds are on Rafa walking before the Spurs game? :(

ope

• palnese
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

Up there as one of the most embarrassing footballing experiences of my life.

« Reply #14921 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 12:26:01 PM »
How the f*** can you justify a £25m price tag for someone who clearly isn't first choice, having played 12 games last season. Bloody mental.

« Reply #14922 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 12:29:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/deanjonesbr/status/886892026339504128

:lol:

If anyone needed further illustration of how f***ing mad the market has gone or explanation why so few premier league players are moving, then there it is clear as daylight.

joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
« Reply #14923 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 12:29:48 PM »
I wonder what the odds are on Rafa walking before the Spurs game? :(

How else would he get to the dug out?

« Reply #14924 on: Monday 17 July 2017, 12:33:06 PM »
How the f*** can you justify a £25m price tag for someone who clearly isn't first choice, having played 12 games last season. Bloody mental.

Because he's under contract, they can justify what ever they like.