Author Topic: The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  (Read 90613 times)

Re: The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #25 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 10:21:10 PM »
It was a solid 7 out of 10 before Dwayne turned up.

I'd agree with that despite all the horrendous actual booking choices.

« Reply #26 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 10:45:58 PM »
What a load of s***.

Bury Wyatts
Mute the mic's
Give some woman a hall of fane award when she keeps most of the charity money.

« Reply #27 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 11:41:17 PM »
Beginning to wonder whether the WWE Network is good for WWE. Sat here watching Monday Night War after that god awful final 90 minutes of mania is just hitting home how s**** the next few months (at least) are going to be.

Anyway, apparently we've got some returns tonight, so hopefully they'll be good ones. Or at least, hopefully those who return won't be buried by the time Payback(lash) hits your screens.

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 12:24:48 AM »
The other problem with the Network is that, without having to sell PPVs, they put even less effort in making a good show or building superstars. WrestleMania's main priority is creating 2 or 3 moments that can be shown on Sportscentre or go viral, instead of being 'The Showcase of the Immortals' that it was.

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 12:31:59 AM »
The other problem with the Network is that, without having to sell PPVs, they put even less effort in making a good show or building superstars. WrestleMania's main priority is creating 2 or 3 moments that can be shown on Sportscentre or go viral, instead of being 'The Showcase of the Immortals' that it was.

In fairness it's been like that long before the Network was a thing, the last good WM that was not filled with crap and had good moments which saved it was probably 24.

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 12:40:35 AM »

In fairness it's been like that long before the Network was a thing, the last good WM that was not filled with crap and had good moments which saved it was probably 24.

I still think 30 was a good enough show. It had Bryan/Triple H, Bryan winning the belt and Brock ending the streak. In terms of moments I can't think of too many bigger than the opening promo with Hogan, Austin and Rock. It was certainly no Wrestlemania 17 or 19 but it's been as good as it's got since.

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 12:45:29 AM »
Weirdly two of my favourite three Wrestlemania matches have come at two awful Wrestlemania shows. Hart/Austin at 13 and Undertaker/Michaels at 25. Perhaps made more memorable for the fact that the rest of the shows were utter s***.

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 12:51:44 AM »

I still think 30 was a good enough show. It had Bryan/Triple H, Bryan winning the belt and Brock ending the streak. In terms of moments I can't think of too many bigger than the opening promo with Hogan, Austin and Rock. It was certainly no Wrestlemania 17 or 19 but it's been as good as it's got since.

Brock ending the streak was a great moment but that's exactly what i was on about with moments saving it as the match itself was crap IMO, the only good matches of that event was the Bryan matches IMO.

In some ways i prefer 31, the bar isn't very high though as most of them have all had similar issues. Last night could have been good but once again the bad booking rears it's ugly head.

The one thing i can't get out of my mind is that Takeover Dallas and WM32 were booked by the same company. :lol:

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 12:56:47 AM »
To be honest during his second run Brock has been fairly terrible in the ring. He's reduced himself to this 'suplex-city/MMA' gimmick and is doing a fraction of the things he did before. I can't say I've been a huge fan of any of his one on one matches.

I'd imagine they are booked by very different people. I get the impression NXT is booked by guys with worldwide experience of the wrestling industry for wrestling fans while the main roster stuff is booked by TV writers to appeal to a wider audience. My current feeling is that NXT has been crafted not only to be a developmental territory but to be a proper kick in the teeth to ROH and TNA. It's not only got better production values, a big fan following but is the gateway to getting on the main WWE roster. I'm just grateful Vince leaves it to other people to book it.

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:01:20 AM »
Weirdly two of my favourite three Wrestlemania matches have come at two awful Wrestlemania shows. Hart/Austin at 13 and Undertaker/Michaels at 25. Perhaps made more memorable for the fact that the rest of the shows were utter s***.

It's fuckin genius if you think about it. 99% s*** just so you can hang onto that 1% of brilliance.

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:01:51 AM »
Anyway, RAW 2K17 is kicking off. Any predictions? In which hour do we think Zach Ryder will lose his title?

jdckelly

• Book Wanker
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:02:56 AM »
Anyway, RAW 2K17 is kicking off. Any predictions? In which hour do we think Zach Ryder will lose his title?
start of the 2nd hour is my guess which would just confirm he won it solely so they could do the commercial

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:02:57 AM »
I'm going for Corbin to win it from him.

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:03:16 AM »
:lol: Them mentioning strategically how drunk this crowd tends to be.

jdckelly

• Book Wanker
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:03:24 AM »
oh wow already getting in the excuses for roman boos

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:03:38 AM »
Haha, oh s***.

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:03:49 AM »
Issue #1 = announcers are the same
#2 = Cole has already called the fans who travelled to shithole Dallas "non-traditional".

jdckelly

• Book Wanker
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:04:48 AM »
so sweep that little interesting thing under the mat status quo restored

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:05:39 AM »
They'll just mute the crowd anyway.

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:06:38 AM »
Very odd little promo there...

jdckelly

• Book Wanker
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:06:55 AM »
hey shanes still alive and can walk thats good

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:06:58 AM »
They'll just mute the crowd anyway.

Apparently "they wont be needing help with that tonight". Whatever that means.

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:07:56 AM »
Probably have the chants ready to be piped in from the production truck.

jdckelly

• Book Wanker
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:10:47 AM »
wait what

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 5 April 2016, 01:11:15 AM »
very odd little start to raw this

First match. Shane McMahon vs Roman Reigns in HIAC